The Glastonbury 50 book reviews

Crazyfool01

6 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I’m welcome a documentary, particularly as much archive material as possible.

I still feel the BBC just touches on the festival experience and I’d love to see a film of all significant areas of the site, should be much more interesting and distinctive rather than the usual back to back main stages coverage.

Yes, I’ve got most of  the bbc coverage since 2014 on my sky planner, they do small snippets of the organisation and behind the scenes such as Michael giving a guided tour of the site to local residents etc but there is surely scope for a more in depth documentary for the 50th. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/11/2019 at 8:32 AM, Pinhead said:

Knight's chippy in the town, referenced in the new book by ME, is apparently the oldest in England.

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/local-news/oldest-fish-n-chip-shop-3517370

A mere 110 years?

How do they get away with that BS claim?

Plenty round by me started in the 1860s and 1870s.

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

correct :) 

Aghh, bingo. I've just had the tiniest bit of a smoke, so my clarity on things had gone awry. However, it was always heading in that direction in any case. The reason for this is the level of stress that I'm currently under, which is what actually led me to have that smoke. All will be revealed in my next post on this thread, which must also serve to thank somebody for their honesty and actions.

5 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Aghh, bingo. I've just had the tiniest bit of a smoke, so my clarity on things had gone awry. However, it was always heading in that direction in any case. The reason for this is the level of stress that I'm currently under, which is what actually led me to have that smoke. All will be revealed in my next post on this thread, which must also serve to thank somebody for their honesty and actions.

Things also not clear to me at the moment but that is also for another time :) good news on the honesty and actions :) 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

Things also not clear to me at the moment but that is also for another time :) good news on the honesty and actions :) 

I'm so stressed out right now, it's off the scale. I'm using the time on here to actually give me a bit of time to prepare for tackling the tsunami of shit that has washed up on my plate today.

Anyway, I'm so stressed that I got it wrong - the reasons for the stress will be not found on CHAT, but on the DISCUSSIONS page, under the thread title CONFESSIONS. 

I've read up to 2015 now, it feels like such a journey, memories of all the festival's I've been to since 97 coming back to me, a little sadness at the few years I missed when my boys were really little.. now I'm even more determined not to miss the 50th.  The book has so many interesting insights into the festival and how its developed.

I am so grateful to Michael and Emily,  they've really put everything into the festival and I hope they know how much it means to us all.

On 11/25/2019 at 11:44 AM, gfa said:

down at £16 for the last few days, in case anyone needs Xmas present ideas.

50 minutes ago, cdm22 said:

There’s someone earlier in the thread that wanted a signed one ... so that will be helpful ... will go back and have a look when I’ve finished work :) 

• 4 weeks later...

I was fortunate enough to receive the book as a gift this Christmas. It's a wonderful record of the festival's history and for the first time the realisation hit me that I won't be there in 2020. Even more so than on ticket day this October. What a great book though, if you haven't bought it yet it's so worth it