Other Stage 2020

Matt42

39 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Where does the Dua Lipa, Noel and 1975 as other headliners leave Pet Shop Boys?

Could they be the West Holts headliner that could bang it out on the Pyramid?

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

do you mean the other stage headliner ? otherwise im confused ? :) 

Do you think they would accept being WH headliner?

8 minutes ago, lukethekid said:

Ahhhh he wasn’t on the bill in 2017 was he, my bad, still though I don’t reckon Noel’s the pyramid sized Other Stage headliner material that the Eavis’ have spoken about.

The only way I can see Noel not being the Sunday other header is if he subs Macca and Aerosmith are lower or elsewhere. 

Thought Noel has a show on the Saturday which is why we had down for Sunday? Then logic suggests he wouldn't sub Taylor so that leaves Other headliner?

I'd really take Emily's comment with a pinch of salt. Noel has headlined Glastonbury with Oasis and I can easily see that categorising him as a "Pyramid level headliner" in the eyes of a festival promoter.

13 minutes ago, jparx said:

Thought Noel has a show on the Saturday which is why we had down for Sunday? Then logic suggests he wouldn't sub Taylor so that leaves Other headliner?

I'd really take Emily's comment with a pinch of salt. Noel has headlined Glastonbury with Oasis and I can easily see that categorising him as a "Pyramid level headliner" in the eyes of a festival promoter.

He has a show on the Friday but not Saturday/Sunday.. to my knowledge

29 minutes ago, mufcok said:

He has a show on the Friday but not Saturday/Sunday.. to my knowledge

Ah okay, must have conjured that up in mind. 

Do think headlining against Swift seems most likely. Subbing Macca just doesn't seem like something Glastonbury would do.

Edited by jparx

Hear me out - Twenty One Pilots are taking the Friday Other slot instead of Foals. They're playing Dublin the day before & then Switzerland on the Saturday, just headlined Reading so definitely big enough, have said Glastonbury is one of their dream gigs and seem like a contrast to Kendrick. The other 2 I'd have to assume are Dua Lipa & Noel.. But very unsure where this would leave The 1975

3 hours ago, Neondrift said:

Hear me out - Twenty One Pilots are taking the Friday Other slot instead of Foals. They're playing Dublin the day before & then Switzerland on the Saturday, just headlined Reading so definitely big enough, have said Glastonbury is one of their dream gigs and seem like a contrast to Kendrick. The other 2 I'd have to assume are Dua Lipa & Noel.. But very unsure where this would leave The 1975

Twenty One Pilots aren't a good contrast to Kendrick Lamar at all. For a pop-rock outfit very focused on rapping and big with a younger audience, going against Kendrick would draw away most of their potential crowd. They'd be best against McCartney, where I still think they are. 

12 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Subbing Taylor?

Pet Shop Boys said in a Q&A that they need to play in the dark, so that's when people stopped talking about them being the Sunday teatime act. Guess they're not in the running to sub if that's their attitude.

7 hours ago, eastynh said:

I am not a teenager and don't go to any balls. I would go to watch Taylor Swift.

Exactly.  This forum seems to have a bizarre and baffling delusion about how popular Foals are.  They're on the second row of the Mad Cool poster.  That's their level.  They haven't had anything resembling a radio hit in years, and even then only have a handful of genuinely big songs.

13 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Twenty One Pilots aren't a good contrast to Kendrick Lamar at all. For a pop-rock outfit very focused on rapping and big with a younger audience, going against Kendrick would draw away most of their potential crowd. They'd be best against McCartney, where I still think they are. 

I thought they’d be up against Macca too but as @Neondrift says they’re playing a festival in Switzerland that day. That Dublin date seems strange if they’re not playing but as you say, they’d be a strange choice to put up against Kendrick.