Future Headliners

Mr. Snrub

If they're going to continue the trajectory of having a massive popstar each year, then Taylor Swift, The Weeknd and even Drake I can see doing it. I think for Dua and Billie it depends on how well their next albums do - I can see Billie smashing it out the park with her new album and getting a headline slot from that, I think for Dua it depends on the strength on whatever comes after Future Nostalgia, because I wouldn't have pinned her as a headliner from her debut alone. 

On 5/15/2021 at 10:13 AM, Hugh Jass said:

Dua, Reg and Arctic Monkeys for instance would be a pretty balanced trio in terms of something for everyone.

I like guitar music, but reckon I'd be far more likely to go see Elton John or Dua Lipa headline than the Arctics. I do worry with Elton John that I'd love the big hits, but the rest of it would bore me. I know it's not likely but I've always loved the idea of him being a Sunday legend. For me I'd love to see an hour of his hits, as long as he sings them properly, but not keen on a 2 hour show.

On 5/15/2021 at 10:19 AM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yup. Difficult to quibble. Or Billie Eilish / Fleetwood Mac / RATM

If those were the headliners I'd be excited to see Fleetwood Mac and RATM. Would have no interest in seeing Billie Eilish, but couldn't deny that she's built enough of a following that she deserves a shot. In fact, the fact I don't want to see her means maybe she's the most realistic headliner, in recent years the Pyramid headliners have been the acts on the line up that have excited me least.

Lizzo was definitely my favourite set ever and I know plenty of other people felt the same. Depending on her next album would love to see her get the chance.

I know other posters thinks the Foals ship has sailed, but the fact they definitely have enough good material for a good headline shot and deserve the chance IMHO.

Bit of a random one, but for me part of the joy of a festival is going to see people you quite like, but probably not enough to pay for them. For me the two acts like that I'd like to see headline are Elton John and Alice Cooper. Though Elton's performance at that One World thing has slightly put me off seeing him live.

4 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

I like guitar music, but reckon I'd be far more likely to go see Elton John or Dua Lipa headline than the Arctics. I do worry with Elton John that I'd love the big hits, but the rest of it would bore me. I know it's not likely but I've always loved the idea of him being a Sunday legend. For me I'd love to see an hour of his hits, as long as he sings them properly, but not keen on a 2 hour show.

Having seen Elton before I can guarantee that there would be little you didn’t know across a two hour set.

46 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

Though Elton's performance at that One World thing has slightly put me off seeing him live.

I honestly reckon he misplaced his dentures or something before that One World thing because I’ve seen tons of other videos of him singing (like the Brits last week) and he’s never seemed that bad or gummy. Such a bizarre performance. 

On 5/15/2021 at 3:29 PM, Matt42 said:

What artists give off cheugy   energy ???

I’l go first.... passenger, James bay, George Ezra, Ed Sheeran, Mumford & Sons, Of Monsters & Men, Imagine Dragons

I'd never heard of cheugy before this thread but from what I can gather Taylor Swift's much anticipated headline set will be a cheug-fest. I'm not sure if cheugy-ness disqualifies you from headlining the big one.

On 5/14/2021 at 8:16 AM, Matt42 said:

Disagree. Agree it wasn’t her most commercial release but it’s not a bad album. 

Regardless, Ariana has such a big following it doesn’t matter if one album doesn’t hit the mark.

One thing to say about Ariana, is don't underestimate how the people of Manchester have taken her to their heart, she shared in our pain - almost everyone knows someone who lost someone at her gig and we know that it shook her as much as us.

For that alone, I'd pop along to see her, just to offer her support. She's an honorary Manc.