Other Stage 2020

Matt42

10 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

They were booked for Primavera and apparently APE next year but cancelled their tour sadly. They’d make a great Other stage headliner for 2021 though.

Right, but its interesting how it seemed that they werent ready, but a couple months later there is a sign theyll be back out performing. Maybe theyre going to finish their movie score sooner than thought and are going to have more availability.  

and yeah, 2021 with depeche mode would be a thing of dreams. 

9 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

I can definitely see Aerosmith “not that high up” being 3rd down Pyramid. Keep in mind them subbing seemed a huge booking. Might be like Janet Jackson - top of the bill but 3rd on the Pyramid.

Yeah I think they could play third down just as much as subbing. We originally thought they were playing third down Friday so I guess we can’t say it’s sub or nothing.

14 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Right, but its interesting how it seemed that they werent ready, but a couple months later there is a sign theyll be back out performing. Maybe theyre going to finish their movie score sooner than thought and are going to have more availability.  

The reason they pulled the tour was because Mariqueen and Trent are expecting again. Nothing to do with other projects. Doubt those circumstances have changed.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like The xx will be back with new music soon, I’m sure someone posted in the Primavera thread recently that they’re releasing something this month. I could definitely see them coming back as an Other stage headliner this year.

Emily mentioned them as a potential Pyramid headliner in 2017 so I guess they could fit the bigger than usual Other headliner thing too, they’re probably a bigger deal now than they were when they did it in 2013 anyway.

38 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Looks like The xx will be back with new music soon, I’m sure someone posted in the Primavera thread recently that they’re releasing something this month. I could definitely see them coming back as an Other stage headliner this year.

Emily mentioned them as a potential Pyramid headliner in 2017 so I guess they could fit the bigger than usual Other headliner thing too, they’re probably a bigger deal now than they were when they did it in 2013 anyway.

I spoke to Jamie xx a few weeks ago about glasto and he said that he hasn’t been asked, but if he does get asked he will say yes.

Maybe he was being coy and talking about the solo act thing and not talking in terms of ‘the xx’.

However our chat was very casual and I feel if the xx were lined up to do it he probably would have just told me.

15 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Whilst I'd love this to happen, it reads to me like they're releasing their own stuff/collabs with others.

"We’ve all been working on new music, can’t wait to share it with you!"

Why say 'all' if it's just 'we'? Implies separate to me. However, I haven't seen the Primavera thread info - does it sound reliable?

27 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Whilst I'd love this to happen, it reads to me like they're releasing their own stuff/collabs with others.

"We’ve all been working on new music, can’t wait to share it with you!"

Why say 'all' if it's just 'we'? Implies separate to me. However, I haven't seen the Primavera thread info - does it sound reliable?

Yeah that’s a fair point, hard to say if it’s reliable but it was posted about a week ago and seems a strange thing to make up when there was no sign of them releasing anything soon. 

48 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I reckon 

Pet Shop Boys (fri)

The 1975 (sat)

Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds (sun)

If Pet Shop are actually on WH then replace them with Foals.

Dua Lipa on Friday for me and agree with you Sat/Sun ones.  

And I’ll also agree that Dua suits Pyramid sub/3rd down much better but I reckon they’ll want a female headliner on the Other. 

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

I reckon 

Pet Shop Boys (fri)

The 1975 (sat)

Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds (sun)

If Pet Shop are actually on WH then replace them with Foals.

I’m still having a hard time believing The 1975 would accept headlining Other but I suppose there are now two bits of info suggesting them, albeit I don’t really believe the other things that came with them (Dua Lipa headlining Other and Billie Eilish playing). Foals are busy on Friday so I still think it’s Sunday or nothing for them as they’d be a very strange clash with Macca imo.

12 minutes ago, rascalpete said:

Hey guys, just saw the Coachella lineup. Calvin Harris isn’t headlining there, is it possible he could have swiped an other slot at Glasto? (I know Coachella is all about the money and he is expensive etc but imo he would fit an other headline slot)

I’d be shocked if he took the gig for the relatively paltry sum he’d get for it.

3 hours ago, rascalpete said:

Hey guys, just saw the Coachella lineup. Calvin Harris isn’t headlining there, is it possible he could have swiped an other slot at Glasto? (I know Coachella is all about the money and he is expensive etc but imo he would fit an other headline slot)

Americans are well into all the bells, whistles and big wooshes of smoke that go with that kind of chronic EDM 

• Upvote 2