Other Stage 2020

Matt42

We do know the Eavii like to over-egg things slightly when it comes to how big an act is therefore I reckon these 2 "Pyramid-style headliners" might not be quite as big as we're all lead to believe.  After Snow Patrol had to pull out last year I'm thinking they will be back this year and could be filling one of the slots.  Not sure where on the lineup they were supposed to be placed last year though.  Probably going to get shot down for this but I put them in a similar bracket to Elbow who are another good shout for the headline slot on T'Other.

29 minutes ago, Padgey said:

We do know the Eavii like to over-egg things slightly when it comes to how big an act is therefore I reckon these 2 "Pyramid-style headliners" might not be quite as big as we're all lead to believe.  After Snow Patrol had to pull out last year I'm thinking they will be back this year and could be filling one of the slots.  Not sure where on the lineup they were supposed to be placed last year though.  Probably going to get shot down for this but I put them in a similar bracket to Elbow who are another good shout for the headline slot on T'Other.

I think you're right on the first bit. There's an argument to say Tame Impala border on that level so could be acts like that. 

On the second bit, however, Snow Patrol were booked third or fourth down Other if I remember correctly so not a chance they'll be bumped. 

26 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

I think you're right on the first bit. There's an argument to say Tame Impala border on that level so could be acts like that. 

Could also be bands who’ve previously headlined who couldn’t now, like Prodigy or New Order. Not implying it’s likely to be either, but that level or previous headliner.

26 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

On the second bit, however, Snow Patrol were booked third or fourth down Other if I remember correctly so not a chance they'll be bumped. 

Aye, not a chance.

Im gonna call Kasabian could well be one of the three for the other stage headliner...

Big out door show in Leicester Saturday before yes they’ve headlined the pyramid before but don’t think those lads would bat an eyelid to headline other for the 50th 

Edited by ITK19889

22 hours ago, Kalopsia said:

Very left field shout considering we have no concrete information right now but, Them Crooked Vultures? I've heard Josh and Dave both comment about they'd like to do another record. They all appear to be free next year and I reckon would be a great headliner for the other stage.

Dave Grohl beating the shit out of a drum kit for 90 mins? Sign me tf up

13 hours ago, ITK19889 said:

Im gonna call Kasabian could well be one of the three for the other stage headliner...

Big out door show in Leicester Saturday before yes they’ve headlined the pyramid before but don’t think those lads would bat an eyelid to headline other for the 50th 

They've billed that as their only UK show of the year, so i don't think they're in the frame to headline.  Secret set likely though.

17 minutes ago, swillis89 said:

A certain lead singer of a certain equine-based band told me last night that 2 of the Other Stage headliners were The 1975 and Dua Lipa, and his band definitely aren't playing

How true is this???

18 minutes ago, swillis89 said:

A certain lead singer of a certain equine-based band told me last night that 2 of the Other Stage headliners were The 1975 and Dua Lipa, and his band definitely aren't playing

Definitely aren't playing the Other, or at all? 

Just now, SwedgeAntilles said:

Definitely aren't playing the Other, or at all? 

At all. Said they were hoping to headline Other either 2019 or 2020 but didn't get the call... got offered the secret set quite late as there was no other room for them in either year. He seemed pretty bummed about it.

11 minutes ago, swillis89 said:

At all. Said they were hoping to headline Other either 2019 or 2020 but didn't get the call... got offered the secret set quite late as there was no other room for them in either year. He seemed pretty bummed about it.

So even Foals don't think they're big enough to headline. Case closed!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, swillis89 said:

Given that the 1975 were touted by many (including me) as potential Pyramid headliners getting them to headline the Other is pretty huge.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Up against a heritage act on the Pyramid? They wouldn't put her up against KDot or Swifty.

Just sounds like a weird place to put a BBC darling. Surely New Rules on the pyramid with the sun out is where they’d wanna put her? Imo I feel she’s a third down pyramid / sub (at push) or a no show.

Just seems a no brainer to have her on the pyramid tbh.

Flipping heck I knew Dua Lipa was big but I’ve just seen her latest single (released a few days ago) already has 30 million Spotify plays.

She has 32 million Spotify listeners per month average. I knew she was big but I didn’t realise THAT big.

Edited by Matt42