Other Stage 2020

Matt42

1 minute ago, chazwwe said:

In terms of people like Eric Prydz, he's one of a few DJs that I think Glastonbury need to look into for their late night areas. I think they're really missing big named headliners for places like IICON. 

Usually awakenings is the same weekend and sweeps up a lot of the big hitter djs. Think it’s the same this year.

Everything the band has said seems like they are waiting to be asked. Why would they accept a non-headline slot when they could easily headline the year after and become a bigger band, surely in negotiations, Emily would have said you can do the pyramid in the next few years. What do we have that says its them?

Calvin would be good vs Macca as its not Rage. 

1 minute ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Everything the band has said seems like they are waiting to be asked. Why would they accept a non-headline slot when they could easily headline the year after and become a bigger band, surely in negotiations, Emily would have said you can do the pyramid in the next few years. What do we have that says its them?

Calvin would be good vs Macca as its not Rage. 

Matty Healy said in an interview "i'll be at Glastonbury, whether we headline it or not who knows?" and Jamie Oborne has been pretty vocal about Glastonbury this year, liking a few insta pics, replying to a few people asking about Glastonbury but every tweet has expressed a wish to play rather than hinting they are, if they're there i reckon it'll be a secret set then they'll go on to headline the year after

Just now, OnlyRevolutions said:

Matty Healy said in an interview "i'll be at Glastonbury, whether we headline it or not who knows?" and Jamie Oborne has been pretty vocal about Glastonbury this year, liking a few insta pics, replying to a few people asking about Glastonbury but every tweet has expressed a wish to play rather than hinting they are, if they're there i reckon it'll be a secret set then they'll go on to headline the year after

Thats what I was thinking it would be bazaar for them to headline other stage this year.

2 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Thats what I was thinking it would be bazaar for them to headline other stage this year.

would love for it to happen but can't see it anymore, other stage headline even on the 50th anniversary is a step down from headlining R&L..  if The Killers can safely pull off a secret set then i'm sure The 1975 will have no problem

18 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Why wouldn't they be opposite Kendrick?

In terms of people like Eric Prydz, he's one of a few DJs that I think Glastonbury need to look into for their late night areas. I think they're really missing big named headliners for places like IICON. 

The late night areas are rammed as it is. Could they cope?

Just now, strummer77 said:

The late night areas are rammed as it is. Could they cope?

I think with the size of the field of IICON, if you proper used it and filled it out, it would take a lot of crowd away from the other areas. 

The busy areas are people movement mostly, there's a lot of venues that just seem very empty. Also just because there's a bigger act on at 3am doesn't mean loads more people are suddenly going to be staying up that late than there normally would. 

36 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

It’s absolutely not this. Dua is just not headlining the other stage. The sun (or was it the mail) said she was doing a pyramid slot.

I think the 1975 might just not be playing now. Seems like there are in a similar situation to foals where there isn’t really a slot for them anymore.

No point discussing or having an opinion about it then!.  If you can just let me know the lineup when you’re free. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, sisco said:

So The 1975 would have to be opposite Taylor Swift if true.  No way in the world they’d be opposite Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick vs Dua Lipa

Calvin Harris vs Macca

The 1975 vs Taylor Swift

I'd disagree with that too, many signs point towards a 1975 secret set. Pet Shop Boys against Kendrick I can see.

33 minutes ago, sisco said:

No point discussing or having an opinion about it then!.  If you can just let me know the lineup when you’re free. 

To be honest though dude I'd say she's about as nailed on to be on the Pyramid as Liam was to headline Reading.

7 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I'd disagree with that too, many signs point towards a 1975 secret set. Pet Shop Boys against Kendrick I can see.

To be honest though dude I'd say she's about as nailed on to be on the Pyramid as Liam was to headline Reading.

Oh I Don’t necessarily doubt she’ll be on the pyramid and the Scum are usually accurate for Glasto stuff but I can see them wanting some female headers this year and for me she’s One of the ones that fits most atm.

28 minutes ago, sisco said:

Oh I Don’t necessarily doubt she’ll be on the pyramid and the Scum are usually accurate for Glasto stuff but I can see them wanting some female headers this year and for me she’s One of the ones that fits most atm.

I genuinely don’t see how Dua Lipa is big enough to headline other.

6 minutes ago, Jack The Stripper said:

I genuinely don’t see how Dua Lipa is big enough to headline other.

She's the 14th most streamed artist in the world. 5 top 10 singles in the UK with 2 of them being #1. Platinum selling debut album and her 2nd album should be out just before Glastonbury. We've had this discussion a few times. 

Edited by chazwwe
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

She's the 14th most streamed artist in the world. 5 top 10 singles in the UK with 2 of them being #1. Platinum selling debut album and her 2nd album should be out just before Glastonbury. We've had this discussion a few times. 

Is big enough to play lots of the main positions, She is possibly more suited to pyramid but..... my opinion is that they’ll want more female headers this year so may get the Other header slot.

She’ll no doubt play somewhere else as I’m rubbish at predictions 

1 hour ago, chazwwe said:

So now 1975 have gone from '100% headlining the other stage' to 'too many signs are pointing to a secret set' within an hour or so. 

Never change efests. 

There was a part of me that thought it was cool because it would mean that headline sized bands would be doing the fest a favour and stepping down a slot to play the 50th. However, it seems that on further reflection it would be a pretty silly move for a band genuinely trying to establish themselves as U.K. festival headliners.

A secret set would probably work better career wise.

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

There was a part of me that thought it was cool because it would mean that headline sized bands would be doing the fest a favour and stepping down a slot to play the 50th. However, it seems that on further reflection it would be a pretty silly move for a band genuinely trying to establish themselves as U.K. festival headliners.

A secret set would probably work better career wise.

While I completely agree, I think a band saying they headlined the 2nd biggest stage at the biggest UK festivals 50th aniversary is still really cool.

I never get the 'they headlined the other so they can't do the pyramid' But there's proof to this that it doesn't happen a lot.

I'm just bored of the 'well killers did a secret set and then headlined' and then we had months of discussion around Foals doing a secret set and headlining and now it looks like the same will happen with the 1975. Just because it happened once, doesn't mean it should or will happen every year. 

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

That’s a pretty shit clash I think. Fair enough genres aren’t that similar but I’d be gutted about it.

West End Girls kind of has rapping at the start haha.