Campervan Tickets / Worthy View - 21st Nov @ 7pm

JoeyT

13 hours ago, DarrenVonBoathook said:

hmm. Not great.

Finally got through and could only choose Bath and West CV ticket which I booked against my registration number.

Then kept refreshing until CV East showed up as having tickets available again and put in Ms DVB's registration number and clicked proceed and put in my card details.

I then got a message saying:

"Unable to Accept payment. We're really sorry, but unfortunately, we are unable to accept the payment or address you have provided. You may only purchase ONE campervan with you registration".

This happened to me, a mate helping us remotely, and Ms DVB a further five times. We tried different payment cards, it wasn't those. We were on different computers so it wasn't a cookie or caching issue. We definitely used Ms DVBs registration number not mine. The only common thing is our address.

So what rule have we run up against here? Only one campervan ticket for a given address? 

Does this mean when we try for a CV East ticket in the resales, I have to return the B&W ticket first and gamble on getting one in CVEast?

Puzzled (and not wanting to be in B&W)...

I can't help with the technical stuff, but i can say that B&W really isn't that bad at all. A really regular coach service that takes 15 minutes tops. Onsite loos and even showers, although the queue can be a bit long. 

The food onsite was limited but all in all, don't stress B&W works really well and everyone i met there was really freindly. You will have a blast regardless. 

39 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

Stayed in one in 2016 and they were absolutely fine for us. Took a large rucksack each, a big bag of booze and another large bag and had plenty of room to sleep. Good thing about WV is that the car park is so close you can return anything you’re not using easily enough and free up some space.

As someone said, take something to put on the ground in the porch area for shoes/ waterproofs etc. Was much needed in 2016!

Do you have to show your ticket on each journey to the car? Am thinking of doing a daily trip so as not to have to worry about bringing to much to the tent. Also could I put up a tarpaulin sheet over the porch for more protection?

13 minutes ago, HattersBoy said:

Do you have to show your ticket on each journey to the car? Am thinking of doing a daily trip so as not to have to worry about bringing to much to the tent. Also could I put up a tarpaulin sheet over the porch for more protection?

protection from what?

you probably could, assuming you can manage to fix it to it, but I don't know why you would want to, can't remember seeing anyone with any over theirs before.

the tent material is fairly thick, not like regular nylon tents, more of a heavy canvas type:

i0WywJL.jpg

Edited by ghostdancer1

2 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

protection from what?

you probably could, assuming you can manage to fix it to it, but I don't know why you would want to, can't remember seeing anyone with any over theirs before.

the tent material is fairly thick, not like regular nylon tents:

i0WywJL.jpg

Was going to say protection from the elements, my only knowledge of Glastonbury is 2016 so surely it will be better. Those tents look OK and spacious should be fine but do they all come with the big black Mr Man standing outside? 

Had a go at tipis yesterday... desperately refreshing even when they sold out! Suddenly one appeared - but alas - I was not quick enough!

❤️ Thankfully my friend got worthy view without me knowing. Been in tipis once before and although there are pros and cons to both - I thiiink I still prefer tipis.

34 minutes ago, HattersBoy said:

Sure you could put up a tarpaulin- if anything it would make your tent a bit more indentifiable from the others! But not needed, as tents are well-made and waterproof.

You give your ticket up when you arrive at WV in exchange for a wristband. There is a separate  re-entry gate for when you pop back to the car and your wristband is checked. Never experienced any queues.

9 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

Sure you could put up a tarpaulin- if anything it would make your tent a bit more indentifiable from the others! But not needed, as tents are well-made and waterproof.

You give your ticket up when you arrive at WV in exchange for a wristband. There is a separate  re-entry gate for when you pop back to the car and your wristband is checked. Never experienced any queues.

Thanks for that does seem worth it just to not have to lug loads of gear across the site. 

30 minutes ago, HattersBoy said:

Was going to say protection from the elements, my only knowledge of Glastonbury is 2016 so surely it will be better. Those tents look OK and spacious should be fine but do they all come with the big black Mr Man standing outside? 

