Campervan Tickets / Worthy View - 21st Nov @ 7pm

JoeyT

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/accommodation/info-campervans-and-caravans/

Caravan/campervan ticket bookings will be taken by the Festival’s nominated booking agency, See Tickets at 7pm on Thursday 21st November, 2019.

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/accommodation/worthy-view-pre-erected-camping/

Worthy View bookings will be taken exclusively by the Festival’s nominated booking agency, See Tickets.

Coach + ticket package holders will have access to a pre-sale for Worthy View accommodation from 6pm on Thursday 21st November, 2019.

The pre-sale will be followed by a general release for coach package and general admission ticket holders at 7pm on Thursday 21st November, 2019.

In order to make an accommodation booking, you must already have a valid ticket booking for Glastonbury 2020.

Edited by JoeyT
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, oasisjojo said:

What about tipis are they in the presale at 6 ?

This seems unlikely :

Worthy View, Tipi and Caravan/Campervan ticket bookings will be taken exclusively by the Festival’s nominated booking agency, See Tickets.

Coach + ticket package holders will have access to a pre-sale for Worthy View accommodation from 6pm on Thursday 21st November, 2019.

The pre-sale will be followed by a general release of campervan/caravan tickets (for general admission ticket holders only), tipis and Worthy View accommodation at 7pm on Thursday 21st November, 2019.

In order to make an accommodation booking, you must already have a valid ticket booking for Glastonbury 2020.

As a coach ticket holder I'll still be checking to see if I can get a tipi at 6PM as it can't hurt to check.

If, as it appears, that tipis aren't on sale until 7PM... I guess the good news for "tipis or nothing" people like me is that we won't be in competition with coach ticket holders that would have gone for tipis had the sale not been staggered, but will now be grabbing Worthy View to get the sure thing in the presale.

I think I'd prefer getting a crack at the tipis in the coach presale, but who knows maybe it's less competition this way?

I'm also wondering what's happening with the glasto-on-the-sea tents, the other thing our group would be trying for....

Just now, Longdrop Bum Grapes said:

Does anyone know what proportion of people normally TRY and get tickets for Worthy View please? As a non-coach ticket holder just trying to work out roughly how many will be left at 7pm...

its very popular but often various options crop up at different points up till  the festival ... worth having a few options to try .... as for this sale nobody knows as the priority for buses is a first 

7 minutes ago, waynewdk said:

I wonder if,  say coach tickets were 10% of total tickets, will only 10%  of worthy view be released or will they get the full shebang?

Probably somewhere in between. They'll want the coach ticket holders to have a better chance at Worthy View, but probably not have it sell out before the main sale even begins.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Longdrop Bum Grapes said:

Does anyone know what proportion of people normally TRY and get tickets for Worthy View please? As a non-coach ticket holder just trying to work out roughly how many will be left at 7pm...

Don’t know what proportion but People have different reasons for wanting WV

in my opinion

Pros are, car near to tents, no need to lug equipment across site, no real queues to get in

cons are you feel you arnt actually part of the festival as you are outside the fence, quite a distance from main stages, the hill up though I don’t think it’s too bad, returning late at night can be a problem as you are caught up sometimes in the SE queues. 

Having done it twice it’s ok but I have to admit I missed the vibe of being down on the main site 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

30 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I maintain that it's daft putting the WV and camper van sales on at the same time given that they are polar opposites (ie you can't buy both). All it does is clog the system up for everyone.

Even splitting them by an hour would work better.

I maintain you are 100% correct! 

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

I maintain that it's daft putting the WV and camper van sales on at the same time given that they are polar opposites (ie you can't buy both). All it does is clog the system up for everyone.

I agree but I think this way makes it bit fairer for people that don't have huge groups of mates that will be trying for tickets for them.

The bigger the group of mates the more likely some will want WV and CV, but when someone logs onto the ticket site they have to choose either WV or CV tickets. This way you don't get all of the group going for WV when they are released and then again all of the group going for CV when they are released. It reduces the advantage of large groups trying for each other. 

It may clog up the website, but if it truly is random who gets through it shouldn't make much of a difference.

Also, is it possible to buy a WV tent and CV ticket on the same reg? It could be that people who don't want to camp on site have done this in the past and cancel 1 at a later date which a. takes the opportunity to buy away from someone else and b. creates extra admin for See to cancel and then resell.

Edited by Johnnyseven

6 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Couldn’t agree more, why not do wv on Thursday and cv on Friday? 

16 hours ago, Longdrop Bum Grapes said:

Last year everything was gone within an hour. The non-scout tent options went first so I settled on a scout tent.

Obviously it’s the first year where coach tickets get an hour head-start so I predict all of their allocated tents will go before the hour is up.

Would be funny if all tents went to coach tickets (not like ha ha funny). They’ll need to make sure the shuttle round from Gate A is more frequent now too.

This year we have opted for off-site glamping as didn’t like the look of general sale WV chances after ticket day.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, vardyvarvar said:

Last year everything was gone within an hour. The non-scout tent options went first so I settled on a scout tent.

Obviously it’s the first year where coach tickets get an hour head-start so I predict all of their allocated tents will go before the hour is up.

Would be funny if all tents went to coach tickets (not like ha ha funny). They’ll need to make sure the shuttle round from Gate A is more frequent now too.

This year we have opted for off-site glamping as didn’t like the look of general sale WV chances after ticket day.

Thanks - will be interesting to see what allocation is or if it’s literally just a queue jump for people with coach tickets. I’m going on basis that c 10-20% of people try for WV tickets, so if that’s the same for coach ticket holders (22k of them) then there should still be at least 60-70 % of WV left for the rest of us