Other Stage 2020

Matt42

1 hour ago, s30foster said:

I'm pretty sure that was the same for me. Wow...20 years since we last saw Chemicals Brothers. 

nah, i've seen them loads since then, just not at Glasto.

Unless a band is on my personal 'must see' list, I tend to use Glasto as somewhere to see stuff I won't see elsewhere - and the Chems are always available to see at other places.

1 minute ago, Little Andy said:

What are the predicted Other Stage headliner possibles? Is it out of …

Dua Lipa

Foals

Noel Gallagher

Pet Shop Boys

Add Calvin Harris to that list and they are the most rumoured 6, but I have a hunch there will be a surprise headliner that not many have mentioned.

44 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

What are the predicted Other Stage headliner possibles? Is it out of …

Dua Lipa

Foals

Noel Gallagher

Pet Shop Boys

I'm hoping for Pet Shop Boys,  Massive Attack and 1975.

3 hours ago, AlexOvd said:

What about Flume for Other? Any chances?

He is in the US at the electric forest festival so unless he plans on a long flight he is out.  

@dentalplan I wouldn't say he is too small for the Other. He has second billing on the Saturday at Coachella. Having said that he is much bigger in the US. Sort of like Tame Impala headlining Coachella, then being relegated to Other over here. 

2 hours ago, Doug85 said:

Don't think Calvin Harris has played before, at least on a big enough stage to notice. However I'm pretty sure I saw him stumbling on a fence off his box in 2017 before Biffy Clyro. 

He headlined one of the old Dance East or West tents back in (I think) 2009.  Obviously much has changed since then.

10 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

He headlined one of the old Dance East or West tents back in (I think) 2009.  Obviously much has changed since then.

Including his fees which I thought would be too big.  But then, I suppose he'd get some TV coverage to keep him in the mainstream.

11 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Objectively it's strong enough to be compared to mainstage headliners of a lot of UK major festivals though

Aw yeah certainly, just shit for me and my group I suppose. 

Still think Pet Shop Boys are more likely that Calvin, which would be excellent.

1 minute ago, theesundayroast said:

Believe they are around Playing in Dublin on the 26th June. Makes me think they'll stop off at the farm for sure. Would other stage headliner be around the right level for them?

Yeah, and with Eavis saying how big the headliners for Other are, they'd be a good fit. Normally I'd have them as subs but I'm saying Other headliners.

21 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Are Twenty One Pilots a possible, given their whereabouts around the time?

I thought they fitted Emily's description perfectly and was expecting them to headline opposite Paul McCartney but they're headlining OpenAir St. Gallen on the Saturday. Still possible for Friday or Sunday (though that would be a strange route) of course but I'm not expecting them now.