The Glastonbury 50 book reviews

Crazyfool01

I've noticed the odd error too. tbf the fact checkers at the publishers are hardly going to be as obsessive as us lot here.

The pic of Guy Garvey on the page talking about his 2011 experience is actually from 2014.

The big aerial photo of the site towards the back of the book is orientated with South at the top.

But I don't mind at all.

its the reviews that done it :) 

Wow! Staggered by this. Thanks to everyone who has bought our bo
Quote Tweet

qsNedMi6_normal.jpg

Orion Publishing

@orionbooks
· 5h
We're absolutely delighted that #Glastonbury50 has entered the bestseller charts at No.3 this week!

?
Thanks to everyone who has bought a copy - we hope you're enjoying reminiscing about festivals past with this very special book.

2:54 PM · Nov 6, 2019·Twitter for iPhone
Edited by crazyfool1

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

In the best sellers lists now,  surely Michael and Emily are a shoe in for the Nobel prize for literature this year!?

They've already won the efest prize for literature ... surely any other prizes are just greedy ..... and they win the best festival year in year out too .... if i were another festival id give up entering ...

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

They've already won the efest prize for literature ... surely any other prizes are just greedy ..... and they win the best festival year in year out too .... if i were another festival id give up entering ...

Don’t be too sure about the e fest literature prize, this may run it close, from the Chris Martin of the kids zone

19339C1D-CADA-437C-B4F5-FFC0D9F82BCE.jpeg.f228122b8e79e2ca435611c08931d634.jpeg

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

ive not yet seen the 12 page basil brush thread :) perhaps its been swept under the carpet 

Brush,   swept!  Took me two  hours to get that! Doh!  The old brain cells are dying at an alarming rate. Next thing you will find me in the acoustic tent sitting on a chair with a tartan blanket over my knees and a flask of tea wondering when the Dave Clark five are coming on! 

On 11/1/2019 at 9:27 PM, Pinhead said:

Not bothered about it being signed tbh. The Glastonbury Tales one I got is signed. Christ I go to their festival every year I think I'll live with it.

On 11/2/2019 at 5:41 PM, Pinhead said:

Thanks for that as you have given me a idea as I will take my copy with me next year and will ask ME to sign it. { he always end up at some point in the WBC Crew camp } I may even be greedy and ask Melvin Benn to sign it as well. 

Amazingly I bought what was claimed was used but in Good condition from a Amazon marker holder but I ended up with a brand new copy for £2.29 in 2015.

Now if there was ever a book that needed a update its that one.

I also bought the Glastonbury 50 book but I am saving it up for my 66th birthday which is later this Month so I have not opened it up yet.

TALES.thumb.jpg.913cd83f8f3d6cb81579281f41b905f2.jpgTALES2.thumb.jpg.6921e24ba062c4173673c02ee01a987c.jpg

Just been into town to pick mine up. It’s a lovely book, very well put together & looks worth more than £25 that some people paid.

My dad is currently flicking through it now, he’s never been but is looking for bands he recognises, I doubt he will read it thoroughly.

We had some family round tonight to celebrate my youngest's birthday, and my ma in law's partner gives me a present too, says open it now before you get any others, with a smile. My birthday's in January.

It's this book! It's fantastic and brings back so many memories.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, carlosj said:

We had some family round tonight to celebrate my youngest's birthday, and my ma in law's partner gives me a present too, says open it now before you get any others, with a smile. My birthday's in January.

It's this book! It's fantastic and brings back so many memories.

Nice carlosj, just really nice.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2019 at 6:17 PM, Calvin Klein said:

Anybody knows if there are plans for any kind of documentary like the 2006 one? I'd love to see something like that done which includes the last 13 years. And the 50th seems like a good excuse.

Had no idea that had taken place, what 2006 documentary would that be?

Anybody knows if there are plans for any kind of documentary like the 2006 one? I'd love to see something like that done which includes the last 13 years. And the 50th seems like a good excuse.

I would imagine the bbc could have something planned for broadcast around festival time next year, maybe a behind the scenes look at the preparation for the festival . The logistics involved and the work done throughout the year by everyone involved.  We’ve had snippets in the past during the bbc coverage, but a full documentary would be nice for the 50th. 

I’m welcome a documentary, particularly as much archive material as possible.

I still feel the BBC just touches on the festival experience and I’d love to see a film of all significant areas of the site, should be much more interesting and distinctive rather than the usual back to back main stages coverage.