Future Headliners

Mr. Snrub

46 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

One thing to say about Ariana, is don't underestimate how the people of Manchester have taken her to their heart, she shared in our pain - almost everyone knows someone who lost someone at her gig and we know that it shook her as much as us.

For that alone, I'd pop along to see her, just to offer her support. She's an honorary Manc.

I was trying to avoid the elephant in the room around Ariana which is how much of her popularity is based on her actual music? And how much of it stems from that terrible night in Manchester?

Does anyone think Iron Maiden could do it before they pack it in? I personally don't (if they were going to, they would have by now, right?) but *if* another metal band was to do it, after Metallica, they're the next logical option, right? Again, I can't see it at all. 

5 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Does anyone think Iron Maiden could do it before they pack it in? I personally don't (if they were going to, they would have by now, right?) but *if* another metal band was to do it, after Metallica, they're the next logical option, right? Again, I can't see it at all. 

Pretty sure Bruce has slagged the place off so don’t think they’re high on the headliner wish list for the festival or would be too keen to do it themselves.

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Pretty sure Bruce has slagged the place off so don’t think they’re high on the headliner wish list for the festival or would be too keen to do it themselves.

Didn’t he have a pop at how middle class the place was?

Presumably whilst flying one of his fleet of private jets.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Didn’t he have a pop at how middle class the place was?

Presumably whilst flying one of his fleet of private jets.

He did.  I love Maiden, but taking a pop at Glastonbury for having posh camping while still playing Download that has its own glamping options, plus an actual hotel on site, just screams dick move.

15 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

True, but acts like Katy Perry and Mickey Cyrus would, both third down the Pyramid.

Ariana is way bigger than both of them. Neither headlined Coachella, Lolla, other massive shows. Ariana is beyond that and she’s nowhere near past her peak.

Katy did big shows but her peak was objectively around 2012/2013. It’s been all downhill since then. 

Miley, while being fantastic, has never been a major ticket shifter / headliner act.

Edited by Matt42

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Ariana is way bigger than both of them. Neither headlined Coachella, Lolla, other massive shows

I'd argue that this has at least as much, if not more, to do with the changing demographic of what a headliner is than any measure of how big or otherwise they are/were as an act.

1 minute ago, Superscally said:

Nothing can. He's an evil genius. Also seems fairly sound. I'd go for a bev with Red Ed.

I would say while Ed is big I don’t fear him being booked for the festival again. Seems like whilst he still releases successful singles he’s not thought of as a zeitgeist anymore. Sorta like Gary Barlow but bigger.

Does well within his own lane but we don’t have to worry about him headlining Glastonbury.

12 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I would say while Ed is big I don’t fear him being booked for the festival again. Seems like whilst he still releases successful singles he’s not thought of as a zeitgeist anymore. Sorta like Gary Barlow but bigger.

Does well within his own lane but we don’t have to worry about him headlining Glastonbury.

Until you realise it's him behind the nanobots in the vaccine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 6/1/2021 at 10:21 AM, Haan said:

I know this might be a stretch but say Dave does it and goes well, could J Hus be a shout for a future headliner?

I mean, look at this 

Extremely late but I don't think J Hs will ever do it, he's fantastic but most of his hype dropped off when he went to prison for ages