Campervan Tickets / Worthy View - 21st Nov @ 7pm

JoeyT

19 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

2 of my friends who were staying in East CV lost their tickets in 2019, they only had to queue up at the cabin once - they didn't have to do it every time they wanted to enter the festival. 

Yes - that's right.   You have to queue up at the box office and they would carry out checks and then give you a second wristband, which meant that you didn't need a ticket and pass out slip on future re-entry.

But it's a pain and takes quite some time, longer if there's a queue of people!

On 2/23/2020 at 5:41 PM, BlueDaze said:

I assume that the transfer buses from B&W go up the A371 and then along the A361 through Pilton to the Bus Station at Gate A per @Gnomicide map above..??

Normally they do, yes. Although they have also sent them down a track through B&W onto the A37 and up to the A361. 

1 hour ago, stuie said:

Yes - that's right.   You have to queue up at the box office and they would carry out checks and then give you a second wristband, which meant that you didn't need a ticket and pass out slip on future re-entry.

But it's a pain and takes quite some time, longer if there's a queue of people!

Why not just provide a second wristband from the outset?!

25 minutes ago, Jack The Stripper said:

Why not just provide a second wristband from the outset?!

I guess if you can get one wristband off a person and on to another then you can do the same with two?

That said, crew all had EPO wristbands last year which are scanned in and out and we were told that everyone would have them this year.   If that happens, there will be no need for tickets and pass out slips to be shown.

The EPO bands can't be scanned on the way in if they haven't been scanned out already which means that there's no way people could sneak wristbands out to get others without tickets in.

1 hour ago, stuie said:

I guess if you can get one wristband off a person and on to another then you can do the same with two?

That said, crew all had EPO wristbands last year which are scanned in and out and we were told that everyone would have them this year.   If that happens, there will be no need for tickets and pass out slips to be shown.

The EPO bands can't be scanned on the way in if they haven't been scanned out already which means that there's no way people could sneak wristbands out to get others without tickets in.

That would be awesome, really hope they do this for the campervanners and other onoffsite people

2 hours ago, stuie said:

Do you reckon it was a trial run, with the EPO wristbands possibly extended to all? Seems to make sense, a more secure and convenient system, subject to the extra cost of these wristbands

11 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Do you reckon it was a trial run, with the EPO wristbands possibly extended to all? Seems to make sense, a more secure and convenient system, subject to the extra cost of these wristbands

The extra cost of the wristband itself is trivial. Maybe 2 pence per person - Maybe.

The bigger cost is the infrastructure - The scanners, wifi, etc at each of the (20ish) gates, with spare scanners and/or batteries will amount to quite a lot - however if they're doing it for staff, then the bulk of that cost is already sunk so they might as well go wider.

2 hours ago, stuie said:

That said, crew all had EPO wristbands last year which are scanned in and out and we were told that everyone would have them this year.   If that happens, there will be no need for tickets and pass out slips to be shown

This is all OK if the infrastructure is bullet proof , all it would take is one gate to go down and the hole system is fooked

And as far as I know the EPO scanning was brought in to combat a specific problem

Edited by DeadAmos

There have definitely been problems with fake wristbands in the past. If they can have the scanning system pull up the photo registered with it then it would eliminate anyone getting in without a real ticket, or any other scams.
There is definitely the potential for carnage if the system went down though!

3 hours ago, morph100 said:

That would be awesome, really hope they do this for the campervanners and other onoffsite people

I don’t think there’s a way to separate the CV field people from general camping... people aren’t all named and stay in tents next to caravans etc. 

I guess they could just do worthy view and stickinch though.

3 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Thats what we were told - if it worked then it would be rolled out this year. 

2 hours ago, DeadAmos said:

This is all OK if the infrastructure is bullet proof , all it would take is one gate to go down and the hole system is fooked

And as far as I know the EPO scanning was brought in to combat a specific problem

It was bought in last year for people that aren’t issued tickets to solve the problem of extra people getting in on crew bands. 

The infrastructure worked well but we were told if it went down to act normal and keep scanning because if word got out it was broken, the weaknesses returned!