Other Stage 2020

Matt42

11 minutes ago, StevieGed said:

The EP stuff, although they never play it, has some of their best songs. I have Haunt/Bed and Medicine up there as two of their best. 

They have came on massively, I remember them in 2016 and they just seemed to get lost on the Other Stage (he did rant on about Brexit too, can’t quite remember what he said though). But I’ve seen them several times since and they’ve gotten better and better each time. Visuals are some of the best I’ve seen.

I agree they've come far as a band with the visuals and everything, but the first album will always be my favourite. Also seeing them in February in Manchester, hope they're on the Friday, Wolf Alice into 1975 whilst eating a jumping bean burrito would be heavenly.

Edited by Miyn

25 minutes ago, mufcok said:

@eFestivals has that 1975 on Other Stage rumour just been added today or am I late to the party? That's interesting, Foals for a Pyramid sub potentially as well?

Foals have announced a date that could make them seem unlikely, and a guy came on here a while back saying Foals weren’t playing and also that The 1975 and Dua Lipa would be headlining Other, so think Neil has put 2 and 2 together. 

Foals could still end up subbing on the Sunday though which would render the other bits of info as shite.

I think it's more likely that Emily has been guilty of a bit of well-meaning, light hyperbole than their actually being 3 proper massive names on The Other. 

Tbh Dua Lipa is the only one she'd struggle to justify. The 1975 could've headlined this year and NGHFB are, while it remains a stretch to call them Pyramid level, festival headliners in their own right. 

1 hour ago, mufcok said:

@eFestivals has that 1975 on Other Stage rumour just been added today or am I late to the party? That's interesting, Foals for a Pyramid sub potentially as well?

the 1975 and Dua Lipa have both been listed for a while, and have been moved today to Other Stage (and guessed days). Foals have been changed from an SR to an R.

There was some info a while back from a guy who claimed to have met Yannis from Foals, who supposedly said 1975 and DL were Other headliners and that Foals weren't playing.

Foals dates are starting to suggest that info might be accurate, so I updated to reflect that (without really changing very much).

Edited by eFestivals

14 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

But are The 1975, Dua Lipa, and Noel Gallagher really "pyramid-sized" other headliners? 

I imagine as with most things Glastonbury related, it was something that she shouldn't of said, has been over hyped and was probably only meant for 1 of them in reality.

1975, personally (esepcially after another new album) could headline the Pyramid easily. The other 2 are a bit strange to me. 

1 hour ago, StevieGed said:

Tough night for Dua Lipa up against Macca if true. Very strange as I wouldn’t think she was even in with a shout to headline the Other.

Thought Pyramid third down or sub was a shoe in.

From the reaction Maccas announcement on twitter/facebook got and between my group (8 people, all in mid 20s, only 2 interested) she'll get a really decent crowd. I think what will draw people away is a more dance heavy act on JP/West Holtz

I can see something like Orbital/King Gizzard as 2 of the headliners on other stages 

2 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

But are The 1975, Dua Lipa, and Noel Gallagher really "pyramid-sized" other headliners? 

It’s not 2004 anymore. They are. 

The 1975 are one of the biggest touring bands going right now. Especially in the UK.

Dua Lipa (while I don’t think it will be her) seems to be breaking the second album curse that surrounds English female artists. There is a lot of hype around her upcoming album and what she’s going to be doing next. Also you can see she has come a long way in the past few years.

Noel Gallagher headlines festivals across the country. He headlined IOW last year.

Its three acts that wouldn’t look out of place headlining another festival.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

It’s not 2004 anymore. They are. 

The 1975 are one of the biggest touring bands going right now. Especially in the UK.

Dua Lipa (while I don’t think it will be her) seems to be breaking the second album curse that surrounds English female artists. There is a lot of hype around her upcoming album and what she’s going to be doing next. Also you can see she has come a long way in the past few years.

Noel Gallagher headlines festivals across the country. He headlined IOW last year.

Its three acts that wouldn’t look out of place headlining another festival.

I think the main thing to take away from 'pyramid sized' is not about other festivals though. Personally I think LIam looks out of place headlining Reading/Leeds and so would Noel. As would Noel headlining the Pyramid look out of place. If the headliners this year/next year were Noel/Dua/1975 it would be one of the weakest trios in memories. The only act that fits the 'pyramid sized headliner for the Other Stage' is the 1975 and thats a really strong act. 

Its still a VERY strong top 3 (even though I don't think Dua will do) for a 2nd stage at a festival especially a UK one. 

2 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I think the main thing to take away from 'pyramid sized' is not about other festivals though. Personally I think LIam looks out of place headlining Reading/Leeds and so would Noel. As would Noel headlining the Pyramid look out of place. If the headliners this year/next year were Noel/Dua/1975 it would be one of the weakest trios in memories. The only act that fits the 'pyramid sized headliner for the Other Stage' is the 1975 and thats a really strong act. 

Its still a VERY strong top 3 (even though I don't think Dua will do) for a 2nd stage at a festival especially a UK one. 

All three are acts that could easily sub or headline the pyramid.

I wonder if they are eyeing up Dua as a potential future headliner. I guess that’s the only way I can get my head around the possibility that she will headline the other. The UK festival (and global) scene is crying out for more female headliners - maybe Dua could “Be the one”.

what a shit joke

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

All three are acts that could easily sub or headline the pyramid.

I disagree and I'm sure a lot of other people would. Again if our top 3 were Dua/Noel/1975 all '3 pyramid sized headliners' people would be very disappointed. Noel I see as always going to sub headline a stage thats the size of the Pyramid and I think he's aware of that, you can tell by some of the slots he's taken over the past 2 years in Europe. Dua I don't think is anywhere near ready personally in my eyes its very similar to Stormzy last year in the lead up to it yet she has such less media fanfare (from my perspective) than he does. 1975 are the only ones who would look credible on the top of the poster and to put in highlights of 'here are your pyramid headliners'. Its to note I'm not a huge fan of all 3. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I disagree and I'm sure a lot of other people would. Again if our top 3 were Dua/Noel/1975 all '3 pyramid sized headliners' people would be very disappointed. Noel I see as always going to sub headline a stage thats the size of the Pyramid and I think he's aware of that, you can tell by some of the slots he's taken over the past 2 years in Europe. Dua I don't think is anywhere near ready personally in my eyes its very similar to Stormzy last year in the lead up to it yet she has such less media fanfare (from my perspective) than he does. 1975 are the only ones who would look credible on the top of the poster and to put in highlights of 'here are your pyramid headliners'. Its to note I'm not a huge fan of all 3. 

Dua is not there yet but I reckon by the end of next summer she will be.