Campervan Tickets / Worthy View - 21st Nov @ 7pm

JoeyT

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

just in case you've not seen it in the other thread, West campervan field is no more. The field is being used for pre-pitched camping.

So it's everyone in East or Bath & West.

What’s the walk from here to festival please? Where do you enter the main festival site?

Will there be same facilities as WV? Not very clear on website ? 

5 minutes ago, kevbizarre said:

What’s the walk from here to festival please? Where do you enter the main festival site?

Will there be same facilities as WV? Not very clear on website ? 

Same facilities as WV but seems only a limited  number of 2 man scout tents , seem to concentrate on the bell tents. Pods, yurts etc. Good for those who don’t fancy the hill walk to WV. 

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Same facilities as WV but seems only a limited  number of 2 man scout tents , seem to concentrate on the bell tents. Pods, yurts etc. Good for those who don’t fancy the hill walk to WV. 

Cheers - I’ve never really minded the hill but going back in the day wasn’t really possible at WV. Just wondered if it would be much easier for that in this new location? On the map it seems to be right by Cinemarggedon? Paths not that clear on map can you walk straight from there into Park/Arcadia area?

Just now, kevbizarre said:

Cheers - I’ve never really minded the hill but going back in the day wasn’t really possible at WV. Just wondered if it would be much easier for that in this new location? On the map it seems to be right by Cinemarggedon? Paths not that clear on map can you walk straight from there into Park/Arcadia area?

Just look at the camper van west field on current map , that’s it. 

Yeah, the major selling point is that there is no hill, its just the trek to get anywhere from that area. So a solid 30 minutes just to even get back to Arcadia right? I recall it taking me a good 20 mins from my camp spot in Oxlyers to Cineramageddon, and that was with zero rain or mud. So easily another 10 mins from there heading west. 

I wonder how many people will change their preference just on this change now. You can either be that far out west, or but above everything and walk down and be right in the action in a short time.

Edited by Suprefan

1 minute ago, Suprefan said:

Yeah, the major selling point is that there is no hill, its just the trek to get anywhere from that area. So a solid 30 minutes just to even get back to Arcadia right? I recall it taking me a good 20 mins from my camp spot in Oxlyers to Cineramageddon, and that was with zero rain or mud. So easily another 10 mins from there heading west. 

Ok that is long! WV down the hill is 5-10 minutes and you’re by strummerville. The WV car park is really easy too so wonder how the new one will compare? Will it be a car park that is used for regular campers too? Does sound like this a geared towards to coach ticketers as the bus transfers can be a nightmare to WV

8 minutes ago, kevbizarre said:

Ok that is long! WV down the hill is 5-10 minutes and you’re by strummerville. The WV car park is really easy too so wonder how the new one will compare? Will it be a car park that is used for regular campers too? Does sound like this a geared towards to coach ticketers as the bus transfers can be a nightmare to WV

Yes, reckon if I had a coach ticket and wanted a pre erected tent this would be better than WV. Bus transfer would as you say be easier

7 minutes ago, kevbizarre said:

Says that the Sticklinch car park will be adjacent to the new camping area. Thats also another good point is that if you take the coach and dont Have to worry  about being shuttled over and such. But who knows. As long as it gives better odds on thursday, im ok with the expansion. 

3 minutes ago, Havors said:

Yeah super short notice... got people panicking now which to go for...

exactly, and not even posting it on social media right now will surprise some people thursday when they likely remind everyone about the sale and mention these changes. I think a big factor is that sticklinch is going to have mostly larger accomodations so thats going to ease anyone that thought there would be less bells and pods avail after the coach sale.

So had a look at the updated accommodation options, WV now has no bell pads, pods,  yurts etc, just tents. So I would assume they have increased the number of scout tents. The other types of accommodation are only available at the Sticklinch site along with some scout tents.looks like for coach arrivals it would be easier to get to the new site. Also if arriving by car you might not have to do that wacky races journey through the Somerset lanes to get to WV. 

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

So had a look at the updated accommodation options, WV now has no bell pads, pods,  yurts etc, just tents. So I would assume they have increased the number of scout tents. The other types of accommodation are only available at the Sticklinch site along with some scout tents.looks like for coach arrivals it would be easier to get to the new site. Also if arriving by car you might not have to do that wacky races journey through the Somerset lanes to get to WV. 

To be honest they could do with less people in WV... the showers and toilets got ridiculous this year 

• Upvote 1

Someone ha pointed out on Twitter that they have removed the mention of hot showers for WV and don’t mention it for SL. Assuming this is just a temporary omission while they get further details up as I trust the festival enough to not simultaneously increase the price and capacity while removing facilities..

1 minute ago, Havors said:

To be honest they could do with less people in WV... the showers and toilets got ridiculous this year 

how long were the queues? I would easily attest it to the weather though for showers. I showered once in 2017 because it was pretty even temp wise the whole weekend, plus a bit of rain, instead of 35 degress and above, which would make everyone just sweat bullets and want to shower.