Other Stage 2020

Matt42

9 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Surely Biffy are exactly the kind of band "who could headline", but actually won't. 

Pinch of Eavis salt with this one, I think.

Completely agree that this is the perfect time for the weird in between place between sub headline and pyramid headline and personally I hope it continues past the 50th. Foals, 1975(kinda) Biffy, Nick Cave. Bands like Nine Inch Nails. 

13 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Surely Biffy are exactly the kind of band "who could headline", but actually won't. 

Pinch of Eavis salt with this one, I think.

Biffy or royal blood would probably be the kind of bands to headline the other stage if Kendrick or swift are on the pyramid. The beauty of Glastonbury is the range of styles available at the same time. 

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

As much as I'd absolutely love that, Glastonbury probably isn't where they're gonna end up and I imagine if they're reforming it's 'cause they're skint and need some $$$

Hope this isn't another case of the fake out reunion hype of last time that just ended up being a reissue of The Black Parade. I mean, it IS ten years since they released their last album next year.

With how well the Netflix adaptation of The Umbrella Academy did, I doubt Gerard is in need of the money!

5 hours ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

Have metallica chances increased on this news?

Metallica were meant to play in NZ last night but it got cancelled due to James Hetfield going to rehab. I mean by that time he could be fine, but it's a bit of a gamble to book them if he's having ongoing alcohol issues.

11 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

This is that whole any other year you could do it but this is a special year. I think Foals will sub Pyramid, they aren't a Pyramid headliner and regardless of whether you like them or not they just aren't. I'd go for Royal Blood subbing the Pyramid and I'm going to go for a headline act one night with The Prodigy doing a closing set after.

If the PSB headline Other though then the whole statement is a bit floored as naturally they couldn't headline the Pyramid.

Edited by thewayiam

8 hours ago, chazwwe said:

Where's this info come from? 

The Pet Shop Boys have played Glastonbury in 2000 and 2010.

Personally I thought they worked a lot better subbing the Pyramid the first time, as opposed to headlining the Other.

Edited by Homer

12 minutes ago, Homer said:

The Pet Shop Boys have played Glastonbury in 2000 and 2010.

Personally I thought they worked a lot better subbing the Pyramid the first time, as opposed to headlining the Other.

Didn’t see them in 2010, but remember their set in 2000 being one of the highlights of the festival.

My other highlights of 2000 were Bowie, Moby E7D6FBEA-CE91-43B3-8DA7-877FC05FB807.thumb.jpeg.87a30b4ac21ae71d22b7dd95d0002a11.jpegand Coldplay - who played the other stage on the Saturday at 3pm (didn’t like them so much when they headlined a few years later).

1 hour ago, Mr Boo said:

Didn’t see them in 2010, but remember their set in 2000 being one of the highlights of the festival.

My other highlights of 2000 were Bowie, Moby E7D6FBEA-CE91-43B3-8DA7-877FC05FB807.thumb.jpeg.87a30b4ac21ae71d22b7dd95d0002a11.jpegand Coldplay - who played the other stage on the Saturday at 3pm (didn’t like them so much when they headlined a few years later).

I read a really crap article the other day about Glastonbury's worst headliners, slagging off Moby's Pyramid set in 2003. From the way it was written, it was clear that the person slagging that set off wasn't even there!

19 minutes ago, Homer said:

I read a really crap article the other day about Glastonbury's worst headliners, slagging off Moby's Pyramid set in 2003. From the way it was written, it was clear that the person slagging that set off wasn't even there!

I only watched it on TV (only 12 at the time) but I fell in love with Moby's music that day! 

24 minutes ago, Homer said:

I read a similar shit article which had Skunk Anansie down, with the reasoning being the "author" didn't know who they were.

Edited by jparx

8 minutes ago, jparx said:

I read a similar shit article which had Skunk Anansie down, with the reasoning being the "author" didn't know who they were.

Here's the Moby one - load of crap:

https://www.radiox.co.uk/festivals/worst-glastonbury-headliners-of-all-time/

It went off big time when he played Feelin' So Real and Go. Plus 18 was a decent album.

When they say acts who could headline the Pyramid Stage, I'm inclined to think of acts who have headlined other festivals but would probably be seen (on here at least) as a weak Pyramid headliner:

Nick Cave, Noel Gallagher's HFB, Foals, Florence, Prodigy, etc.

Metallica are touring the USA up until May next year, and then stop until September. Lars is there every year, maybe it could be be a goer...

21 minutes ago, jackarmy said:

When they say acts who could headline the Pyramid Stage, I'm inclined to think of acts who have headlined other festivals but would probably be seen (on here at least) as a weak Pyramid headliner:

Nick Cave, Noel Gallagher's HFB, Foals, Florence, Prodigy, etc.

Metallica are touring the USA up until May next year, and then stop until September. Lars is there every year, maybe it could be be a goer...

Secret set. JP tent. That's the dream