Other Stage 2020

Matt42

1 hour ago, Sam Y said:

After what Eavis said about the other stage headliners being Pyramid level I think we could see the 1975, Foals or the strokes as possibilities 

Mhm. Makes sense to have them, a lot of people disagree whether Foals and The 1975 should / are big enough to headline, especially with it being the 50th. Would keep (most) people happy.

First post ?

Did anyone here see massive attack on the other stage in 2014?

I know it was late on the Sunday (so memories may not be the most reliable), but I’m sure some text flashed up during their visuals along the lines of: “our final ever show will be Glastonbury 2020”. Others in our group thought they saw it too.

Wasn’t televised due to all of the political messaging so I’ve never been able to confirm.

1 hour ago, 45thGenerationRoman said:

First post ?

I know it was late on the Sunday (so memories may not be the most reliable), but I’m sure some text flashed up during their visuals along the lines of: “our final ever show will be Glastonbury 2020”. Others in our group thought they saw it too.

Wasn’t televised due to all of the political messaging so I’ve never been able to confirm.

I saw all the messages they posted up on screen and did not see that, and it’s not something I’d forget, so I don’t think that happened.

On 11/2/2019 at 4:58 PM, Matt42 said:

Just my personal taste but 21 pilots are complete and utter shite. I’m not knocking you if you like them but I think they are totally reflective of music I just don’t like. Too OTT on gimmicks and I feel they don’t have a broad fanbase at all.

I genuinely don’t know anyone my age who listens to them and likes them. They work well at R&L because most of their fanbase is below 16.

Yes I agree - most of their fanbase is probably below 16, but that is not the only reason why they worked well at R&L - they worked well mainly because they put on a fantastic show, really engaged with the crowd and had some cracking tunes.  I only knew Blurryface and Ride before and wasn't keen on either song, but absolutely loved their show - it really surprised me.  Some of their stuff sounded amazing live even though I had never heard most of it before.  I would love to see them at Glasto and reckon they would be great on the Other Stage if they would accept it.

Not sure what age you are Matt, but I am guessing I am older than you and I like them now.

Just going to throw a curveball in here, Yusuf/Cat Stevens? He performed in Christchurch earlier this year after a terrorist attack on a Mosque and he was breathtaking!

Also his message of peace is more important to him than money, might make him a goer? He may be better suited to a smaller stage though.. Secret set at Strummerville? ?

29 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Are we absolutely certain that Green Day won't pop up? Only available on Sunday, and yes it would mean a run of four shows in a row, but would be a great opposite to Taylor Swift and definitely align with Emily's recent comments. 

it's not impossible, but it seems unlikely.

The tour is them and two other bands as a threesome. They've clearly swerved the opportunity to do festivals, because they're doing a Scottish date for DF Concerts where they've not chosen to do TRNSMT (which is also DF Concerts).

On 11/1/2019 at 7:34 AM, Homer said:

The Pet Shop Boys have played Glastonbury in 2000 and 2010.

Personally I thought they worked a lot better subbing the Pyramid the first time, as opposed to headlining the Other.

Totally agree with this.

I think Elbow could be an Other headliner shout. Touring next year, love the festival, not big enough not headline Pyramid but have subbed twice before. 

Watching a bit of Twenty One Pilots from Reading I feel they could certainly headline The Other stage now that i see they are playing European festivals again next summer , certainly as popular if not more than Skrillex a few years back.

Regarding The Prodigy it came to me that Chris Martin could be the new vocalist ?

Edited by ivan

On 11/4/2019 at 3:07 AM, Bryanrebe said:

Just going to throw a curveball in here, Yusuf/Cat Stevens? He performed in Christchurch earlier this year after a terrorist attack on a Mosque and he was breathtaking!

Also his message of peace is more important to him than money, might make him a goer? He may be better suited to a smaller stage though.. Secret set at Strummerville? ?

Was really peaceful when he was calling for Salman Rushdie's death... 

If he did play though, surely daytime on the pyramid or otherwise acoustic? 

2 hours ago, Kashkin said:

Was really peaceful when he was calling for Salman Rushdie's death... 

If he did play though, surely daytime on the pyramid or otherwise acoustic? 

I mean, it was in 1989 and he genuinely seems to regret saying those things now. As an atheist I try not to get involved in religious arguments.

Yeah he'd have to be a daytime spot somewhere a bit chill.

6 hours ago, ivan said:

Watching a bit of Twenty One Pilots from Reading I feel they could certainly headline The Other stage now that i see they are playing European festivals again next summer , certainly as popular if not more than Skrillex a few years back.

Regarding The Prodigy it came to me that Chris Martin could be the new vocalist ?

I think someone else suggested this ... please whisper it though .. hes probably got ideas before reading the posts on this forum ... now well it just inevitable 

On 11/4/2019 at 3:11 AM, 45thGenerationRoman said:

First post ?

On 11/4/2019 at 4:36 AM, dentalplan said:

I saw all the messages they posted up on screen and did not see that, and it’s not something I’d forget, so I don’t think that happened.

Mandela effect anyone? Anyone?

Ok, I'll go sit in the corner with my tin hat..

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

You saw it too?

Okay this is fucking with me now. Starting to imagine it in my head and wondering if it happened or not.

I'm not saying I definitely saw it but I have a vague memory of seeing 2020 on the screen at some point though I was so utterly blown away by that set I honestly can't be sure.

I'm in two minds whether I would want to see them again. The set was  perfect so I'm not sure if the second time around would live up to the high expectation I would have.

On the other hand, there is not much I'd give to experience that again

19 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

You saw it too?

Okay this is fucking with me now. Starting to imagine it in my head and wondering if it happened or not.

No sorry, next year will be my first time. I'm just trying to spread the idea that the Mandela effect is real (mainly because I hope there's an alternate universe where Trump and Boris aren't world leaders).