Do u mean put it down on the ground as a extra ground sheet in the porch

32 minutes ago, SeaBear said:

Had a go at tipis yesterday... desperately refreshing even when they sold out! Suddenly one appeared - but alas - I was not quick enough!

❤️ Thankfully my friend got worthy view without me knowing. Been in tipis once before and although there are pros and cons to both - I thiiink I still prefer tipis.

I'd be interested to know your experience with tipis if you'd be willing to share? I couldn't find a huge amount of recent stuff online!

1 hour ago, HattersBoy said:

we had no problems in 2016, tent was dry all weekend. the biggest hassle was making sure not to get mud into the tent itself! Although walkways between tents were still pretty mud-free thankfully, main walkways were mucky but not as bad as inside the fence.

(just realised I should have put another black blob to the right of him to make it look like a cock and balls, damn it!)

4 minutes ago, HattersBoy said:

When can you buy the parking passes for WV?

I think they're available when doing the ticket balance in March, and any time after that.

Edited by ghostdancer1

8 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

we had no problems in 2016, tent was dry all weekend. the biggest hassle was making sure not to get mud into the tent itself! Although walkways between tents were still pretty mud-free thankfully, main walkways were mucky but not as bad as inside the fence.

(just realised I should have put another black blob to the right of him to make it look like a cock and balls, damn it!)

I think they're available when doing the ticket balance in March, and any time after that.

Don't remind me of the mud in the tent debacle in 2016, its taken me 3 years to persuade Mrs HB to go next year. WV seems a good candidate as its one of the nearest to the site itself and I preferred the south side of the site.

Thanks again for the info and I shall be on the look out for a dodgy cock and balls walking around the site, if you're in WV look for the blue tarpaulin to distinguish the tent in my drunken state.

9 hours ago, H.M.V said:

think the prime real estate location is the main appeal isn't it? They also have showers and toilets and doesn't look overcrowded. But sounds like the tipis themselves are basic so you still have to bring all your comforts. 

Would love to try it one year. 

I tried it in 2007 when they first did them they weren't monsoon proof ? the toilets were ok ish and the showers worked one random time one night thankfully after my poor husband had fully fallen on his back in the mud so he went in clothes and all and washed up! It was our first Glasto and we've been going whenever we manage tickets but back then the cost was £1500 ish I think but this also included 6 tickets so time has certainly changed. I have access problems now so can't do the tipi again and managed to get a camper pass thank goodness.

First time in WV this year. I've camped next to my mates' CV in East CV for the last few years, i'm looking forward to staying on a different side to the festival for a change!

Can anyone tell me how well the Scout Tents can handle the heat when the sun comes up on the morning? My memories from my days in the Scouts tell me things stay nice and cool inside, but then they may not be made of canvas with the same thickness.

Edited by Johnnyseven

So last night I got  2 x scout tents, on the details page for each tent it had a group name box, so in each box I wrote my surname, am I right in thinking they will group these two together in the field, or do you have to ring them for them to do that?

was a bit of a panic when I got through so didn’t read everything thoroughly

Thanks in advance

Edited by waynewdk

2 hours ago, HattersBoy said:

Yes, ticket and wristband this year.  The previous time we stayed they took the ticket off you and all you had was the wristband. It’s a short walk to the car which is a great advantage for resupplying!  You don’t need a tarpaulin but take a piece of groundsheet with you for the porch. Good for changing shoes etc so you don’t bring dirt into the inner tent. 

2 hours ago, SouthbanKen said:

I can't help with the technical stuff, but i can say that B&W really isn't that bad at all. A really regular coach service that takes 15 minutes tops. Onsite loos and even showers, although the queue can be a bit long. 

The food onsite was limited but all in all, don't stress B&W works really well and everyone i met there was really freindly. You will have a blast regardless. 

Hi, thanks for that reply. That's reassuring to know.

13 minutes ago, harleyjakerich said:

Long time forum lurker and recently just signed up, managed to just bag 2x scout tents at WV and am interested in this also.

Was informed on this great forum that the option will appear when you pay the balance in April. BTW welcome, I'm a semi lurker, went dark after 2016 cos I had no ticket but excitement building for next year.