Other Stage 2020

Matt42

Bumping this given there's been a bit of change in the last few days. 1975 now look unlikely to be there this year (secret set if anything). Noel G touted for Pyramid sub rather than Other headliner, Dua Lipa we're not sure where she'll land. 

Who's the favourites now; PSB, Calvin Harris and one of; Foals, The National, The Strokes? 

4 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Who's the favourites now; PSB, Calvin Harris and one of; Foals, The National, The Strokes? 

PBS, Calvin, Foals seems the best bet at the moment, but that’s still purely based on the speculation that PBS and Foals need to slot in to the lineup somehow and taking some guy on Facebooks word for it that Calvin is playing.

Edited by FloorFiller

33 minutes ago, Gingerfish79 said:

I'm very selfishly holding on to the slim hope that at least one of the '6' headliners will be something a little heavier. It would be quite nice to have some rock/metal represented at the top of the bill. 

The heaviest act I could realistically see headlining the Other would be Royal Blood. Apart from them, I wouldn't hold out too much hope.

Unless by some miracle Rage show up, which isn't happening, so sorry for even mentioning them.

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Bumping this given there's been a bit of change in the last few days. 1975 now look unlikely to be there this year (secret set if anything). Noel G touted for Pyramid sub rather than Other headliner, Dua Lipa we're not sure where she'll land. 

The Strokes are huge outsiders for me (only because I don't want to get my hopes up) but one of the members did mention a UK show in 2020 so could they finally be there?

1 minute ago, Kalopsia said:

The Strokes are huge outsiders for me (only because I don't want to get my hopes up) but one of the members did mention a UK show in 2020 so could they finally be there?

Drummer mentioned on 6 Music that they were looking to do their own shows in the UK next year, specifically saying they didn't want to do festivals. He seemed to rule them out quite definitively. 

Just now, jparx said:

Drummer mentioned on 6 Music that they were looking to do their own shows in the UK next year, specifically saying they didn't want to do festivals. He seemed to rule them out quite definitively. 

This is news to me, and fantastic news at that. Do you know when he was on 6 music?

Whether people think they're Pyramid headliners now or not, the vast majority clearly don't, I really don't see them playing another slot. They're still headlining every festival they pay and I imagine for a handsome payday. They don't strike me as the type of band to accept a lower slot because it's Glastonbury

9 minutes ago, jparx said:

Yep, Massive Attack are well in play. We don't have any specific rumours for them, but IMO they're actually the most likely option to fill one of those slots.

I think PSB are most likely given the *almost* self confirmation and Other headliner makes the most sense placement wise for them. Agree that Massive Attack are probably next most likely (now I've remembered about them 😬

Edited by SwedgeAntilles

1 minute ago, TheWaters said:

Foals, The National and Massive Attack is the dream. Or two of those for Saturday and Sunday leaving me free to watch Kendrick guilt free on the Friday. 

That is very strong but doesn't really strike me as diverse. Two of those three could easily do it though, if I was betting I'd probably go with the latter two