Future Headliners

Mr. Snrub

4 minutes ago, Mr. Snrub said:

What about other contemporary American acts like Ariana Grande, Post Malone, Gambino? I saw Travis Scott namedropped earlier and thought that was a sensible shout in a few years time (let’s get Kendrick booked first!)

Post is a weird one. I guess we don’t know whether he’s someone who Emily has her eye on. Yeah he plays big shows across the world but I don’t think he puts on enough of a stage show to get Emily’s attention. From what I’ve seen he tends to come on stage with a hoodie and sweat pants and just sing his songs.

Drake is one of those acts that is probably too expensive. However, I imagine he will he asked or seriously asked at some point. If Jay, Kanye, Kendrick, Travis have played by that point it’s probably going to happen eventually. I don’t think Drake will be that great on the night though.

Ariana will happen on the next album I reckon. She’s done a fair few festivals this year so I reckon she’d be open to it.

2 hours ago, Mr. Snrub said:

What about other contemporary American acts like Ariana Grande, Post Malone, Gambino? I saw Travis Scott namedropped earlier and thought that was a sensible shout in a few years time (let’s get Kendrick booked first!)

2 hours ago, Mr. Snrub said:

I personally think Post would make a great Other headliner but he probably falls in to the “too big too small/too expensive” category

I love that it looks like you're responding to yourself here! 

Theres no way Lizzo isnt headlining in the future. Shes becoming absolutely massive right now. Tempo with Missy is another hit, and shes just remixed a song with Grande as well. In about 3 years if she puts out another amazing album I'd say shes an easy booking. 

Billie is a bit in the same boat. Not sure what her plan is right now but I can see her headlining off her next album if it goes well. 

I think Florence might be back at some point, she deserves her own spot. 

It does feel like there is a bit of a shift happening. Im a huge fan of indie, etc, and it doesnt seem like many bands are filling those top spots. Pretty soon there wont be (m)any heritage rock-band acts left. 

17 hours ago, zahidf said:

Yeah have to agree. I think the foos will still be headliners for a while, definite ticket sellers. And Metallica and Iron maiden will stick to their metal festivals. But those other bands will slowly just do their own things 

Metallica will headline the other stage one year, Lars is besotted with the place after they headlined so I think they’d take a other stage slot 

15 hours ago, y0ungtitan said:

Give Sam Fender another album or two and he'll probably be in the mix.

Seconding Tame Impala if this next album goes well, were my favourite act this year and would do great on the pyramid.

Sam Fender is Jake Bugg 2.0

His stock will be lowered in 5 years time IMO

Don't see Catfish ever getting bigging enough to be in contention for Glasto, I just can't see how they get any bigger than they are already with the instant regression of their music. Definitely think Royal Blood will be in for a shout, can see them headlining R&L on the back of a 3rd no. 1 album and then being in the frame for Glastonbury shortly after.

Maybe Harry Styles has an outside chance in a few years? Already has a huge fan base and seems to be rapidly winning over a new selection of people as well.

Edited by mttJ

3 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

This thread has made me realise that I'm really out of touch and haven't listened to half of the acts being touted, and I really dislike the half that I have listened to. 

And I thought I listened to quite a lot of new music... 

Fontaines DC?

16 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Post is a weird one. I guess we don’t know whether he’s someone who Emily has her eye on. Yeah he plays big shows across the world but I don’t think he puts on enough of a stage show to get Emily’s attention. From what I’ve seen he tends to come on stage with a hoodie and sweat pants and just sing his songs.

'sings his songs' funny joke... but also he demanded at Reading there were no indie acts on other stages during his headline slot and charges a steep fee. With that attitude i doubt he/his management would be interested in doing Glastonbury at the cut price.

1 hour ago, CJTM said:

Fontaines DC?

True, I like Fontaines. Although personally I don't see them getting to headliner level. Time will tell though. 

In general I seem to be enjoying more and more time away from the Pyramid. But there's nothing quite like seeing an amazing headline set on that stage! 

10 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

True, I like Fontaines. Although personally I don't see them getting to headliner level. Time will tell though. 

In general I seem to be enjoying more and more time away from the Pyramid. But there's nothing quite like seeing an amazing headline set on that stage! 

Idles have more of a shot, but could see them getting sub... maybe the third down rock slot could suit in a few years

2 minutes ago, ClementsMike said:

What happened to that Rag and Bone Chap?

The other stage was mobbed for him a couple of years ago, and at that point I'd have put money on him headlining. Since then ... nowt.

Flash in the pan radio hit, they roll around every year.