Other Stage 2020

Matt42

9 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

While I completely agree, I think a band saying they headlined the 2nd biggest stage at the biggest UK festivals 50th aniversary is still really cool.

I never get the 'they headlined the other so they can't do the pyramid' But there's proof to this that it doesn't happen a lot.

I'm just bored of the 'well killers did a secret set and then headlined' and then we had months of discussion around Foals doing a secret set and headlining and now it looks like the same will happen with the 1975. Just because it happened once, doesn't mean it should or will happen every year. 

Coming from a different direction. The 1975 could well still be touring in 2021 and have a good shot at headlining then considering there doesn’t seem to be (that) much competition. 

I honestly think the fact it’s the 50th anniversary fucked their chances. There is way too much competition this year for them to get the headlining slot they deserve. Right band with the wrong plan (or whatever).

Just now, Matt42 said:

Coming from a different direction. The 1975 could well still be touring in 2021 and have a good shot at headlining then considering there doesn’t seem to be (that) much competition. 

I honestly think the fact it’s the 50th anniversary fucked their chances. There is way too much competition this year for them to get the headlining slot they deserve. Right band with the wrong plan (or whatever).

I've predicted for them to headline in 21' if they don't play the Other this year, so I do agree. I just don't see them not playing this year, as well as Emilys comment about 'pyramid sized other headliners' With everyone we're talking about in the run up to it, Pet Shop Boys, Dua, NGHFB, Calvin Harris now. The only one I see being in that level is 1975. 

On 1/6/2020 at 12:23 AM, Jack The Stripper said:

I genuinely don’t see how Dua Lipa is big enough to headline other.

I'm genuinely baffled, sells more tickets than most Other stage headliners and even subs that have been bigger. I doubt there is many bar Liam that have subbed and sold more.

On 1/6/2020 at 1:22 AM, Tommy Dickfingers said:

That’s a pretty shit clash I think. Fair enough genres aren’t that similar but I’d be gutted about it.

West End Girls kind of has rapping at the start haha.

Both shite in my views

On 1/5/2020 at 3:26 AM, rascalpete said:

Going to stick with what I said a couple days ago, the fact Calvin Harris isn’t headlining Coachella, I think he could be a serious possibility, fits in with what Emily said about pyramid sized and as other have said here, would split against macca.

Probably wont matter because Calvin will likely close out the night at Coachella after RATM. So he still gets to play last regardless of his billing. Nothing new with that anyway. Its not as if this hasnt happened before. Beck was a headliner in 99 and when he came back in 2014 he was a sub. 

1 hour ago, Little Andy said:

Has info changed on Other Headliners lately? Why is Noel no longer listed as for Sunday on eFestivals? Whats the current thinking on the 3?

At some point recently, the consensus changed to he's subbing Macca. Not sure why though - can anyone tell us if there was solid info?

3 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

At some point recently, the consensus changed to he's subbing Macca. Not sure why though - can anyone tell us if there was solid info?

Someone who had info (I think from one of Noel’s band) that Noel definitely wasn’t playing last year has heard that he’s subbing on the Saturday, so it seems pretty likely.

7 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Thought the ‘Noel’s subbing’ crew had just gotten louder lately - didn’t realise there was anything to it. 

Well, the Oasis tunes will be fun much like they were with Liam last year, although the Aerosmith in to McCartney dream is sorely missed.

Edited by FloorFiller

26 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Thought the ‘Noel’s subbing’ crew had just gotten louder lately - didn’t realise there was anything to it. 

Well, the Oasis tunes will be fun much like they were with Liam last year, although the Aerosmith in to McCartney dream is sorely missed.

I thought it was more that he was likely to play on the Saturday  for some reason, and having him and Macca clash didn't make a lot of sense.

On Aerosmith, is that dead in the water?