Campervan Tickets / Worthy View - 21st Nov @ 7pm

JoeyT

22 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

They are still on sale, don’t remember in the past them being available for so long after the initial sell out   Surely more pitches than ever are available? 

I would think that it's a combination of nobody really wanting them 'cos it's miles away from the festival and that  they've read the many posts in various places online that say that East CV tickets are easy to get after the resale.

46 minutes ago, Jack The Stripper said:

So what happens if you lose your ticket at some stage, and therefore can’t show it in and out of the camper van fields? Also, is the trek that horrific to east?

I’d reckon East walking times to Gate C are from 3 mins, top of hill of death, to maybe 30-40 mins at the furthest spot. 

losing your ticket is disastrous, you need ticket, wristband and pass out (to return in), without any of them you’ve up against the odds to get in and out. I guess some have sorted it out at the festival office?

3 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I’d reckon East walking times to Gate C are from 3 mins, top of hill of death, to maybe 30-40 mins at the furthest spot. 

losing your ticket is disastrous, you need ticket, wristband and pass out (to return in), without any of them you’ve up against the odds to get in and out. I guess some have sorted it out at the festival office?

Thanks. Starting to regret our groups decision to get a camper van now 😂

12 minutes ago, Jack The Stripper said:

Thanks. Starting to regret our groups decision to get a camper van now 😂

Depends when you can get in, we go for entry Tuesday 8am when it often opens, and get within 10 mins of the gate, have a chilled out day then there’s a party atmosphere on top of the hill of death, with a super view of the site, so I really like the Tuesday in CV East

Edited by Avalon_Fields

1 minute ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Depends when you can get in, we go for entry Tuesday 8am when in often opens, and get within 10 mins of the gate, have a chilled out day then there’s a party atmosphere on top of the hill of death, with a super view of the site, so I really like the Tuesday in CV East

Annoyingly, we cant get there until early on the Weds,  so presumably will be quite far back. 
You’d have thought they could manage passing in and out with an alternative wristband or something?

Edited by Jack The Stripper

16 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

i would recommend taking photos of your groups tickets andsharing in case of loss...

Now i am NOT positive that this would make a masive difference but i do know that without that, one of our group was quized in the security cabin for the best part of an hour on all sorts of nonsense in the locale of his registered postcode...

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jack The Stripper said:

Annoyingly, we cant get there until early on the Weds,  so presumably will be quite far back. 
You’d have thought they could manage passing in and out with an alternative wristband or something?

with regards positioning... same answer as  over here :

5 hours ago, Johnnyseven said:

I would think that it's a combination of nobody really wanting them 'cos it's miles away from the festival and that  they've read the many posts in various places online that say that East CV tickets are easy to get after the resale.

I do wonder if they are going to substantially increase the number of spaces available in Bath & West to accomodate the switch from CV West to become pre-erected camping (now Sticklinch)...?

Although the website quotes : "Additional campervan pitches will be available on the East of the site, and at the Bath & West Showground to accommodate the displaced campervans and caravans."

It is likely easier in B&W as it is set-up for it and it may well help with improved traffic flow as you wont have everyone queueing down (or up) Pylle Lane and the A37...

I assume that the transfer buses from B&W go up the A371 and then along the A361 through Pilton to the Bus Station at Gate A per @Gnomicide map above..??

On 2/23/2020 at 3:36 PM, Jack The Stripper said:

So what happens if you lose your ticket at some stage, and therefore can’t show it in and out of the camper van fields? Also, is the trek that horrific to east?

I wasn't in the campervan fields last year but lost my ticket going to help my friend get some of her gear from her car, it must have fallen out of my pocket during the walk somehow.

I did get back into the festival but it took nearly an hour queuing at the little cabin  (box office) at gate C who had no computers and basically were calling seetickets to confirm all of my personal details and trust me they went through literally everything. I was just relieved to get back in tbh, although there were a lot of people queuing up that clearly didn't have tickets as they didn't have a wristband, ticket or a pass out...

There was a guy I was chatting to who was in the campervan fields who had lost his and he had to go through that process every time he had to go into the festival which sounded like an absolute nightmare, this was only Thursday so I've no idea how much time he wasted trying to get himself in.

In short, if you lose your ticket you can get back in but it's a massive pain in the arse

23 minutes ago, carrie2 said:

I've just received an email saying we can't switch to East and that getting one in April is my best bet and they're processing the refund. I think the Bath and West ones have been on sale all weekend as we purchased ours on Saturday 

Can you buy an East and then get your B&W refund? That is what I am hoping for perhaps I should email Mark at see tickets and confirm that this is the case. Like you I bought one in the hope that I could swap them. I will post here to see what he says.

5 hours ago, the_arsonist said:

There was a guy I was chatting to who was in the campervan fields who had lost his and he had to go through that process every time he had to go into the festival which sounded like an absolute nightmare, this was only Thursday so I've no idea how much time he wasted trying to get himself in.

In short, if you lose your ticket you can get back in but it's a massive pain in the arse

2 of my friends who were staying in East CV lost their tickets in 2019, they only had to queue up at the cabin once - they didn't have to do it every time they wanted to enter the festival.