The Prodigy

morph100

my favourite times of seeing Prodigy was before Keith was the front man,  he was just a guy dancing at the side of the stage.  he gave them more of a typical rock band feel, but i always preferred the music pre Fat of the Land

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HattersBoy said:

I would be totally up for this, noone will forget Keith so to say they should never perform is actually against what Keith would have believed in i think. He just wanted to rave.

But I wouldn't want to be the person to fill his shoes. I would be there whatever and whenever! 

Already upvoted this, but i agree, i think Keith would be devastated if he felt that him not being there meant Liam and Maxim would never perform live again. 

Also, would be totally up for this - just need to get ma hands on some bloody tickets in the comps or resale!

1 hour ago, lukethekid said:

Why? It’s been done before, Wu-Tang did it with a hologram of Ol’ Dirty Bastard at Rock The Bells, they had a hologram of 2Pac at Coachella. I think it’d be pretty nice to still sort of have him on stage.

A live hologram isn't in keeping with the raw nature of their live show. It would feel artificial and out of place. Also holograms are in general shit.

Even though The Prodigy don't tend to feature guest vocalists often, I think it would be fantastic if their set (if they are to play) had guests throughout who have either featured on their records or been influenced by them. 

There would be a no more fitting tribute to Keith for their set to be full of artists celebrating who he was and what he brought to The Prodigy 

If they were to do further shows, I could maybe see Glastonbury being part of a very small tour involving a show or two in their spiritual home at Brixton Academy and even a far afield as Russia (they have a hugely passionate following over there, often acknowledged by LH) or a large one-off Warrior's Dance-style event the weekend before Glastonbury. I can't see Glastonbury being the only show of a potential comeback.

I don't know, Master H has indicated that making music will continue but the lifeblood of The Prodigy is their live show. If they do decide to do something, they'll make sure it's done right and they won't be rushed into something half-assed. Personally, I hope they do but as I haven't got a ticket, I'd be mortified if it was the only show.

2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

If they were to do further shows, I could maybe see Glastonbury being part of a very small tour involving a show or two in their spiritual home at Brixton Academy and even a far afield as Russia (they have a hugely passionate following over there, often acknowledged by LH) or a large one-off Warrior's Dance-style event the weekend before Glastonbury. I can't see Glastonbury being the only show of a potential comeback.

I don't know, Master H has indicated that making music will continue but the lifeblood of The Prodigy is their live show. If they do decide to do something, they'll make sure it's done right and they won't be rushed into something half-assed. Personally, I hope they do but as I haven't got a ticket, I'd be mortified if it was the only show.

might it change your mind for the resale ? 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

might it change your mind for the resale ? 

No, I've made my mind up and I've gotta live with it. Plus my GF has a Sunday ticket so it'd be out of order for me to turn around now and say I'm trying for the weekend knowing she's stuck with that. I was considering a day ticket but realised that I hadn't changed the address against my registration until it was too late. I moved into the catchment area in January! 

If The Prodigy and Depeche Mode were announced I would be absolutely devastated. I'm thinking that both of these are outside chances but with Emily's chat today, the latter must be in the frame.

2 hours ago, zero000 said:

A live hologram isn't in keeping with the raw nature of their live show. It would feel artificial and out of place. Also holograms are in general shit.

I’ve saw them a couple of times, loved it and I understand what you’re saying about the raw nature of their show. I’ve never saw a hologram performance only on videos and that. I couldn’t imagine them being brilliant, but it would obviously not feel the same without him. Not many bands can crack on after the loss of their frontman. 

8 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

No, I've made my mind up and I've gotta live with it. Plus my GF has a Sunday ticket so it'd be out of order for me to turn around now and say I'm trying for the weekend knowing she's stuck with that. I was considering a day ticket but realised that I hadn't changed the address against my registration until it was too late. I moved into the catchment area in January! 

If The Prodigy and Depeche Mode were announced I would be absolutely devastated. I'm thinking that both of these are outside chances but with Emily's chat today, the latter must be in the frame.

shame ... but a fair decision with others involved .... 

58 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

She can get another registration and try in the resale too...

Anyone that doesn't scream moooooothhhhherrrrrrrfukkkkkkerrrrrrr and aaaahhhhhhh every few seconds will be a major improvement.

Don't misunderstand me, I've been a hardcore fan of the Prodigy since the very early 90's, met Keith a couple of times and been to almost all of the Brixton Xmas alnighters.

Liams music does not need screaming over ever, apart from Poison of course.

Edited by Cooter

1 hour ago, rivalschools.price said:

Keith’s shoes will definitely be hard to fill.

Maybe they’d be better off if his replacement is completely different to avoid direct comparison , some extra musicians on stage with maybe a female singer or a rapping duo or something.

They don’t need to replace him and to be honest they can’t as anyone new being taken on will always be compared to Keith. 

They should still use his vocals though on the main songs. I can’t imagine them not playing Firestarter or Breathe. As they’re a dance act they don’t need to have someone performing the lyrics on stage. 

11 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

They don’t need to replace him and to be honest they can’t as anyone new being taken on will always be compared to Keith. 

They should still use his vocals though on the main songs. I can’t imagine them not playing Firestarter or Breathe. As they’re a dance act they don’t need to have someone performing the lyrics on stage. 

Yeah, I get what you are saying but I was more talking about his stage presence rather than the loss of his actual vocals.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
14 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Pre-sale tickets secured for Liverpool in July - be some show in a smaller venue. 

All other venues seem to have some pre-sale left apart from Brixton.

https://www.gigsandtours.com/tour/the-prodigy?pre=artist

CODE: FOTL22

Was tempted with Liverpool myself but the price put me off. I know the venue is small etc but can't bring myself to pay £50 to see somebody in that venue. 

Just secured my tickets for birmingham. Didn’t realise it was maximum 2 per order till 8:55am this morning and I was tasked with grabbing mine plus a pair for the parents as it’s my mums birthday the day after and she’s a huge fan. 

I sorted the parents on gigsandtours, @Superunknownthe big shagger sorted mine for me on ticketmaster. Dab up ! 

Unbelievably happy to be seeing them again, one of my all time faves. Got the ant logo tattooed on my arm n all

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, faymondo said:

Was tempted with Liverpool myself but the price put me off. I know the venue is small etc but can't bring myself to pay £50 to see somebody in that venue. 

It is pricey, considering Wolf Alice played there the other week for virtually half the price but I didn't ever expect to see The Prodigy play live again so thought I'd jump on it!

• Like 1