The Glastonbury 50 book reviews

Crazyfool01

34 minutes ago, Fearless_Fish said:

Quandary: I've bought this for my girlfriend for her birthday mid-December. It's currently on my desk at work, still in it's packaging. I want to read it. What do I do?

The packaging's pretty industrial so much nicer to rewrap in gift paper. So plenty opportunity to carefully read it (without breaking spine obvs)

Ordered mine on amazon... now its delayed ?Anyone know why?

We're writing to let you know that the following items have been unexpectedly delayed:

Eavis, Emily "Glastonbury 50: The Official Story of Glastonbury Festival"
    Estimated arrival date: November 19 2019 - December 09 2019

One of our aims is to provide a convenient and efficient service but in this case, we've fallen short. Please accept our sincere apologies.

I love this, reading bits, flicking pictures, going back and forwards filling me with warm fuzzy feelings... 

Question though, page 146 refers to the double page photo on the previous pages as being 1997, but theres about 3 good reasons why i dont think it is... Anyone with me? 

5 minutes ago, bexj said:

I love this, reading bits, flicking pictures, going back and forwards filling me with warm fuzzy feelings... 

Question though, page 146 refers to the double page photo on the previous pages as being 1997, but theres about 3 good reasons why i dont think it is... Anyone with me? 

The Pyramid stage being one. Green fields another.  Oh, go on...

36 minutes ago, bexj said:

1997 was so bloody wet, there's no way that photo was taken in the mud! Also, the Jazz World stage, where is it? 

It is there (I think), about two thirds down, just to the right of centre of the book. The stage was a lot smaller then. I’m having difficulty determining what year this was taken. It looks like the previous Pyramid, which looked straight up the hill to the farm, but this burned down shortly before the 1994 festival. The NME stage is present, but I thought this was new in 1994 (perhaps it was a year or so earlier). So I’m stumped!

Has anyone got a signed copy that's not actually signed?  Mines turned up with "signed by the author" embossed on the outside but no signatures anywhere to be seen!  Was the signature bit a page stuck in or did they sign a particular page? 

2 minutes ago, Pipine said:

Has anyone got a signed copy that's not actually signed?  Mines turned up with "signed by the author" embossed on the outside but no signatures anywhere to be seen!  Was the signature bit a page stuck in or did they sign a particular page? 

someone has a few pages ago ... its right at the front ( or supposed to be ) and I think a few instances on twitter too ... it was @Nutella Versace

Edited by crazyfool1
quoting the page missing person
  • Upvote 1

On 10/30/2019 at 6:31 PM, Nutella Versace said:

Which page of the book is this on? I received my 'signed by the author' copy today and it's not signed. It doesn't even contain this page. It has the 'signed by the author' sticker on the front though :( 

Mine is the same, I don't even have that page ? i guess I'll email Waterstones and ask what they can sort out.

Just now, DareToDibble said:

Seriously in love with this book. I’m up to Lauren Lavern’s part now.
I know we make a lot of jokes about him on here but Chris Martin’s views on the festival show that he really does see it exactly the same as us. Visiting the site in the winter etc 

I had a quick glance yesterday and looked at this year's aerial view. I think my tent was pretty close to the crease of the page! 

It's beautifully put together.

I understand that my copy of the book, that I am not meant to know about, has been delivered to my first born and has been wrapped up in Santa Claus paper. Hopefully its been put in a safe place away from the clutches of my three year old sticky fingered grandson who takes great delight in crayoning on everything he finds. Reading the comments on here I am sure the wait will be worth it.  

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I understand that my copy of the book, that I am not meant to know about, has been delivered to my first born and has been wrapped up in Santa Claus paper. Hopefully its been put in a safe place away from the clutches of my three year old sticky fingered grandson who takes great delight in crayoning on everything he finds. Reading the comments on here I am sure the wait will be worth it.  

if its not autographed it soon will be :)