Other Stage 2020

Matt42

1 hour ago, mufcok said:

Noel and Foals for 2 of the slots I reckon. Plenty of possibilities now after those comments though, should make for a good lineup 

Good shout. She has certainly made bands who couldn't 'really' ever headline the pyramid feel that they maybe could have done, had it not been a special year :D

I don’t know what he actually does now but what about Calvin Harris as one of the ‘Pyramid headliner sized’ ones? Fits because he’d never actually headline the Pyramid but maybe playing on the Other would suit. Maybe SHM for the same reasons.

I think Foals will be one of the names down to headline Other but I don’t think they’ll be having all rock bands headlining Other.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

I don’t know what he actually does now but what about Calvin Harris as one of the ‘Pyramid headliner sized’ ones? Fits because he’d never actually headline the Pyramid but maybe playing on the Other would suit. Maybe SHM for the same reasons.

I think Foals will be one of the names down to headline Other but I don’t think they’ll be having all rock bands headlining Other.

Yeah I’ve been thinking about Calvin Harris too. Could be a good bet.

If the rumours on My Chemical Romance's tour taking in Mad Cool, Werchter etc then they'll be in the vicinity. Would be great exposure in terms of relaunching in the UK, could see them doing this or Pyramid sub for that reason. They're apparently booked in non-headline slots at the other festivals so why not Glastonbury? 

1 minute ago, kingbadger said:

If the rumours on My Chemical Romance's tour taking in Mad Cool, Werchter etc then they'll be in the vicinity. Would be great exposure in terms of relaunching in the UK, could see them doing this or Pyramid sub for that reason. They're apparently booked in non-headline slots at the other festivals so why not Glastonbury? 

I was the guy who disclosed that information. I highly doubt they are doing glasto.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

I can't see any circumstances where SHM would be playing for the paltry money Glastonbury would offer.

16 minutes ago, Homer said:

Doesn't he just do the EDM DJing crap thing now?

Correct, also rarely tours properly if I remember correctly. Why spend all the money on touring when you can fly into Vegas every week and get the same dollar for a couple hours DJ-ing 

2 minutes ago, jow95 said:

Correct, also rarely tours properly if I remember correctly. Why spend all the money on touring when you can fly into Vegas every week and get the same dollar for a couple hours DJ-ing 

Just watched a bit of him 'DJing' for some reason - the only YouTube comment is quite telling:

"same set as I saw him about 4 years ago (still timeless tho!)"

//Grimace emoji, grimace emoji//

Just now, Homer said:

Just watched a bit of him 'DJing' for some reason - the only YouTube comment is quite telling:

"same set as I saw him about 4 years ago (still timeless tho!)"

//Grimace emoji, grimace emoji//

I don’t blame the guy, clearly has done very well for himself since being with the band and not even close to headlining a major festival. However, fuckin boring am I right?

Just now, Matt42 said:

I’m here with you. 

please 

As much as I would hope for it Matt, they're coming back for the money aren't they so Glastonbury on the whole isn't really going to lineup for them, especially Other... only way I could see if they had a BST/APE? show, and that was announced and sold out by Feb/March?

Wishful thinking here but v unlikely IMO

2 minutes ago, CJTM said:

As much as I would hope for it Matt, they're coming back for the money aren't they so Glastonbury on the whole isn't really going to lineup for them, especially Other... only way I could see if they had a BST/APE? show, and that was announced and sold out by Feb/March?

Wishful thinking here but v unlikely IMO

I won’t be surprised if they don’t even play in Europe lol.