Other Stage 2020

Matt42

39 minutes ago, stanh said:

What do you think the chances of either trio (give or take) are?

Calvin Harris / Dua Lipa / The 1975

or

NGFHB / Lana Del Rey / Foals

I think NGHFB are subbing, and I'm sure someone on here has information ruling Lana Del Ray out (although I might have confused last year!). 

14 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Eric Prydz would smash an other headline set.

Seen him in Finsbury Park last year and it was unbelievable, instantly became a must see person for me going forward. Best production I’ve ever seen for any show ever. He’s much more suited to a tent though and he’s too big for JP. 

20 minutes ago, gordong said:

Seen him in Finsbury Park last year and it was unbelievable, instantly became a must see person for me going forward. Best production I’ve ever seen for any show ever. He’s much more suited to a tent though and he’s too big for JP. 

I saw his first EPIC show at Global Gathering, they used the back of the tent just for hist set up & set.

Would his new EPIC stuff work on a mainstage? & obviously it would have to be in the evening.

24 minutes ago, Bisque said:

I saw his first EPIC show at Global Gathering, they used the back of the tent just for hist set up & set.

Would his new EPIC stuff work on a mainstage? & obviously it would have to be in the evening.

So he’s doing this new show called HOLO which I reckon needs complete darkness for the hologram effect to work (think it works via a thin mesh made of LEDS at the front of the stage). If I’m being completely honest, I don’t really see it working on an outdoor stage - but could be wrong. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, gordong said:

So he’s doing this new show called HOLO which I reckon needs complete darkness for the hologram effect to work (think it works via a thin mesh made of LEDS at the front of the stage). If I’m being completely honest, I don’t really see it working on an outdoor stage - but could be wrong. 

That looks amazing.

I remember a DJ playing years ago behind a sheet of material that had visuals on it (someone may remember his name).

Tech has certainly come along a long way.

9 hours ago, gordong said:

The new Holo visuals are even better. From NYE 2019:

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

How certain are we of Pet Shop? Nit seen them for around 8/9 years and it would make my festival! Deffo thinking Friday? Against McCartney or Swift it would be a killer 😥

SR ... so fairly certain .... they refused to deny it in an interview ...... its on the psb thread if you want to listen to it 

20 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

A guy on FB had a connection, I wouldn't say it's gospel but it fits the criteria for the slot. I think it's got much more chance of happening that Dua Lupa

So The 1975 would have to be opposite Taylor Swift if true.  No way in the world they’d be opposite Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick vs Dua Lipa

Calvin Harris vs Macca

The 1975 vs Taylor Swift

Edited by sisco

17 minutes ago, sisco said:

So The 1975 would have to be opposite Taylor Swift if true.  No way in the world they’d be opposite Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick vs Dua Lipa

Calvin Harris vs Macca

The 1975 vs Taylor Swift

It’s absolutely not this. Dua is just not headlining the other stage. The sun (or was it the mail) said she was doing a pyramid slot.

I think the 1975 might just not be playing now. Seems like there are in a similar situation to foals where there isn’t really a slot for them anymore.

17 minutes ago, sisco said:

Kendrick vs Dua Lipa

Calvin Harris vs Macca

The 1975 vs Taylor Swift

Why wouldn't they be opposite Kendrick?

In terms of people like Eric Prydz, he's one of a few DJs that I think Glastonbury need to look into for their late night areas. I think they're really missing big named headliners for places like IICON.