Campervan Tickets / Worthy View - 21st Nov @ 7pm

JoeyT

10 minutes ago, hez said:

Thought the ticket had to match your festival ticket though? I.e. name and address as they aren't technically transferable?

Does that mean we can't camp together? I.e. are they separate entrances and fields or could the one with quiet ticket say they are with us and join us in normal?

Panicking a bit!

No worries at all it will be fine, they don’t care that much. My mate got a normal and wanted a quiet one so would swap but it’s linked to ticket. 
you all go in the same way they just direct you once in but if you go in convoy you will be fine and will be together

7 minutes ago, CTO said:

Ummm, which one did you want to be in? We have one quiet and one general between two groups of us......

we would prefer two quiet....

They are linked to your tickets and have names/address on etc so wouldn't be able to swap unfortunately. Thanks though!

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

now thats just showing off :) nice 1 

Just now, douglasmanso said:

congrats! i've been able to manage tipis in the last years and its a good one , even better if you're going with a large group! Unfortunately it didn't work out this year...but we're still going to glasto at least ?

Thank you! Yeah we have a big group and half are Thursday coach goers (and newbies) so mostly pleased for them. I managed to get through at 7:01 and then 7:15 - I kept clicking back and forward for a long time until another came available, a ticket day tip I learnt on here! 

4 minutes ago, morph100 said:

No worries at all it will be fine, they don’t care that much. My mate got a normal and wanted a quiet one so would swap but it’s linked to ticket. 
you all go in the same way they just direct you once in but if you go in convoy you will be fine and will be together

Ah ok thanks for confirming. Having a bit of a panic here, but I tend to overthink these things!

So not worth trying to get another one in a resale so that we both have the same?

Edited by hez

9 minutes ago, hez said:

They are linked to your tickets and have names/address on etc so wouldn't be able to swap unfortunately. Thanks though!

True that

However, if you vaguely coordinate arriving, one jumps in one van, one jumps in the other, then swap once through the gate and heading in the right direction :)

That was my thoughts, awaits edumucationalising as to why that's not a goer :)

I got a tipi, (I'M SO HAPPY, I REALLY WANTED IT WOHOOOO!) but I was able to just buy one - I thought it was 2 max? Or that was the deal just for Worthy View and Sticklinch? 

Anyway on the other note something happened which in my honest opinion should not be allowed to happen by the system. Since my bank card was used in my group for everything, another person got through Sticklinch camping, but since my card was used she for some reason did put my registration details in as well. So now there's a Tipi and a 4-person lodge in Sticklinch under my registration which should not even be possible!? You can't really transfer the ticket so I'll probably have to cancel Sticklinch one, I'm sorry for her and I'm sorry for the random stranger who was unable to get the tent cause of it.. Anybody faced similar situation before? 

4 of us trying manged to get 1 tipi. By the time any of us got in to see a booking page it was 10 minutes in and tipis showing as sold out but I knew from this forum to keep everyone hitting f5 and sure enough they would become available then disappear every now and again. Eventually one of us got a hold of one long enough to book and now we got one! We are all very excited! 

Thanks again to this forum for always providing great advice!  

7 minutes ago, waynewdk said:

Had to settle for 2 x 4 man tents between 4 of us so a pod each, are they bigger than your standard 4 man tents, anyone got any photos inside or of the entrance, other than the stock photo on the site

Scout or Bell?

either way you’ve got loads of space! A bit more height space in bell but the scout has a porch area which I prefer 

They went fast, much faster than I was expecting.

5 of us heading from Dublin in two campers,  we were looking for quiet east seeing as they got rid of west. Got one in quiet section and one in regular east. Think we got lucky. Vans were already booked so its all official now road trip to Somerset in June 2020!

20 minutes ago, sophiemarie said:

Bloody hell, that was pandemonium! 

Managed 2 x 4-person tents in Worthy View! But the lead booker is now going to stay in a Campervan... Does she need to be there to check us into Worthy View?

Yes but I would contact them nearer the time. Seetickets have been surprisingly quite flexible re: WV in my experience about adjusting details 

43 minutes ago, One Tonne Baby said:

Got through about 7.10 but everything i selected went by the time i pressed buy tickets.

Ended up getting what looked like 2 of the last 4 man bell tents. Never stayed at WV so excited and also worried about the hill/the distance but it'll be a new experience.

Hill isn’t too bad especially if like me you only walk up it once when coming back. Notice it much less with a few drinks in you!

The entrance from WV into festival site is right by stone circle / strummerville - good location in my opinion unless you want to spend a lot of time at John Peel!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, carrie2 said:

I'm a moron of the highest order and completely forgot to try for a campervan ticket until right this minute! boo! ?

Hows the campervan ticket resale usually, does anyone know?

Fairly easy in the resale and they appear sporadically for weeks after, i would not worry

Edited by Upside down frowner

hmm. Not great.

Finally got through and could only choose Bath and West CV ticket which I booked against my registration number.

Then kept refreshing until CV East showed up as having tickets available again and put in Ms DVB's registration number and clicked proceed and put in my card details.

I then got a message saying:

"Unable to Accept payment. We're really sorry, but unfortunately, we are unable to accept the payment or address you have provided. You may only purchase ONE campervan with you registration".

This happened to me, a mate helping us remotely, and Ms DVB a further five times. We tried different payment cards, it wasn't those. We were on different computers so it wasn't a cookie or caching issue. We definitely used Ms DVBs registration number not mine. The only common thing is our address.

So what rule have we run up against here? Only one campervan ticket for a given address? 

Does this mean when we try for a CV East ticket in the resales, I have to return the B&W ticket first and gamble on getting one in CVEast?

Puzzled (and not wanting to be in B&W)...

2 minutes ago, RaphPH said:

Am in Peru and just literally climbed up Machu Piccu and Wayna Piccu and had to race down for 2pm Peru time to book Worthy View. Got through after 25 mins on my 4G roaming in Peru at base of Machu Piccu. Harder than climbing the mountain ! 

prize for most beautiful booking location goes to :) and getting in some mountaineering practise for the climb too :) 

Edited by crazyfool1