Campervan Tickets / Worthy View - 21st Nov @ 7pm

JoeyT

4 hours ago, HattersBoy said:

Don't remind me of the mud in the tent debacle in 2016, its taken me 3 years to persuade Mrs HB to go next year. WV seems a good candidate as its one of the nearest to the site itself and I preferred the south side of the site.

Thanks again for the info and I shall be on the look out for a dodgy cock and balls walking around the site, if you're in WV look for the blue tarpaulin to distinguish the tent in my drunken state.

2016 killed off a few of our group (harder to convince them to go back when travelling from overseas).

2017 and 2019 were glorious though, so fingers crossed for next year to be the same!

Ha, unfortunately we're ticketless this year, hopefully the resale gods will be kind. Hopefully see you there! :)

3 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Ha, unfortunately we're ticketless this year, hopefully the resale gods will be kind. Hopefully see you there! :)

Sorry to hear that, I have just volunteered my services for the resale day so hopefully I can be of assistance, was able to get tickets for someone in 2016 so fingers crossed for you  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, waynewdk said:

So last night I got  2 x scout tents, on the details page for each tent it had a group name box, so in each box I wrote my surname, am I right in thinking they will group these two together in the field, or do you have to ring them for them to do that?

was a bit of a panic when I got through so didn’t read everything thoroughly

Thanks in advance

They will group your tents together if you’ve entered a group name. It’s a really cool service.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Johnnyseven said:

Can anyone tell me how well the Scout Tents can handle the heat when the sun comes up on the morning?

Lovely and cool. Have done WV every year since 2014. You can lie in comfortably, unlike a normal tent which turns into an oven after 8am (I was on main site in 2010 ?)

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

No.  That’s just the wristband there.  Remember the car park is easily accessible from the surrounding countryside so I suppose that’s why the ticket check. 

Fair dos. When I stopped there in the past the wristband check from the car park gave a new definition to the word cursory.

Hi,

Looking for a little help with a bit of a crappy situation! We were lucky enough to secure tickets for Glastonbury, and to secure 2 x pre-erected campervans. However, we were only able to get 1 x campervan parking pass in the sale last Thursday. So now we are stuck with an extra campervan, and nowhere to park it, and a huge fee for cancellation. I was told that we could alternatively have the campervan parked at another campsite outside the festival (e.g. Love Fields, etc.), but these are quite expensive. Anyone have any clever suggestions, or perhaps have a campervan parking pass who is still looking for a campervan?

Thanks! Kat

1 hour ago, KatrinaP said:

Hi,

Looking for a little help with a bit of a crappy situation! We were lucky enough to secure tickets for Glastonbury, and to secure 2 x pre-erected campervans. However, we were only able to get 1 x campervan parking pass in the sale last Thursday. So now we are stuck with an extra campervan, and nowhere to park it, and a huge fee for cancellation. I was told that we could alternatively have the campervan parked at another campsite outside the festival (e.g. Love Fields, etc.), but these are quite expensive. Anyone have any clever suggestions, or perhaps have a campervan parking pass who is still looking for a campervan?

Thanks! Kat

Camper van tickets will be back on sale in the Spring resale!

On 11/22/2019 at 4:48 PM, The Red Telephone said:

Fair dos. When I stopped there in the past the wristband check from the car park gave a new definition to the word cursory.

Don’t lose your ticket in car park like I did last year though!

Was trapped outside for a good hour to convince them to let me back in 

(miraculously I found my ticket on Monday morning when leaving just in the field under a random car wheel nowhere near where I parked!) 

46 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Quick question... I booked two tents and used a group name. My mate also booked two using the same group name. Will we all be together or do I need to email WV to ask?

