Other Stage 2020

Matt42

36 minutes ago, chickenfire said:

I’ve not been in a few years (2014) but have they extended the Other Stage field at all? 

It was a bit of a squeeze during busy acts back then so if they have even bigger acts on, it could be a disaster. Especially if it’s a heavier band. 

Squeeze, did you mention Squeeze, now there’s a name for playing somewhere even if it’s not the other ! 

3 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Could Twenty One Pilots be an Other headliner? I don't think they'd be booked for the Pyramid but they're around and fit the bigger than usual/major festival headliner size that we seem to be guessing.

Not sure if they really fit the glasto crowd which is a shame. So good live

3 hours ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Hey! long time lurker wanting to throw a suggestion in, The Prodigy / Billie Eilish / Biffy Clyro, would love for these three and would take me a lot of convincing to go for a pyramid headliner regardless of who it is up against these.

I don't think it's the worst shout really, The Prodigy couldn't headline the Pyramid though ...I think it's a little lose the all could headline the Pyramid....It's easy to say that though after having The Killers who are definitely not guaranteed to top the big platform now after Latitude. Billie I'd sub level yes but not quite higher though I've not checked her tour dates totally...still say not yet. 

Biffy really should have gotten a longer set and headlined over Sheeran who didn't really do it justice.

1 hour ago, adequate8 said:

How come? 

Do you think Oasis would headline other if they reunited? Zero chance. 

There are many reasons, namely that they will have nearly every single festival on planet earth at them to headline, throwing millions of pounds per show their way.

I've no doubt Emily would love them on other, but they would not have any reason whatsoever to play on that stage. 

It would also be dangerously busy.

I think a lot of people on here underestimate the drawing power of this band. 

Edited by Billy Corgan's Ego

4 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I don't think it's the worst shout really, The Prodigy couldn't headline the Pyramid though ...I think it's a little lose the all could headline the Pyramid....It's easy to say that though after having The Killers who are definitely not guaranteed to top the big platform now after Latitude. Billie I'd sub level yes but not quite higher though I've not checked her tour dates totally...still say not yet. 

Biffy really should have gotten a longer set and headlined over Sheeran who didn't really do it justice.

There's a reason why your posts are down voted. He's one of the biggest artists in the world, doesn't matter if he did it justice or not. What do you do 'Yeah lets not book him just encase he doesn't do that great' I wasn't there as I'm not a fan. So I can't say if it was good or not but for real. He's the #1 streamed artist in the world. 

19 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

There's a reason why your posts are down voted. He's one of the biggest artists in the world, doesn't matter if he did it justice or not. What do you do 'Yeah lets not book him just encase he doesn't do that great' I wasn't there as I'm not a fan. So I can't say if it was good or not but for real. He's the #1 streamed artist in the world. 

I don't give a shit whether my posts gets down voted or not, don't you think if I did I'd have bothered about it before?!

You're misreading what I'm saying anyway. Biffy put on the better show by quite some distance in my opinion and would have made a better headline. I'm not saying Sheeran should have just subbed it but the lack of show and performance would have been noted much less had it not been the top slot. 

5 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Not sure about that. Plenty of people at Glastonbury like shit music.

Plenty of people on efests are music snobs and mistake their opinion for fact and suffer from the misbelief that because they don’t like someone they must be shit.

Edited by Smeble
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just my personal taste but 21 pilots are complete and utter shite. I’m not knocking you if you like them but I think they are totally reflective of music I just don’t like. Too OTT on gimmicks and I feel they don’t have a broad fanbase at all.

I genuinely don’t know anyone my age who listens to them and likes them. They work well at R&L because most of their fanbase is below 16.

6 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

This honestly sound like one of the people who says Taylor ain't big enough to headline

Yeah but... no... but ... no

Taylor has way more mass appeal than 21p. It’s just an objective fact.

Anyway I highly doubt Glasto would book them so it’s a silly chat.

5 hours ago, Smeble said:

Plenty of people on efests are music snobs and mistake their opinion for fact and suffer from the misbelief that because they don’t like someone they must be shit.

You absolutely should be a snob about your music tastes. It’s such a deeply personal thing. You should think you’ve got the best music taste in the world. I know I think I do. Neither of us is right, obviously, because you can’t right or wrong with taste. But that’s how strongly you should feel about your own taste, strong enough that you want to call someone else wrong for what they like. 

Edited by Rubber Soldier
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 6

6 minutes ago, Rubber Soldier said:

You absolutely should be a a nob about your music tastes. It’s such a deeply personal thing. You should think you’ve got the best music taste in the world. I know I think I do. Neither of us is right, obviously, because you can’t right or wrong with taste. But that’s how strongly you should feel about your own taste, strong enough that you want to call someone else wrong for what they like. 

I understand your point, but this is a very cold take and no way to express subjective opinion and taste.

Personally hoping for PSB for the other. 

As a Westcountry boy, when they played Go West, I was crying like a kitten.  Best ever pop song belted out to a bunch of loved up nutters... I for one can't think of anything better!