Other Stage 2020

Matt42

4 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

I thought it was more that he was likely to play on the Saturday  for some reason, and having him and Macca clash didn't make a lot of sense.

On Aerosmith, is that dead in the water?

No. The Aerosmith information is solid as it was the band themselves who have publicised the date. Although there's some seemingly reliable info Noel is playing, when is just speculation.

1 hour ago, The Martini Police said:

At some point recently, the consensus changed to he's subbing Macca. Not sure why though - can anyone tell us if there was solid info?

I don't think there's any solid info, but the info that had him on Other Sunday was hardly solid either. 

So I decided he was probably better done as unknown for the mo.

59 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

On the other hand, if it's Aerosmith -> Noel -> Macca, you've got a nice break to get some food, booze and have a piss before Macca starts

No hope of a good spot for Macca if you don't watch Noel, though. I like Noel but saw him last year and would rather go somewhere else, but being in the pit for Macca is essential.

24 minutes ago, FestivalMCR44 said:

In my opinion, the other stage will be Foals, Biffy and 1975. I'm pretty much sure this will be it. I think that would be a brilliant lineup for the other stage.

I'd take this. No one I'm too bothered with clashing with McCartney and I'd happily take The 1975 over Taylor Swift. All I need now is Thom Yorke playing on the Friday, with Jonny Greenwood coming on for a few songs and I'll be set!

Might be more likely for Foals to play Sunday and The 1975 to play Friday. Then I'd just have to hope Thom Yorke is playing the Sunday.

19 hours ago, Miyn said:

I'd take this. No one I'm too bothered with clashing with McCartney and I'd happily take The 1975 over Taylor Swift. All I need now is Thom Yorke playing on the Friday, with Jonny Greenwood coming on for a few songs and I'll be set!

Might be more likely for Foals to play Sunday and The 1975 to play Friday. Then I'd just have to hope Thom Yorke is playing the Sunday.

Thom Yorke will headline west holts mate. Radiohead are my favourite band, but don't think id see him with Tomorrows modern boxes.

20 hours ago, FestivalMCR44 said:

In my opinion, the other stage will be Foals, Biffy and 1975. I'm pretty much sure this will be it. I think that would be a brilliant lineup for the other stage.

I’d be happy with this apart from The 1975 and Taylor clashing. Nightmare clash for me, that. Swap them to Friday or Saturday and I’ll STICK.

11 minutes ago, FestivalMCR44 said:

Thom Yorke will headline west holts mate. Radiohead are my favourite band, but don't think id see him with Tomorrows modern boxes.

There must be a decent chunk of crowd wandering away from his festival sets 10 minutes in who were expecting to hear stripped back Radiohead songs

2 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

There must be a decent chunk of crowd wandering away from his festival sets 10 minutes in who were expecting to hear stripped back Radiohead songs

That's correct. He probably won't play any Radiohead songs, unless he brings out Greenwood/full band for maybe two tracks. Can't see it happening. His new album Anima, is good tbh. 

21 hours ago, FestivalMCR44 said:

I'd love this, but somehow I have the feeling that max one of that ones will make it...

Can't see them not having a big dance/electronic act tbh.

I'd go 1975 as a secret set and Biffy just not on the bill.

I'm putting my chips on:

Pet Shop Boys

Calvin

Foals

Really not convinced it'll be 3 all-male guitar bands.

2019 had Chemical Brothers, and Christine & the Queen's

2017 had Major Lazer and Boy Better Know.

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

I'm putting my chips on:

Pet Shop Boys

Calvin

Foals

Weirdly I was just about to say the same thing. That makes sense to me.

20 minutes ago, jparx said:

I'm putting my chips on:

Pet Shop Boys

Calvin

Foals

Yeah snap, this seems much more likely. Although Calvin Harris is an absolute bore - has he played prominently at Glastonbury before?

Pet Shops Boys v Kendrick would be a pretty devastating clash for me though. Would hate to miss them but probably would to see a Pyramid Headliner.

Edited by MaxPower

32 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Really not convinced it'll be 3 all-male guitar bands.

2019 had Chemical Brothers, and Christine & the Queen's

2017 had Major Lazer and Boy Better Know.

That's because on those nights you had male guitar acts headlining the Pyramid. This year you've got one, and he's a Beatle so not exactly The Killers, The Cure sort of indie rock act. Can't see there not being at least 1 indie/rock act on the Pyramind or Other at headline time. Think last time that happened was 2015 with Deadmau5 and Kanye. Suede in the John Peel was rammed, bloody good set as well.

3 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

That's because on those nights you had male guitar acts headlining the Pyramid. This year you've got one, and he's a Beatle so not exactly The Killers, The Cure sort of indie rock act. Can't see there not being at least 1 indie/rock act on the Pyramind or Other at headline time. Think last time that happened was 2015 with Deadmau5 and Kanye. Suede in the John Peel was rammed, bloody good set as well.

Think Macca almost certainly falls into that category to be honest (in this context). 

Just depends if they want someone samey enough to Macca, to reduce Pyramid crowd size I suppose.

Could see Friday and Sunday being guitar bands though.

Edited by MaxPower

52 minutes ago, jparx said:

I'm putting my chips on:

Pet Shop Boys

Calvin

Foals

13 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

There will be some kind of dance/electronic headliner on Other - there has been for at least the last 12 festivals.

2019 Chems
2017 Major Lazer
2016 Disclosure / LCD
2015 Rudimental / Deadmau5 / Chems
2014 Skrillex / Massive Attack
2013 Portishead / Chase & Status
2011 Chems
2010 PSB / Orbital
2009 Prodigy
2008 Massive Attack / Groove Armada
2007 Chems
2005 Fatboy Slim

Only while looking at that I've realised that Chemical Brothers are basically the Coldplay of Other Stage.  No one really classes them as a house band though do they?

Just now, stuie said:

Only while looking at that I've realised that Chemical Brothers are basically the Coldplay of Other Stage.  No one really classes them as a house band though do they?

Pretty sure everybody classes them as a house band and expects them to pop up every fourth year. 

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Pretty sure everybody classes them as a house band and expects them to pop up every fourth year. 

OK, fair enough - I knew they'd played a few times since I started going but never heard that said about them.

18 minutes ago, stuie said:

OK, fair enough - I knew they'd played a few times since I started going but never heard that said about them.

It helps that their manager is one of the people who organises the festival and is heavily involved in booking the major stages.

It'd be more of a shock if they went a long time without playing.

2 hours ago, stuie said:

There will be some kind of dance/electronic headliner on Other - there has been for at least the last 12 festivals.

2019 Chems
2017 Major Lazer
2016 Disclosure / LCD
2015 Rudimental / Deadmau5 / Chems
2014 Skrillex / Massive Attack
2013 Portishead / Chase & Status
2011 Chems
2010 PSB / Orbital
2009 Prodigy
2008 Massive Attack / Groove Armada
2007 Chems
2005 Fatboy Slim

Jesus I didn’t realise how often Chems had played. The Coldplay of the Other Stage!

EDIT: Didn’t read all your comment before posting. May as well have copied and pasted the Coldplay comment ffs.

Edited by DareToDibble