Campervan Tickets / Worthy View - 21st Nov @ 7pm

JoeyT

I just don’t think they’ll want the headaches of TOO MANY coach goers having to get round to WV. I think it was supposed to be a little incentive to encourage people to go on the coach.

What they don’t know is everyone tries everything to get in so they don’t really need to incentivise. They could make the festival coach only and still sell out.

Anywho... I agree with you - 15 or 20% max in the presale and most people that want to be at WV will be happy.

7 hours ago, vardyvarvar said:

Last year everything was gone within an hour. The non-scout tent options went first so I settled on a scout tent.

Obviously it’s the first year where coach tickets get an hour head-start so I predict all of their allocated tents will go before the hour is up.

Would be funny if all tents went to coach tickets (not like ha ha funny). They’ll need to make sure the shuttle round from Gate A is more frequent now too.

This year we have opted for off-site glamping as didn’t like the look of general sale WV chances after ticket day.

Which off-site glamping did you settle for out of interest?  Looking in to this as I'm nervous about getting WV tickets! 

2 hours ago, slumberjack said:

Which off-site glamping did you settle for out of interest?  Looking in to this as I'm nervous about getting WV tickets! 

My wallet and I had a chat and settled on Ziggucamp. It’s worked out at £400 per person (based on 4 sharing) and we have a furnished bell tent. I shopped around and saw options ranging from £300-£2000 per person. Madness.

Downside is it’s a 3 min shuttle to the festival. Upside is much smaller than WV and therefore less shower queues and bacon bap queues. This year at WV it was at least 45 mins to queue for the shower in peak times.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2019 at 3:52 PM, Hugh Jass said:

I maintain that it's daft putting the WV and camper van sales on at the same time given that they are polar opposites (ie you can't buy both). All it does is clog the system up for everyone.

Even splitting them by an hour would work better.

It's fairer to those who specifically want WV or CV tickets if they're on sale at the same time. If they're staggered then people who miss out on the first could try for the second, thus making it more difficult for those who truly wanted whatever was chosen to be the second sale.

Edited by MoilyX

On 11/1/2019 at 9:09 AM, vardyvarvar said:

I just don’t think they’ll want the headaches of TOO MANY coach goers having to get round to WV. I think it was supposed to be a little incentive to encourage people to go on the coach.

Not sure this will happen? Presumably coach ticket holders will be buying tents for groups that include coach and non coach people? 

People who want WV just need to know one person with a coach ticket to sort their group out...? 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Jon F said:

Yep uk tour this month - we are seeing him at Sage Gateshead but doing several places 

Love Tim Minchin. Was lucky enough to catch him just after he'd won the Perrier (or whatever it'd been renamed by then) in a very tiny venue. Within two or three numbers I think I was questioning my sexuality. A true talent. He's not really playing close enough this time. Ho hum.

As you were. Good luck to all seeking CV and WV spots.

20 hours ago, caballosblancos said:

Not sure this will happen? Presumably coach ticket holders will be buying tents for groups that include coach and non coach people? 

People who want WV just need to know one person with a coach ticket to sort their group out...? 

Good point - I hadn’t thought of that.

So now we end up with a mix of sheer luck and a popularity contest (knowing a coach ticket holder) to secure a place at WV.

The counter argument is that if your group is <6 then you will either all be on the coach or all be general sale as tickets would have been bought together. If you’re 6+ then it’s less likely you’ll be able to get your whole group to sign up to WV.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, vardyvarvar said:

Good point - I hadn’t thought of that.

So now we end up with a mix of sheer luck and a popularity contest (knowing a coach ticket holder) to secure a place at WV.

The counter argument is that if your group is <6 then you will either all be on the coach or all be general sale as tickets would have been bought together. If you’re 6+ then it’s less likely you’ll be able to get your whole group to sign up to WV.

True. I don’t suppose I see most ‘groups’ as being that clean cut. Our group comes from all over the country arriving by several different means (actually no coach this year, everyone failed in the coach sale). The way of booking coach tickets - from a single location - makes that a bit trickier to think about. 

As someone who came by coach and had worthy view tickets this year, it worries me as there may be up to triple the amount of people hoping to get from gate A to Worthy View and back now. Maybe i arrived at the wrong time but they did not seem to have enough shuttles. And they used really old buses that were struggling to drive up the hill lol. Plus it is one extra huge queue for the already impatient crowd. Managed to skip it tho as they had one last free seat and I was traveling solo, wohoo. But getting back was when it got really bad. Shuttles were supposed to start going at 3AM Monday morning. Some people who had to be at gate A around 4AM stayed at the pick up point hours before to make sure they’d get on the first bus... which ended up being an hour late. People were really angry cause apparently the same thing happened previous festival as well. Thinking back now it wasn’t too bad, cause with 200k people what was i thinking expecting the perfect transportation, but being in the moment it really ruined the end of a great weekend. 

anyway, my point is, they better be prepared this time. 

