The Glastonbury 50 book reviews

Crazyfool01

On 10/29/2019 at 12:50 PM, crazyfool1 said:

The book has arrived and its about to get read ... no tickets sadly ..... reviews and info below :) 

IMG_5268.jpeg

82914A0A-D2BC-4C4F-8766-C09DEF646706.jpeg

Which page of the book is this on? I received my 'signed by the author' copy today and it's not signed. It doesn't even contain this page. It has the 'signed by the author' sticker on the front though :( 

12 minutes ago, Nutella Versace said:

Which page of the book is this on? I received my 'signed by the author' copy today and it's not signed. It doesn't even contain this page. It has the 'signed by the author' sticker on the front though :( 

right at the beginning ... no page number because presumably the non signed editions dont have this page 

6 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

The good news!  Mine is on its way?

the bad news,  won’t get to read it for 56days?

now I regret hinting to my son that it would be a great Xmas present for me ! 

but its a much better Xmas present than a lynx shower gel or some socks .... for me it would be the best one ever :) 

I’ve a number of books on Glastonbury and this one stands out far above the others, a fantastic read.

One thing that strikes me, looking at the posters for the 1980’s in particular, is that what you may think were the headliners based on poster position, were often not. The book even mentions The Smiths ‘Saturday-night headline set’. They actually played late afternoon, and three other acts followed them.

That’s nit-picking though, great insights throughout, especially from Emily. I’ll enjoy finishing this. 

Absolutely loving the book so far, lots of stuff about the early days I didn’t know about. Also just reaffirms what a genuinely nice man Eavis is. 

Can’t wait to get to the modern era and the years I started going... only 20-something years still to go through