Campervan Tickets / Worthy View - 21st Nov @ 7pm

JoeyT

2 hours ago, BluePaul said:

We had that. What happens is the payment page pre-populates with the registration details. If they differ from payment card details it rejects the transaction. You needed to change the details on the payment page to match the payment card. Took me a lot of rejects before I twigged!

I don’t think this is right. I bought a friend a ticket on my credit card without changing any of the address details.

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated.

I was trying to use my payment cards, rather than Ms DVBs. In the past I have bought tickets for others on my card before and never had a problem, so it didn't occur to me that might be the issue. In a banzi panic ticket day mode I must have missed the pre filled name thing and just copied and pasted in my card numbers etc into the blank bits and ended up with a mismatch on card details.

Anyone got a screen shot of todays payment page? I don't remember where the pre filled name bit was! You would have thought I would know by now but the stress of Tday is something else... Got to get it right for resale day.

Interested how Brave Sir Robin managed it though, in case it was another issue rather than a name mismatch.  

Edited by DarrenVonBoathook

1 hour ago, Slugworth said:

Can someone explain the Tipi appeal? Are there separate areas in each one or is everyone in one together?

I think the prime real estate location is the main appeal isn't it? They also have showers and toilets and doesn't look overcrowded. But sounds like the tipis themselves are basic so you still have to bring all your comforts. 

Would love to try it one year. 

for anyone that missed out on a campervan ticket - do NOT worry. :) 

This year there were a number of resales of CV tickets in may, and at least one of them had the tickets on sale for a couple of hours. A friend got one without any trouble.

I reckon lots of cv tickets get bought by friends for their friend without a ticket, and then get returned and refunded when they don't get an entrance ticket in the resale.

9 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

I don’t think this is right. I bought a friend a ticket on my credit card without changing any of the address details.

I really don't know then Robin - might have ben coincidence.  Were you trying for camper van or WV?  Was that the difference I wonder?

7 hours ago, Slugworth said:

Can someone explain the Tipi appeal? Are there separate areas in each one or is everyone in one together?

It’s the location, and the fact they look pretty iconic I think helps their appeal.  They’ve got decent space, hot showers (although you’ll still have to queue for a while when it’s busy), and their own cafe / bar tent. But it’s more the fact you can listen to the park stage from your tipi and be in amongst it less than 5 minutes later. 

It can still be a massive trek from the car park tho so would recommend packing light 

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

This year there were a number of resales of CV tickets in may, and at least one of them had the tickets on sale for a couple of hours. A friend got one without any trouble.

I reckon lots of cv tickets get bought by friends for their friend without a ticket, and then get returned and refunded when they don't get an entrance ticket in the resale.

Do East quiet pop back up too? Assuming this would be less likely than the other types.

12 hours ago, Bryanrebe said:

The 2 man scouts look like they don't have a heck of a lot of room for bags. Has anyone stayed in one before?

Stayed in one in 2016 and they were absolutely fine for us. Took a large rucksack each, a big bag of booze and another large bag and had plenty of room to sleep. Good thing about WV is that the car park is so close you can return anything you’re not using easily enough and free up some space.

As someone said, take something to put on the ground in the porch area for shoes/ waterproofs etc. Was much needed in 2016!

14 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

Good thing about WV is that the car park is so close you can return anything you’re not using easily enough and free up some space

As we're coming from overseas we'll be getting the coach so won't have that extra luxury sadly.

Hey, maybe we'll make friends with people who will let is store stuff in their car, but it doesn't sound like we'll need it!

1 minute ago, Bryanrebe said:

As we're coming from overseas we'll be getting the coach so won't have that extra luxury sadly.

Hey, maybe we'll make friends with people who will let is store stuff in their car, but it doesn't sound like we'll need it!

Ah, you’ll be fine...the view from where the bar is  at WV over the rest of the sight is mega ?

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

just for reference, in May 2019 there were CV resales on the following dates:-

Friday 17th May; onsale: around 16.07; offsale around 18.00.
Monday 20th May: onsale around midday; offsale around 5pm.

What would be the best way to receive notification of these resales, given that checkpage, followthatpage etc are seemingly blocked?

I know folk posted up on here before, but with a relatively small window of opportunity, that could easily be missed. 

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Thank you. I know this deep down, but it would have been nice to get sorted straight away. Fingers crossed - I dont think my wife will forgive me if I make her camp! :D