Other Stage 2020

Matt42

47 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Twenty One Pilots, while not music I enjoy would be an insane get for Glastonbury on the Other. 

Pet Shop Boys/Twenty One Pilots/1975 ?

That would be too good!

Would PSB fit with “Pyramid Level Headliner” or whatever it was Emily said though?

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I think someone might come along and post the psb sales history ... think the answer is yes :) 

No need to quote sales history - I practically wore out my Please / Actually / Introspective cassettes back in the 80’s so am a big fan and would be all over it if they appeared 😄

Just kind off surprised they would be considered big enough to headline the Pyramid, but then again no different to The Cure in that respect I suppose ....

Just now, circus92 said:

No need to quote sales history - I practically wore out my Please / Actually / Introspective cassettes back in the 80’s so am a big fan and would be all over it if they appeared 😄

Just kind off surprised they would be considered big enough to headline the Pyramid, but then again no different to The Cure in that respect I suppose ....

They headlined that gig in Hyde park recently too ... so still relevant and big enough I’d say ... don’t forget it’s eavis language so take it with a bit of ticket sales in mind 

50 minutes ago, circus92 said:

That would be too good!

Would PSB fit with “Pyramid Level Headliner” or whatever it was Emily said though?

As a few have said, I don't think we should take her comments too strong. It wouldn't surprise me if she maybe only meant one of them with the other 2 still being strong. 

14 hours ago, chazwwe said:

As a few have said, I don't think we should take her comments too strong. It wouldn't surprise me if she maybe only meant one of them with the other 2 still being strong. 

Yeah or it will be three that are strong Other headliners and could headline the Pyramid *at a push* but would be small for that slot. PSB fit that perfectly.

48 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Can't remember where the info came from or if it's legit, but they're apparently headlining the Park one night.

I can't remember if someone actually explicitly said it. Someone thought it was me, but it wasn't. I don't have the time, or frankly the effort to find the original post 

3 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I can't remember if someone actually explicitly said it. Someone thought it was me, but it wasn't. I don't have the time, or frankly the effort to find the original post 

Fuck. I was about to suggest, again, that it was maybe you that had the info 😂

5 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Would Bicep do ICON? They’ve DJed at Genoysys before. 

I think we might see one or two more well-known acts on IICON this year. As visually impressive as it was, I can't help feel the place was underappreciated, probably because the acts were a little more underground. I'm not knocking that policy, I enjoyed it there. I forgot what dancing, having space around me feels like sometimes.

Bicep may just fit the bill and that area would be rammed.

45 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Would Bicep do ICON? They’ve DJed at Genoysys before. 

I think the only issue with this is that Bicep have their own 'live' show that they tour and i think they'll have that on the headline staged rather than Bicep (dj) 

I agree we need more bigger artists on there though make it similiar time to a bigger artist on Arcadia and you can separate the crowds nicely. 

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I think we might see one or two more well-known acts on IICON this year. As visually impressive as it was, I can't help feel the place was underappreciated, probably because the acts were a little more underground. I'm not knocking that policy, I enjoyed it there. I forgot what dancing, having space around me feels like sometimes.

Bicep may just fit the bill and that area would be rammed.

Exactly and everyone was into it also. Was a great crowd down there whenever I went. I really enjoyed it. Dunno what a compromise looks like at the moment but I’d be gutted if I enjoyed it less to get bodies in a field. I have total faith in Bloc9 team though.

1 hour ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Whilst i think they could as the field is plenty big enough, I think they'll be fairly keen to have them on the main stages 

Nothing dragging me away from Kendrick or Macca. Would be bang into an electronic headliner for the final day. I watched The Cure last time and it zapped me of any energy I might have had. Put me on a massive downer.

1 hour ago, chazwwe said:

I think the only issue with this is that Bicep have their own 'live' show that they tour and i think they'll have that on the headline staged rather than Bicep (dj) 

I agree we need more bigger artists on there though make it similiar time to a bigger artist on Arcadia and you can separate the crowds nicely. 

I meant Bicep playing live there. They had on live acts there last year.