Other Stage 2020

Matt42

2 hours ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Yep still my best ljne up for a single day. From memory it was Madness then The national then Strokes then Pulp!!!

We went & got a cider, saw the end of Rival Sons outside the tent then went in forThe Midnight Beast as my mates wanted to pull some girls.

On 12/16/2019 at 7:06 PM, MaxPower said:

Insane lineup, TITP's buying power was nuts. Arctic Monkeys, Coldplay, Beyonce, Slash, Kesha, Foo Fighters, MCR(at the time), Swedish House Mafia, The Stokes etc etc etc, nuts

Edit: this is actually a crazy lineup,  Pendulum, Jimmy Eat World, Bruno Mars (lol at where he's billed) Dead Mau5, Calvin Harris (tho doesn't count cuz he's Scottish), Tame Impala who are barely a footnote, Brandon Flowers, Primal Scream, what the actual fuck.

@Bisque this lineup is mental.  Great quality.  Not sure how it passed me by, I think my wedding was just a few weeks later so I was possibly recovering from my stag do.  How did it all go so wrong for T in the Park?  

15 minutes ago, Johndenis said:

@Bisque this lineup is mental.  Great quality.  Not sure how it passed me by, I think my wedding was just a few weeks later so I was possibly recovering from my stag do.  How did it all go so wrong for T in the Park?  

There were plenty of people “moaning” on this forum about how much of a coup that line up was & correlating slots of some of the acts at Glasto & R&L they were sharing the same year.

I didn’t think it bothered me at the time, I was surprised it was so good, but I would never have gone to TitP after hearing all the stories of scallies from other forum members on here.

They’ve booked some decent acts in the past, I include Mumford in Sons in that (you could hear Kraftwerk banging in a nearby tent on TV during their quieter songs). The layout of the site looked horrible, drugs, spunking too much money & that gas pipe might have been an issue. Someone else will know more.

• Like 1

Sorry, I couldn't find a way to search through the forum so apologies if this has been discussed before! Do we think Billie Eilish could headline the other stage this year? A quick look at her dates it seems she has a bit of a break between South America and Europe around glastonbury

1 minute ago, Meerkat said:

Sorry, I couldn't find a way to search through the forum so apologies if this has been discussed before! Do we think Billie Eilish could headline the other stage this year? A quick look at her dates it seems she has a bit of a break between South America and Europe around glastonbury

The next time she plays she’ll be on the pyramid.  Wouldn’t expect that to be for a number of years

3 hours ago, Madyaker said:

1975, Dua Lipa and Noel G seems likely although they're all hopelessly boring.

Yeh, I would be massively unimpressed if it were these three. 

I was gonna claim the (personal) worst for a long time but actually 2017 had little to offer me either so I guess I don't spend as much time there at headliner time as I thought I did. 

3 hours ago, Meerkat said:

Why repeat her and make those 4 nights at the O2 seem like they dont exist at all.  Its not as if she was the first act on other this year and then suddenly became massive to make that big of a jump. Reading changed her stage placement because they knew the tent wouldve been rammed if they left her in her original spot.  And yeah, pyramid whenever there ends up being a new album most likely.

34 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

2009 - The Prodigy

2010 - None

2011 - Chems & QOTSA

2014 - None

2015 - Chems

2016 - None

2017 - None

2019 - Chems

I have only seen 5 other stage headliners in 8 festivals.. 3 of which are the same act.

1/6 for me - Tame Impala. It'll have to be someone pretty special to not be 1/9 this time next year. Kendrick (if) and Paul McCartney are pretty much unmissable, and would prefer a night on a small stage for the Sunday. 

My body is ready for Nine Inch Nails in 2021.

To come out and explicitly say Pyramid size headliners and then book Dua Lipa is a bold move, even Noel at a stretch.

1975 fit that bill but just don’t see why they’d accept that slot at this stage, unless it was on a “step up if X headliner doesn’t come off”. Maybe they might just want to play so are happy to in any capacity, but they’ve made it clear they want to headline the Pyramid, and would assume headlining the Other this year may prolong that. 

I was reading this interview with Emily from 2017 where she said “I feel like Biffy Clyro, Katy Perry, The National, The xx, Major Lazer – they’re all bands that could headline really”. I can’t help but think people will be disappointed with this years Other stage headliners if they’re of a similar calibre to that but three of those acts would still be a pretty strong trio. Gives me more hope that they’ve actually booked The National too.

22 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I was reading this interview with Emily from 2017 where she said “I feel like Biffy Clyro, Katy Perry, The National, The xx, Major Lazer – they’re all bands that could headline really”. I can’t help but think people will be disappointed with this years Other stage headliners if they’re of a similar calibre to that but three of those acts would still be a pretty strong trio. Gives me more hope that they’ve actually booked The National too.

Honestly a combo of 2 of those with The 1975, is very strong. There will always be complaints. 

2009 - The Prodigy

2010 - Orbital 

2011 - The Chemical Brothers, QOTSA

2013 - Portishead 

2014 - Massive Attack 

2015 - The Chemical Brothers 

2016 - LCD Soundsystem 

2017 - None

2019 - The Chemical Brothers 

So I normally see about one act headline the Other Stage, and that's generally a dance act. 

If it is The 1975, Dua Lipa and Noel this year then I won't see any. Although Dua would be great fun! 

2007 - Iggy & Chems

2008 - None

2009 - Prodigy

2010 - None

2011 - QOTSA

2013 - None

2014 - None

2015 - Chems

2016 - LCD Soundsystem

2017 - A tiny bit of BBK on a wander

2019 - Chems

Surprised in a way it’s that few, although would say Iggy, QOTSA and LCD are three of the best gigs I’ve seen at the fest. The Chems also were obviously great. 

Quality over quantity there. 

5 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

2009 - The Prodigy

2010 - None

2011 - Chems & QOTSA

2014 - None

2015 - Chems

2016 - None

2017 - None

2019 - Chems

I have only seen 5 other stage headliners in 8 festivals.. 3 of which are the same act.

As it turns out I've only seen one in four years...Massive Attack in 2014. For reasons that continue to escape me I didn't make it to Chem's last year and I didn't get a ticket in 2015. That's even fewer than Pyramid headliners (2.25 at best)

Does this mean this thread is effectively dead to me? Because I still really feel like I care. I guess a lot of my favourite bands that have played at Glastonbury played that stage ...I just wasn't around to see it