Other Stage 2020

Matt42

12 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I agree she's better suited for the Pyramid, but unless you can think of another female (or female-heavy) act that might headline the other this year, I reckon she might be doing it.

Cos i reckon they'll try and have a female act as one of the Other headliners.

I like Dua but I'm not exactly up to date on her - is it looking likely that her next album will be out by the festival? I reckon she could smash an Other headline slot with two albums. She's already got a good number of hits.

1 minute ago, wro_lap said:

I like Dua but I'm not exactly up to date on her - is it looking likely that her next album will be out by the festival? I reckon she could smash an Other headline slot with two albums. She's already got a good number of hits.

First single of album 2 came out last week, so it'll be released by June 100%.

3 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

I'm a long way from an expert but I think a new album is due for release soon.

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'm a long way from an expert but I think a new album is due for release soon.

Do you think Wolf Alice will sub?

I've had proven right info on them (including a few festivals) for last few years and they were asked for 2019 (sub or headline I am not sure now), but would make sense to be deferred now with a new album, confirmed for Mad Cool as well.

Just now, CJTM said:

Do you think Wolf Alice will sub?

I've had proven right info on them (including a few festivals) for last few years and they were asked for 2019 (sub or headline I am not sure now), but would make sense to be deferred now with a new album, confirmed for Mad Cool as well.

I think headlining is quite possible - as the reward for Pilton Party tends to be a higher slot than they might otherwise get.

Just now, eFestivals said:

I think headlining is quite possible - as the reward for Pilton Party tends to be a higher slot than they might otherwise get.

I was thinking that, but took EE words into consideration, unless it's on the hype side of things. Struggling to think who they would be up against though potentially, they tick quite a lot of boxes

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Doesn't really fit in with 'pyramid headliners ' level though. Saying that, wolf alice could be a good John peel headliner.

1 hour ago, Quark said:

I thought you saw Chris? Or was that the Manchester gig you went to and raved about?

That was the Manchester gig. So assumed she would be doing the same set and went for Janelle. 

That gig in Manchester had me in tears. It was incredible. So feared it being let down as well as being on my own for it. I have no problems seeing acts on my tod but I would imagine most would agree you want to spend Sunday night with your pals. It was the right decision on the night. I've no regrets this year. 

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Putting my tin foil hat on for a second, what if Dua is headlining the Other opposite an artist who doesn't want their Pyramid set broadcast live?

Broadcast information is negotiated separately by the BBC I believe and can go right up until the event (I think the Stones weren't going to be broadcast at all and then struck a deal) so don't think that is a motivating factor.

1 hour ago, CJTM said:

I was thinking that, but took EE words into consideration, unless it's on the hype side of things. Struggling to think who they would be up against though potentially, they tick quite a lot of boxes

Personally I think sub is a slight bump as it is, especially given the supposedly evelated Other headliners this year. Wolf Alice's billing is pretty difficult to put a finger on, though. They'd definitely be a good headliner.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I feel like Wolf Alice don’t need to be headlining a stage if stronger options are available. They are a great band but I don’t think they can pull a major crowd against a big hitter.

I don't think they'd mind subbing. Reckon they'd be perfect performing as the sun's going down - Two Door Cinema Club and Dave did a great job of that this year.

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Noel Gallagher against Kendrick Lamar.

Twenty One Pilots against Paul McCartney.

Disclosure or some other kinda dance/electronic act against Taylor Swift.

This is what I want. Pyramid first two nights then dancing on Sunday. Beautiful.