Edited by eyebrain

On 11/2/2019 at 3:14 AM, MrZigster said:

Hang on Tim Minchin's touring?

I got tickets last time he was in New Zealand, then had to give them away because an important family event came up. He's great!

2 hours ago, kevbizarre said:

It’s a shame to coaches can’t just drop off the Worthy View goers first on the way to the main festival - driver could check if anyone needed a drop off there before setting off

Agreed, that would be amazing!

8 hours ago, kevbizarre said:

It’s a shame to coaches can’t just drop off the Worthy View goers first on the way to the main festival - driver could check if anyone needed a drop off there before setting off

Would be hard considering how packed the luggage container is. Maybe specific coaches for worthy farm ticket holders would do the trick.

9 hours ago, kevbizarre said:

It's the complete opposite side of the festival, with all the traffic and one way systems in place it probably isn't possible without a huge increase in journey time.

Im still struggling to see the point in the priority for coach tickets.... the people who drive and thus miss out on WV because of this will still drive they will just camp somewhere else... Seems a little pointless tbh. It is not going to reduce the amount of people driving... just make the regular car park busier and the WV car park less busy. 

1 hour ago, Havors said:

Im still struggling to see the point in the priority for coach tickets.... the people who drive and thus miss out on WV because of this will still drive they will just camp somewhere else... Seems a little pointless tbh. It is not going to reduce the amount of people driving... just make the regular car park busier and the WV car park less busy. 

It's a reward for those taking the greener option and having to put up with the inconvenience of having to take a coach at a certain time and to/from a certain location which may not be at there preferred time/day/location. Plus you driving means you haven't had to lug your gear all over the country on your back, you only have to carry your tent from your car to your campsite and back again.

Plus, smaller WV car park could mean more WV tents.

Edited by Johnnyseven

38 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

It's a reward for those taking the greener option and having to put up with the inconvenience of having to take a coach at a certain time and to/from a certain location which may not be at there preferred time/day/location. Plus you driving means you haven't had to lug your gear all over the country on your back, you only have to carry your tent from your car to your campsite and back again.

Plus, smaller WV car park could mean more WV tents.

I get what you are trying to say, but a reward is a bit of a stretch... like they couldn't book a WV tent anyway? Not to mention the absolute ball ache coach goers are going to have getting to WV from the drop off point... 

The whole premise of it appears to be enviromental... like going by coach is greener. Which technically it is... but it wont reduce the amount of cars going,  it just means they park somewhere else. Defeats the whole point in my opinion... 

They would be better served putting more coaches on from more places I think personally. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Havors said:

I get what you are trying to say, but a reward is a bit of a stretch... like they couldn't book a WV tent anyway? Not to mention the absolute ball ache coach goers are going to have getting to WV from the drop off point... 

The whole premise of it appears to be enviromental... like going by coach is greener. Which technically it is... but it wont reduce the amount of cars going,  it just means they park somewhere else. Defeats the whole point in my opinion... 

They would be better served putting more coaches on from more places I think personally. 

yes and this year would have been a great opportunity to do it .... coaches from taunton (town )  nothing from exeter a university city ? not sure how and why they decide one deserves a bus the other not ? 

11 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

yes and this year would have been a great opportunity to do it .... coaches from taunton (town )  nothing from exeter a university city ? not sure how and why they decide one deserves a bus the other not ? 

Yeah agreed considering (I may be wrong) but there was 7k more coach tickets? Where they go from... your guess is as good as mine. 

Edited by Havors

1 minute ago, Havors said:

Yeah agreed considering (I may be wrong) but there was 7k more coach tickets? Where they go from... your guess is as good as mine. 

yes ... I meant to say that in my post ... could definitely have filled some of the gaps ... filling them might have taken a bit longer .... but the systems are already in place 

Maybe asked before but how roomy are the smallest tents at WV? Also is parking included in the cost? Thinking of coach but main reason being we cant be bothered with walk from car park!!! Also the queue to get out on Monday morning. Drove home after Kasabian (5-6 hours) and think I fell asleep driving a few times. Never again just to avoid traffic