Other Stage 2020

Matt42

4 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Yannis told someone at one of their gigs that they hadn't been asked this year, I believe. 

I think that was the same info that said Dua Lipa and The 1975 were headlining the Other stage, when there's more info now that Dua Lipa will be on the Pyramid and The 1975 aren't playing. Foals can only play Saturday or Sunday so I'm expecting them as our Sunday Other headliner.

5 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I think that was the same info that said Dua Lipa and The 1975 were headlining the Other stage, when there's more info now that Dua Lipa will be on the Pyramid and The 1975 aren't playing. Foals can only play Saturday or Sunday so I'm expecting them as our Sunday Other headliner.

Foals or The National for Sunday Other would make my festival 😍

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Cheers @sisco and @kingcrawler definitely seems Foals are looking likely again. 

Not a problem at all.

Personally if the others are ruled out for a variety of reasons I’d say the current options are:

PSB

Calvin Harris

Massive Attack

Foals

Biffy Clyro

Royal Blood

The National

Sure some others can add a few more names

Edited by sisco

12 minutes ago, mufcok said:

This is news to me, and fantastic news at that. Do you know when he was on 6 music?

Whether people think they're Pyramid headliners now or not, the vast majority clearly don't, I really don't see them playing another slot. They're still headlining every festival they pay and I imagine for a handsome payday. They don't strike me as the type of band to accept a lower slot because it's Glastonbury

It was either the 5th or 6th December. Part of the Music News segment on Keaveny's show, talking about an exhibition thing he did with some artist that has the same name?? It was a bit odd, but he was asked something like "are you doing a field next June" and he said something about preferring to do their own shows for their fans. It was a bit vague and I can't remember all the details, but it seemed very clear they weren't doing Glastonbury.

Just now, jparx said:

It was either the 5th or 6th December. Part of the Music News segment on Keaveny's show, talking about an exhibition thing he did with some artist that has the same name?? It was a bit odd, but he was asked something like "are you doing a field next June" and he said something about preferring to do their own shows for their fans. It was a bit vague and I can't remember all the details, but it seemed very clear they weren't doing Glastonbury.

Cheers

33 minutes ago, sisco said:

Not a problem at all.

Personally if the others are ruled out for a variety of reasons I’d say the current options are:

PSB

Calvin Harris

Massive Attack

Foals

Biffy Clyro

Royal Blood

The National

I'm actually pretty happy with this list of potentials! Just missing a RATM...

4 hours ago, jparx said:

Drummer mentioned on 6 Music that they were looking to do their own shows in the UK next year, specifically saying they didn't want to do festivals. He seemed to rule them out quite definitively. 

Oh thank you for that! I couldnt remember what I had read or heard😂 hopefully it'll be a show I can attend. 

7 hours ago, sisco said:

Not a problem at all.

PSB

Calvin Harris

Massive Attack

Foals

Biffy Clyro

Royal Blood

The National

Black keys must be worth a shout.

Subbed pyramid last time and got a big crowd. Touring this year.

Friday night I reckon x

9 hours ago, sisco said:

Not a problem at all.

PSB

Calvin Harris

Massive Attack

Foals

Biffy Clyro

Royal Blood

The National

Twenty One Pilots randomly playing Dublin on that Thursday still seems weirdly suspicious.. Would definitely be an odd booking against Kendrick on the Friday which seems like the day they'd be most likely

2 hours ago, Purple aki squat said:

Black keys must be worth a shout.

Subbed pyramid last time and got a big crowd. Touring this year.

Friday night I reckon x

Black Keys I don't think could sub now, I could see them playing 3rd down or subbing Other. 

I think looking at PSB, Calvin Harris and Foals currently. I don't see Biffy Clyro showing up. The 1975 I reckon a secret set plus a solo sat from that Matt bloke if he's mentioned about it. I always thought they would wait for a new record to come before they headlined and the Reading headline set came at a time when Glastonbury then Reading made more sense. They've already done Reading and an arena tour off of this album essentially.

30 minutes ago, Neondrift said:

Twenty One Pilots randomly playing Dublin on that Thursday still seems weirdly suspicious.. Would definitely be an odd booking against Kendrick on the Friday which seems like the day they'd be most likely

Strange you say that as I'd go and see what they're all about as an alternative even though I'm not really into much of their music.

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

that's not what he said. He said they weren't headlining.

Which seemed oddly specific to me.

One of my mates thought the collective laughing after the said they were busy was a kind of nod towards a secret set, especially after the singer said he'd be on site 

3 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

One of my mates thought the collective laughing after the said they were busy was a kind of nod towards a secret set, especially after the singer said he'd be on site 

does it have to be a secret set? The band need to be secret about playing (if they are) at the moment so that could be reason enough for the laughing. 

I don't really see why it couldn't be an announced set just not as (Pyramid) headliners, and if they headlined the Other it would fit with what Emily said of the Other headliners being Pyramid-sized.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

does it have to be a secret set? The band need to be secret about playing (if they are) at the moment so that could be reason enough for the laughing. 

I don't really see why it couldn't be an announced set just not as (Pyramid) headliners, and if they headlined the Other it would fit with what Emily said of the Other headliners being Pyramid-sized.

The definitely fit this criteria better than any of the others in the running.

Just now, SwedgeAntilles said:

The definitely fit this criteria better than any of the others in the running.

my take on Emily's words is that all three acts aren't necessarily really going to be Pyramid headliner sized, but at the same time I'm thinking it's likely that at least one will be of about that level. The 1975 are the most obvious for that.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

my take on Emily's words is that all three acts aren't necessarily really going to be Pyramid headliner sized, but at the same time I'm thinking it's likely that at least one will be of about that level. The 1975 are the most obvious for that.

Calvin would fit that bill too (as would Foals, Biffy, Nick Cave, Twenty One Pilots, The Strokes etc.).

4 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Similar thinking to the Killers secret set and subsequent headline set at the next festival. Emily smashing the negotiations with a 2 for 1 deal. 

Edited by zero000

Said in other thread but is there anything actually tying Calvin into this? I thought the general consensus was that he was a late draft in for Coachella?

My guess at the moment is Pet Shop Boys,  Twenty One Pilots and Massive Attack.

I know I said no to 21p before but if not them then the National or Foals?

Edited by Matt42