Campervan Tickets / Worthy View - 21st Nov @ 7pm

JoeyT

I’m starting to worry about Worthy View ticket day! All other logistics for this trip have come together so well but we simply don’t have enough hands to lug camping gear as well as all our child’s stuff around the world with us. So I really hope to bank a humble two man scout tent ? 

Is this anxiety warranted???

2 minutes ago, Mark H said:

I’m starting to worry about Worthy View ticket day! All other logistics for this trip have come together so well but we simply don’t have enough hands to lug camping gear as well as all our child’s stuff around the world with us. So I really hope to bank a humble two man scout tent ? 

Is this anxiety warranted???

You should be ok. Everyone scrambles for the fancy tents first. If you go for the scout tent from the off you have a decent chance of scoring. That's based on anecdotal evidence. 

I have a question around campervans, call it campervan tickets for dummies

Am i right in saying you can have 1 tent pitched outside them i.e If I was to travel down with 2/3 friends who are staying in the campervan, I could pitch my tent next to it.. or have I understood that wrong?

8 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Am i right in saying you can have 1 tent pitched outside them i.e If I was to travel down with 2/3 friends who are staying in the campervan, I could pitch my tent next to it.. or have I understood that wrong?

You are correct.

50 minutes ago, mufcok said:

You can have as many tents around a campervan that will fit on the pitch. Some pitches can fit 2 or 3 tents, but one of the fields (I think the square to the north east of E24 and south east of E23) has a thin strip of pitches between a hedge and the roadway which has super small pitches - here you would be lucky to fit a reasonably sized tent.

However if your mates tell the marshalls that they need space for an awning then they should get space for a tent. 

3 hours ago, vardyvarvar said:

I’ve put this on another thread but will put it on here too...

I am not going for WV or campervan tickets this year but am available to help anyone that wants an extra person trying. First come first served!

I would really appreciate the help thanks if no one has taken you up on the offer yet? How would this work? Share my registration number in advance and stay linked up over WhatsApp/Facebook messenger for payment details?

Really kind of you to offer ?

Edited by Mark H

3 hours ago, vardyvarvar said:

I’ve put this on another thread but will put it on here too...

I am not going for WV or campervan tickets this year but am available to help anyone that wants an extra person trying. First come first served!

That's really kind of you and can see your offer has already been taken. 

Just a word of advice in case you've missed it. You can buy more than one ticket with one registration so make sure you have good communication channels so you don't end up with more than you need. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Mark H said:

I would really appreciate the help thanks if no one has taken you up on the offer yet? How would this work? Share my registration number in advance and stay linked up over WhatsApp/Facebook messenger for payment details?

Really kind of you to offer ?

For anyone buying cv tickets, they're not controlled like festival tickets, in that yes, you need to have a festival ticket to get one, and that you can only get 1 ticket per transaction - but multiple people could all get a ticket for the same person at the same time, and the cost of all that,so best to keep up to date with a group chat to stop multiple purchases.

1 hour ago, Bryanrebe said:

Does the page tend to crash like it does for ticket sales, or do you usually get straight in and then it's a fight to get your details in first?

Oh there be some crashes. No way near as bad as T-Day but it’s not a dead cert.

Lots of available options that vanish when you click next etc. Lots of Currently Unavailables that reappear.

My main tip is to have a 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th choice available and if you can’t stand the heat... go straight for the scout tents!

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, vardyvarvar said:

Oh there be some crashes. No way near as bad as T-Day but it’s not a dead cert.

Lots of available options that vanish when you click next etc. Lots of Currently Unavailables that reappear.

My main tip is to have a 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th choice available and if you can’t stand the heat... go straight for the scout tents!

We'll be going straight for two man scout. My husband and I had two laptops and my phone going on general sale (no luck with coach) and by some miracle I got through on my phone. Think we'll try our luck doing the same again.

3 minutes ago, Bryanrebe said:

We'll be going straight for two man scout. My husband and I had two laptops and my phone going on general sale (no luck with coach) and by some miracle I got through on my phone. Think we'll try our luck doing the same again.

Yeah I think you’ll be OK. No idea how the early coach sale will impact things this year but I have known far fewer WV disappointed people over recent years.

Good luck!

Hi all. Can anyone comment on how well the toilets are located at Worthy View? Looking at aerial photos of the site, it looks like there are thousands of tents and only one big toilet/shower block.

Is it a massive trek each time you need the loo or are there some strategically placed portaloos around?

Cheers,

12 hours ago, Mark H said:

Hi all. Can anyone comment on how well the toilets are located at Worthy View? Looking at aerial photos of the site, it looks like there are thousands of tents and only one big toilet/shower block.

Is it a massive trek each time you need the loo or are there some strategically placed portaloos around?

Cheers,

There are portaloos in each field in addition to the main block. To be honest there are still queues in the morning so you will still need your regular reserve of patience.