Other Stage 2020

Matt42

39 minutes ago, sisco said:

Also been billed as a UK dance festival exclusive

As soon as I saw that I thought the person who said Calvin Harris has some info. If Glastonbury wasn't involved you'd presume it would be an English Festival Exclusive as Cream are very clear when they have exclusives.

13 minutes ago, sisco said:

Think they’ll get a 3rd spot on the pyramid myself. 

Me too.

Just now, SomeoneListeningIn said:

The latter, I think.

If it is them (+PBS and Calvin) Emily's had some artistic license by saying the three OS headliners are Pyramid level, considering the previous two times two of them have played has been headlining the OS.

Massive Attack doesn't feel right to me for some reason. Maybe 'cause they've not released anything since last time? I dunno.

29 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

If he’s playing Creamfields then he’ll almost definitely be playing Glasgow Summer Sessions around then too but yeah, does make Glastonbury seem very likely. If Massive Attack aren’t announced as an exclusive for APE next week then Pet Shop Boys, Calvin Harris, Massive Attack seems like a solid trio.

I don't buy Massive Attack playing again - just see no benefit for each side to have them return and that they'll probably be an exclusive at APE just because they're not doing anything else. Think it will be one of those rock bands completing the set.

12 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

JP headliner as an “indie” alternative to Kendrick and PSB would be my bet.

Catfish and the Bottlemen? They're too big for that. For context, Editors are the ones actually rumoured for that slot on that night and are way smaller.

3 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

As soon as I saw that I thought the person who said Calvin Harris has some info. If Glastonbury wasn't involved you'd presume it would be an English Festival Exclusive as Cream are very clear when they have exclusives.

Me too.

Was such random info about Calvin that you immediately think there maybe something in it.  Now with that exclusivity line you’ve got to think he was actually right

Just now, dentalplan said:

I don't buy Massive Attack playing again - just see no benefit for each side to have them return and that they'll probably be an exclusive at APE just because they're not doing anything else. Think it will be one of those rock bands completing the set.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if they're exclusive at APE either, if they're not though then I think Glastonbury must be quite likely as the other festival. Was just trying to suggest another option to Foals after the drummer said they hadn't been booked a couple of months ago.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

If it is them (+PBS and Calvin) Emily's had some artistic license by saying the three OS headliners are Pyramid level, considering the previous two times two of them have played has been headlining the OS.

Massive Attack doesn't feel right to me for some reason. Maybe 'cause they've not released anything since last time? I dunno.

She never said "three Other Stage headliners are Pyramid level" though. It was "we’ve got kind of Pyramid level headliners on the Other Stage next year", which could feasibly just be one of the names, and even then only 'kind of'.

Also don't forget that one EP that Massive Attack brought out! :P

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if they're exclusive at APE either, if they're not though then I think Glastonbury must be quite likely as the other festival. Was just trying to suggest another option to Foals after the drummer said they hadn't been booked a couple of months ago.

Oh did he? Fair. However, they did say that last year when they had a UK tour with a Glasto-shaped hole.

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I think for the current political climate they are right to be at the festival this year. Its just in what capacity. I would be very excited if they did another Mezzanine XXI show at Glasto just because I think it would be great to put that on the tele and see what viewers think of that performance.

Just now, Suprefan said:

I think for the current political climate they are right to be at the festival this year. Its just in what capacity. I would be very excited if they did another Mezzanine XXI show at Glasto just because I think it would be great to put that on the tele and see what viewers think of that performance.

The band wouldn't put it on telly though.

Edited by dentalplan

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Oh did he? Fair. However, they did say that last year when they had a UK tour with a Glasto-shaped hole.

Yeah I had missed it as well. Seems an easy enough question to dodge if they are playing though.

On 1/19/2020 at 6:35 PM, kingcrawler said:

I hadn’t seen this before but yeah, does make them seem unlikely. 

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 9:43 PM, Hugh Jass said:

Still find it utterly bizarre that the Libertines are headlining both Bennicassim and the Bingley Weekender in the same summer.

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2020 at 9:26 AM, dentalplan said:

They headlined the Coombe Weekender in Coventry last year. Norwich Sunday Sessions later this year. I don't think they're much of a coup for anyone nowadays.

They headlined and curated the Sunday of a festival down here with 10,000 capacity and it failed to sell out.  And they live here and run a hotel and recording studio here too.

Festival now bankrupt.

24 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Catfish and the Bottlemen? They're too big for that. For context, Editors are the ones actually rumoured for that slot on that night and are way smaller.

Oh ar, forgot about Editors.

I still think Foals or 1975 are playing. There’s no info on Massive Attack but if they are around they should be in contention. They are a bit of a chemical brothers sort of act who come back every 5 or so years. I’d be surprised if both Chemicals and Massive Attack sat out the anniversary. 

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I still think Foals or 1975 are playing. There’s no info on Massive Attack but if they are around they should be in contention. They are a bit of a chemical brothers sort of act who come back every 5 or so years. I’d be surprised if both Chemicals and Massive Attack sat out the anniversary. 

You think The 1975 are going to headline the Other Stage?