Campervan Tickets / Worthy View - 21st Nov @ 7pm

JoeyT

34 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Maybe asked before but how roomy are the smallest tents at WV? Also is parking included in the cost? Thinking of coach but main reason being we cant be bothered with walk from car park!!! Also the queue to get out on Monday morning. Drove home after Kasabian (5-6 hours) and think I fell asleep driving a few times. Never again just to avoid traffic 

The 2 man scouts are a decent size.

Parking is not included (£45 for a pass last year)

The car park is right next to the campsite... minimal walking 

No queues driving in on wednesday or out on the monday 

p.s. if you get coach.... the drop off is miles away from WV would have to get the shuttle bus.. which I hear will have you waiting a long time. 

Edited by Havors

2 hours ago, Havors said:

The 2 man scouts are a decent size.

Parking is not included (£45 for a pass last year)

The car park is right next to the campsite... minimal walking 

No queues driving in on wednesday or out on the monday 

p.s. if you get coach.... the drop off is miles away from WV would have to get the shuttle bus.. which I hear will have you waiting a long time. 

Cheers. It is so tempting. Would you fit a double airbed in them with extra space or is that pushing it? Cant decide between spacious tent with limited bags/booze on coach or smaller tent but being able to drive easily and unlimited bags!

46 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Its tempting. How bad is the walk from site to camping though? I can never be normally bothered to walk up there even for the view! 

Starting from Pennard Hill gate (next door to Strummerville):

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, wrongturn said:

Evening all - potential first time camper vaner here.

How difficult is it usually to get tickets? I need two. Also how much are they? 

Cheers

£125 for a standard pitch, much easier to obtain than a regular ticket, however you still need to be organised and F5ing to get them. If you’re after two, probably best to get more than one person trying.

17 hours ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Cheers. It is so tempting. Would you fit a double airbed in them with extra space or is that pushing it? Cant decide between spacious tent with limited bags/booze on coach or smaller tent but being able to drive easily and unlimited bags!

You would get a double in but have very limited space left inside, however there is sort of small porch space you can keep bits too... but theres no ground sheet 

Image result for 2 man scouts worthy view

35 minutes ago, CY 2019 said:

How do the west campervan fields compare to the east fields?

Much smaller, and further away from things in the festival itself (except Cinemageddon).  Much quicker to enter the site.  No "hill-of-death", but it is all uphill (gentle but long slope) from the railwayline.  Closest "main" areas would be Arcadia / Park.  If you spend the majority of your time there, then West would be better.  If you spend your time in Theater / Acoustic then less so. 

1 minute ago, vardyvarvar said:

When there was a shower ban across site on the Saturday this year, my girlfriend had to wait 45 mins to not have a shower.

The longest she waited was an hour. The longest I waited was 20 mins.

Not too bad but certainly not a quick ordeal.

probably not much different to filling up my porta shower and boiling some water just to take the edge off ... the 20 min option ... but I guess if you go early ... much quicker 

39 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

probably not much different to filling up my porta shower and boiling some water just to take the edge off ... the 20 min option ... but I guess if you go early ... much quicker 

I agree. Queues for bogs and showers from 8am through to 2pm. Busiest was around 10am I would say.

8 hours ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Is it ever quick? It is main reason we would pay as shower would be luxury

Yes it can be. I think they open at 6am where you’d be literally first in. I think you’re pretty safe after 3pm too as most WV campers have gone down to the actual festival.

If you’re only in WV for the shower facilities I would recommend Greenfields and Kidzfield where you can get one for a small charge.

Been WV every year since it opened - I think it has increased capacity so is definitely busier than at the start.

re: showed queues not too bad if you go early but not too early as they sometimes close half the section off so you still wait a while! Between 8 and 9.30 or late afternoon.

The food/coffee queues actually take a fair bit longer than you’d expect. We bring our own stuff to cook for the reason with a cool box and now you can buy fresh stuff from coop in main site the night before for the morning after!

Toilet queues always seemed ok to me as a man 

Car park ease is a big plus especially if the weather isn’t great

Use lockup’s for storing stuff for later so saves you going back if you don’t want to carry stuff around all day - think I’ve only gone back once to get wellies on 

5 hours ago, kevbizarre said:

Been WV every year since it opened - I think it has increased capacity so is definitely busier than at the start.

re: showed queues not too bad if you go early but not too early as they sometimes close half the section off so you still wait a while! Between 8 and 9.30 or late afternoon.

The food/coffee queues actually take a fair bit longer than you’d expect. We bring our own stuff to cook for the reason with a cool box and now you can buy fresh stuff from coop in main site the night before for the morning after!

Toilet queues always seemed ok to me as a man 

Car park ease is a big plus especially if the weather isn’t great

Use lockup’s for storing stuff for later so saves you going back if you don’t want to carry stuff around all day - think I’ve only gone back once to get wellies on 

What are the showers like? We have done sziget a few times (which is amazing) and those showers were like warm/cold in a big tent tente building with plastic sheeting separating each cubicle with basically a hosepipe in each but better than nothing. Is it like that or proper showers?

31 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

What are the showers like? We have done sziget a few times (which is amazing) and those showers were like warm/cold in a big tent tente building with plastic sheeting separating each cubicle with basically a hosepipe in each but better than nothing. Is it like that or proper showers?

The showers are decent. Proper individual cubicles with a grated floor which collects all the water. The cubicles are a little small and I don’t remember if it was temp controlled but it was really hot when I went on the Saturday so was after colder water. Men and women separated too for obvious reasons.

Like everything at Glasto, it’s a well managed process. Not their first rodeo!

• Upvote 1