Other Stage 2020

Matt42

2010 - Orbital

2011 - Chemical Brothers, Queens of the Stone Age

2016 New Order, LCD Soundsytem

2019 Christine and the Queens

So only 6 in 8 years but they've been pretty good ones, with the exception of New Order who where a bit meh. Other than that genuine highlights of the festival each time.

2 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

Any mention of that QotSA 2011 set makes me grin. One of the best sets of theirs/festival set from any band I've seen.

While I have absolutely no doubt they smashed it out of the park, I can't help but feel your pure, unadulterated man-crush on old Hommey potentially makes you not the best judge ?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

While I have absolutely no doubt they smashed it out of the park, I can't help but feel your pure, unadulterated man-crush on old Hommey potentially makes you not the best judge ?

That's fair, but one of the best times I've seen them too. Possibly because they let the fans choose the hits. 

I've seen a load of acts on Other but not many of them have been headliners.

2014 - Skrillex. This was my first year and I watched half the set unaware there were so many other things to be doing.

2015 - Rudimental. Chemical Brothers

2016 - 

2017 - 

2019 - 

It's been a while since I've seen a headliner there!

Edited by DareToDibble

7 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

Any mention of that QotSA 2011 set makes me grin. One of the best sets of theirs/festival set from any band I've seen.

Missed them as all the girls in our group were giddy for Beyoncé. My mate brought a camp chair & just sat on the hill in a sulk. I was torn but.... Beyoncé!!!

He did cheer up eventually & we saw them subbing at Reading the year before.

(They were excellent at Mad Cool last year too.)

12 minutes ago, Bisque said:

Just met a guy who manages a band...

The 1975 are Other stage headliners.

Billie Eilish is playing Pyramid.

Aerosmith aren’t playing that high.

Harry Styles is playing.

Don’t shoot the messenger.

Let the guy you met know that Harry Styles is in America on the 24th, 25th, 28th and 29th. 

Unless he's flying over from America on the 26th, playing on the 27th and then playing in America on the 28th I'm gonna have to say no to this. 

19 minutes ago, Bisque said:

Just met a guy who manages a band...

The 1975 are Other stage headliners.

Billie Eilish is playing Pyramid.

Aerosmith aren’t playing that high.

Harry Styles is playing.

Don’t shoot the messenger.

I'd love Harry to be true, but it really seems there's no chance.. Would love to see Billie back on the Pyramid

ok the Harry Styles stuff might not be true after all, he was saying he has heard his new album in full & it is brilliant, I miss heard. He’s had some coke.

Apologies.

Also apparently a new festival in Manchester called Dirty Hit Festival. So people on 1975’s label or something like Wolf Alice, Doobeedoobee(?) will be there.

edit: confirmed Harry Styles is not playing. I’m also drinking with Aphex Twin’s chef!

A band called The Japanese House & Beabadadoobe may well be there.

Edited by Bisque