Other Stage 2020

Matt42

Just now, eFestivals said:

if it's not her you need to come up with the name of the female you think it is instead ? (cos one of the Other headliners is very likely to be female).

Is that on some authority you’ve heard? I guess if you know one headliner is female then it probably is her.

I think she’s totally getting shafted in that spot. She’s so suited to a pyramid slot. I guess they probably are eyeing her up to headline in the future.

Didn't she say "kind of Pyramid-level"? That description works for all 3 in different ways:

1975 - big enough, would have headlined in a weaker year

Dua Lipa - massive name, seems to be everywhere you look, has streaming numbers to rival the biggest acts on the planet right now (more monthly listeners than Swift etc)

Noel - one of the biggest names in British music, has headlined multiple times with Oasis, playing many of the songs he still plays now. Headlines smaller (but decent-sized) festivals in current form.

So yes, they kind of are all that size.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Emily can't bang on about better female representation and not have one of the Other headliners as female.

It's nailed on that (at least) one will be female.

Specifically the Other stage headliner though? They could for example have a female headliner, legend and 2 or 3 Pyramid subs. Don't think she'll be worried about the Other stage headliners specifically if that's the case. How far do you stretch this logic? JP, Park and West Holts too?

2 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Specifically the Other stage headliner though? They could for example have a female headliner, legend and 2 or 3 Pyramid subs.

They could have all that AND the Other headliner.

And given Emily's aims i can't see there not being at least one female headliner for each of the major stages, if there's the acts available to do that.

2 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Don't think she'll be worried about the Other stage headliners specifically if that's the case. How far do you stretch this logic? JP, Park and West Holts too?

Yep - or at least, as much of it as can be done. It's what happened this year.

7 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

This would make it for me:

Kendrick - The Prodigy

Macca - The 1975

Taylor - Foals

:)

Aerosmith > 1975 > Macca is one of the biggest set ups. That would legit be insane. 

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

They could have all that AND the Other headliner.

And given Emily's aims i can't see there not being at least one female headliner for each of the major stages, if there's the acts available to do that.

Yep - or at least, as much of it as can be done. It's what happened this year.

I see this as well, along with at least 1 of the Other subheadliners being Wolf Alice and 1 of the sub headliners of the Pyramid being Lana. 

Would look very good on paper and to champion what they've been talking about. 

49 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

This would make it for me:

Kendrick - The Prodigy

Macca - The 1975

Taylor - Foals

:)

That Friday clash is the stuff of nightmares and if it comes true I will hold you personally responsible. I'm having a crisis just thinking about it.

3 hours ago, StevieGed said:

Tough night for Dua Lipa up against Macca if true. Very strange as I wouldn’t think she was even in with a shout to headline the Other.

Entirely possible I'd be at Dua rather than Macca. Good old boogie to some pop bangers on a Saturday night...what's not to love?

26 minutes ago, Barry Trotter said:

If the swift foals clash happens....that's a pretty easy choice if you aren't a teenager that goes to the capital FM jingle bell ball

Neither are ones I'm fussed about seeing, but given the choice I'd drag my non-teenager ass to Swift all day long