My friend has also booked accomodation at Worthy View, can we be next to each other?
We can only accommodate group requests for scout tents, for those who are in the same sized accommodation and who used the ‘Group Name’ facility at the point of booking (for example, with the whole party in 2 person scout tents and all using the Group Name ‘Carnival’). Where possible the Festival will endeavour to meet requests for friends and family groups to be located together as long as the booking is for the same accommodation type, however this service cannot be guaranteed. Different types of tent, even on the same booking, can not be grouped together. 

18 minutes ago, stuie said:

My friend has also booked accomodation at Worthy View, can we be next to each other?
We can only accommodate group requests for scout tents, for those who are in the same sized accommodation and who used the ‘Group Name’ facility at the point of booking (for example, with the whole party in 2 person scout tents and all using the Group Name ‘Carnival’). Where possible the Festival will endeavour to meet requests for friends and family groups to be located together as long as the booking is for the same accommodation type, however this service cannot be guaranteed. Different types of tent, even on the same booking, can not be grouped together. 

Ta muchly, just sent them an email asking for it. Should hopefully be fine.

• 1 month later...
On 11/12/2019 at 3:20 PM, Johnnyseven said:

You can have as many tents around a campervan that will fit on the pitch. Some pitches can fit 2 or 3 tents, but one of the fields (I think the square to the north east of E24 and south east of E23) has a thin strip of pitches between a hedge and the roadway which has super small pitches - here you would be lucky to fit a reasonably sized tent.

However if your mates tell the marshalls that they need space for an awning then they should get space for a tent. 

I have another question around this if anyone can help, I'm a complete novice when it comes to campervans.

It looks like our situation is gonna be 4 campervan's going and we're gonna have at least 4 people travelling who will need to camp outside of the vans (muggins here been 1 of those), possibly even 5 or 6 to camp outside.

Three of the vans going are 6 berths as far as I'm aware, are those likely to just fit 1 tent outside within the standard pitch or is 2 tents outside realistic should we need that? (Tents will probably be standard sized 3 manners).

I'm just getting nightmares of tents going up outside then have to come back down due to space and Tuesday night turning into a nightmare.

1 hour ago, mufcok said:

I have another question around this if anyone can help, I'm a complete novice when it comes to campervans.

It looks like our situation is gonna be 4 campervan's going and we're gonna have at least 4 people travelling who will need to camp outside of the vans (muggins here been 1 of those), possibly even 5 or 6 to camp outside.

Three of the vans going are 6 berths as far as I'm aware, are those likely to just fit 1 tent outside within the standard pitch or is 2 tents outside realistic should we need that? (Tents will probably be standard sized 3 manners).

I'm just getting nightmares of tents going up outside then have to come back down due to space and Tuesday night turning into a nightmare.

Will all the vans be travelling together? If so just tell the marshalls that you need space for x number of tents and they should be able to sort you out. We've never had issue for 3 or 4 tents around 3 campervans.

28 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

Will all the vans be travelling together? If so just tell the marshalls that you need space for x number of tents and they should be able to sort you out. We've never had issue for 3 or 4 tents around 3 campervans.

I think they'll be separate to be honest, 2 of them may possibly be together. But that's how it works then, just tell the mashall's on the way in that you'll need space for x amount of tents around the campervan/s? (providing it isn't taking the piss)

20 hours ago, mufcok said:

I think they'll be separate to be honest, 2 of them may possibly be together. But that's how it works then, just tell the mashall's on the way in that you'll need space for x amount of tents around the campervan/s? (providing it isn't taking the piss)

Yep, as long as you're not taking the piss you should be ok. If the worst comes to the worst you could always camp on site, on the bright side of that you won't have to endure the massive trek to/from the CV fields each day! 

• Upvote 1

Can anyone shed any light on the WV resales? 

Long story short, the wife and I didn't try for tickets in Oct as we were meant to be busy with other things but life had other plans so we're now going to try in the resale for tickets. We've done the last 6 festivals at WV so would also like to get a scout tent if we are successful in the resale but I can't remember anything about resales for WV?

Thanks in advance :)