Other Stage 2020

Matt42

1 hour ago, priest17 said:

none of us agree what a 'Pyramid-size' band is so that's no use ahah.

Call me crazy but I want King Gizzard on there.

I don't think wanting King Gizz there is crazy at all! They just sold out Ally Pally. Not sure where they'd place on the line up but I reckon they'd be a good fit

12 minutes ago, zero000 said:

Nine Inch Nails possibly? Know there was some chat about booking Primavera and pulling out due to some sound track work or something, but they would smash an other stage headline slot!

They've postponed their tour for this year cause the lead singers wife is preggers, so if it was them it aint anymore.

2 minutes ago, Sundance said:

I don't think wanting King Gizz there is crazy at all! They just sold out Ally Pally. Not sure where they'd place on the line up but I reckon they'd be a good fit

Reckon most people have them pegged for Park or John Peel, I think they deserve to be on one of the big 2 personally. 

I don't really mind as long as long as they do another secret Crows Nest set, last year was bonkers paper gay.

4 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Reckon most people have them pegged for Park or John Peel, I think they deserve to be on one of the big 2 personally. 

I don't really mind as long as long as they do another secret Crows Nest set, last year was bonkers paper gay.

Faaaaack i didn't know Gizz did a secret crows nest set! Which night was that and is there any footage? 

I've said this for the last few years but 2020 IS the year I make it up to Crows Nest for a night rather than making the pilgrimage to SE corner

Edit: got threads confused :D

Edited by Sundance

Just now, Sundance said:

Ha i just realised we're having 3 different conversations across two threads ? but also faaaaack i didn't know Gizz did a secret crows nest set! Which night was that and is there any footage? 

I've said this for the last few years but 2020 IS the year I make it up to Crows Nest for a night rather than making the pilgrimage to SE corner

Ahah yeah I think we replied in the same minute to each other in different threads. Clearly meant to be.

Yeah it was midnight on the Saturday in 2017, there might be bits floating round on youtube, was a bit hectic though. The band took up most the tent. 

I didn't make it to SE this year coz of the knackering heat, I normally camp near park so just went up to the crows nest a couple of nights and round random bars the other. Love it up there, great people, great bands, great view. The Squid/Black Midi b2b was a particular highlight. Slog up there though!

15 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Ahah yeah I think we replied in the same minute to each other in different threads. Clearly meant to be.

Yeah it was midnight on the Saturday in 2017, there might be bits floating round on youtube, was a bit hectic though. The band took up most the tent. 

I didn't make it to SE this year coz of the knackering heat, I normally camp near park so just went up to the crows nest a couple of nights and round random bars the other. Love it up there, great people, great bands, great view. The Squid/Black Midi b2b was a particular highlight. Slog up there though!

Ah i thought you meant 2019! The heat this year really took it out of me too. I came away feeling like I missed out on a lot because it was simply too hot to get across site (e.g. saw approximately 45 seconds of Sports Team after schlepping all the way over there from Paines ground before deciding that it was too much and I couldn't stand to be inside a moment longer).

Oh man you're killing me with this. Squid/black midi b2b sounds insane! Squid were another one I missed this year due to the heat. I realise this is the wrong thread but I thought the Williams Green line up this year was fantastic

25 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

MCR.

Ive heard some dates they are apparently doing and they bode well for a glasto appearance.

I haven’t heard they are doing glasto tho.

E10949C3-3C41-4F1A-ABA2-1F19806300AE.png

As much as I'd absolutely love that, Glastonbury probably isn't where they're gonna end up and I imagine if they're reforming it's 'cause they're skint and need some $$$

Hope this isn't another case of the fake out reunion hype of last time that just ended up being a reissue of The Black Parade. I mean, it IS ten years since they released their last album next year.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

As much as I'd absolutely love that, Glastonbury probably isn't where they're gonna end up and I imagine if they're reforming it's 'cause they're skint and need some $$$

Hope this isn't another case of the fake out reunion hype of last time that just ended up being a reissue of The Black Parade. I mean, it IS ten years since they released their last album next year.

I got told this morning before all this MCR hype went mad that they are doing a string of Euro festivals around glasto. I don’t think they will be at glasto but they aren’t exactly playing close to Reading if they are doing it.

48 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

MCR.

Ive heard some dates they are apparently doing and they bode well for a glasto appearance.

I haven’t heard they are doing glasto tho.

E10949C3-3C41-4F1A-ABA2-1F19806300AE.png

Read an interview with Gerard Way the other day in the Guardian and I did not get the vibe anything like this was on the cards.

Edit: oh I see they've actually announced, ignore me

Edited by MaxPower
I'm an idiot

13 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I got told this morning before all this MCR hype went mad that they are doing a string of Euro festivals around glasto. I don’t think they will be at glasto but they aren’t exactly playing close to Reading if they are doing it.

Reunion seemingly just confirmed. Still saying not a chance they;'ll be at Glastonbury,. but I'm hyped nonetheless, even if it does inevitably just end up being a quick cash grab kind of deal.

15 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Someone in the All Points East thread suggested them for a day there which would make sense if they're doing gigs with Goldenvoice.

1 hour ago, fingers_mark said:

Panic at the Disco, Jake Bugg, Boy Better Know.

I'm assuming you jest. Panic and BBK drew small crowds when they headlined Other. Perhaps Jake too, though I do think his star has faded quite a lot in recent years. BBK could come back I suppose, riding the positive wave from Stormz last time out.

If the festival can sell Other Stage headliner as a big enough gig to 1975/Foals etc then it would be a huge triumph. 1975/Foals, Metallica and A N Other would be massive for the 50th

Edited by TheNewUnion

7 minutes ago, TheNewUnion said:

I'm assuming you jest. Panic and BBK drew small crowds when they headlined Other. Perhaps Jake too, though I do think his star has faded quite a lot in recent years. BBK could come back I suppose, riding the positive wave from Stormz last time out.

If the festival can sell Other Stage headliner as a big enough gig to 1975/Foals etc then it would be a huge triumph. 1975/Foals, Metallica and A N Other would be massive for the 50th

In fairness Panic are a completely different beast now compared to 11 years ago. They'd fill the pyramid field now.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, priest17 said:

In fairness Panic are a completely different beast now compared to 11 years ago. They'd fill the pyramid field now.

Man I didn't know they still existed, and tbh I preferred it that way. 

Are they still playing the same kinda thing? Or have they changed their style. 

15 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Man I didn't know they still existed, and tbh I preferred it that way. 

Are they still playing the same kinda thing? Or have they changed their style. 

Nope. Only Brendon left as well. They wheel out a song from the first and a song of the second but they're not that band any more.

Headlined reading and Leeds I think, whatched the set on iPlayer after a few beers and it went down a treat with the crowd. I was even tapping my toes.

If you've avoided them for this long, you'll be alright I reckon.