The Glastonbury 50 book reviews

Crazyfool01

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Being one of the sad souls who failed miserably on T day I couldn't bring myself to open my copy. I was just to upset by the whole thing. I finally did so today and am loving it. Its cheering me up in these troubled times. 

Stay safe all and look after yourselves and those next to you. 

• 1 month later...

As some of you know I won the stage design competition ... and won the book ... I suggested to Michael and Emily that the book got signed by some of the participants but unfortunately this isn’t possible due to the current pandemic ... so my current thought is to eBay it and send the proceeds to FMS ... I do however want to raise a decent amount of money .... anyone have any other suggestions as to other ways to preceed ? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

As some of you know I won the stage design competition ... and won the book ... I suggested to Michael and Emily that the book got signed by some of the participants but unfortunately this isn’t possible due to the current pandemic ... so my current thought is to eBay it and send the proceeds to FMS ... I do however want to raise a decent amount of money .... anyone have any other suggestions as to other ways to preceed ? 

Well done. Will a stage actually get made from your design?

I'd gathered that you'd won something. Hoped (and kind of presumed) that it was a way in for you.

1 minute ago, MrZigster said:

Well done. Will a stage actually get made from your design?

I'd gathered that you'd won something. Hoped (and kind of presumed) that it was a way in for you.

unfortunately not ... still plenty of ways in so fingers crossed on that .... just need to work out a decent way of selling that book:) 

Either that or a festival related one I know they have supported st Michaels hospice In Taunton before ... fms is another option but trying to think of a way to increase value ... face value might get €30 but trying to get a bit more than that 

10 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

Do you want to sell it to raise money for a local charity! 

On 5/26/2020 at 1:02 PM, crazyfool1 said:

Hello craztfool1,

Your win seems to have passed me by until now, that is. Congratulations. Did you post a photo of your design on here somewhere, as I'd like to see it? 

I'll have a think about the fund raising element for charity. However, just shooting from the hip, could you sell raffle tickets on here, as well as places like Facebook (various Glastonbury groups), Facebook Marketplace, Gumtree, etc? You could ask people for £1 per ticket and get them to pay you via Paypal. As each entrance contacts you, you allot them a number from a cheap cloak room ticket type book (bought very cheaply). Then you could ask an independent person to draw the winning ticket.

I've just seen your post above.

Thanks yog ... it’s the photo I posted in the tweet above ... some ideas like that are what I was thinking of ... sort of waiting for book to arrive and just mulling some ideas over ... I’ve a personal PayPal account but want it to be all above board so It can all be trusted as not a random income generator for myself ... will look at private options ... 

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Thanks yog ... it’s the photo I posted in the tweet above ... some ideas like that are what I was thinking of ... sort of waiting for book to arrive and just mulling some ideas over ... I’ve a personal PayPal account but want it to be all above board so It can all be trusted as not a random income generator for myself ... will look at private options ... 

I'm really not on the ball today. How I managed to miss / not register your stage is currently beyond my own comprehension. 

I was lucky on the book front in that the lovely gentleman who is bennyhana22 gave me a copy of it. It very nearly went for a burton in February when our cabin at the end of our garden got flooded by the River Severn. However, I was lucky in that it was one of the few books that survived that ordeal.

I'll try to have a think about how you could raise money with your book, but fear that my head is too addled today to come up with anything but stupidity. I'm sure that there's a school of thought out there that would argue that that is a much more regular occurrence for me on these boards than I would like to acknowledge. 

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'm really not on the ball today. How I managed to miss / not register your stage is currently beyond my own comprehension. 

I was lucky on the book front in that the lovely gentleman who is bennyhana22 gave me a copy of it. It very nearly went for a burton in February when our cabin at the end of our garden got flooded by the River Severn. However, I was lucky in that it was one of the few books that survived that ordeal.

I'll try to have a think about how you could raise money with your book, but fear that my head is too addled today to come up with anything but stupidity. I'm sure that there's a school of thought out there that would argue that that is a much more regular occurrence for me on these boards than I would like to acknowledge. 

No probs it’s a glorious day for an addled head ... or just a glorious day full stop ... it’s quite a while since I’ve been sunburnt ... actually Glastonbury is probably the last time ... but I have managed to get myself some lovely zebra stripes across my chest 

• 1 month later...

Just browsing amazon's kindle store and if anyone's interested they've got the book up on offer for £3.99. good for the money. layout is good and it's less than a pint.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Glastonbury-50-Official-Story-Festival-ebook/dp/B07QHV3XC7/ref=lp_362174031_1_16?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1593520147&sr=1-16

Edited by eddie_corrigan

On 6/30/2020 at 1:23 PM, eddie_corrigan said:

Just browsing amazon's kindle store and if anyone's interested they've got the book up on offer for £3.99. good for the money. layout is good and it's less than a pint.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Glastonbury-50-Official-Story-Festival-ebook/dp/B07QHV3XC7/ref=lp_362174031_1_16?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1593520147&sr=1-16

Great tip, thank you, bought (have the signed hard copy but it’s a bit cumbersome and a Kindle no brainier at that price!)

1 hour ago, GlastoEls said:

Great tip, thank you, bought (have the signed hard copy but it’s a bit cumbersome and a Kindle no brainier at that price!)

just spreading the wealth. its good as you can zoom in on all of the crowd photos and the photo collage pages too. 

Edited by eddie_corrigan
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...