Fake Poster....

wilko8

24 minutes ago, Benja100 said:

No it is real fudge made using a standard fudge recipe and then additional flavorings such as chocolate or Baileys (sorry am I allowed to mention brand names on here?  Sorry if I have broken any rules).  I have made a point of trying to mollify people and rebuild some bridges on this discussion by offering them some real fudge at the festival but unfortunately it hasn't worked.  I don't blame them to be honest but the offer of some free fudge still stands.

I took a large quantity last year (approximately 4x 750ml tuppaware boxes, with individual fudge cubes cut into 20mm cubes and individually wrapped in greeseproof paper) and distributed it to the following classes of person:

1) Stewards but especially ones who looked tired, as sugar has energy in it 

2) Children, with permission of the parents which was granted about 7 times out of 10

3) The security person who took the entire stash off me on one day coming in, possibly believing it to contain illegal psychotropic drugs.  He only needed ask and I would have given him some anyway but no, he wanted all of it.  So if anyone bought some fudge marketed to them as psychotropic, but it had no effects, other than a short sugar rush, it could have been mine from this chap.

4) Flustered looking bar people as a thank you

5) A few people who were spinning out - the fudge proved quite good at ice-breaking, rapport & trust building:  one teenage lad was on his own and had lost his friends.  I actually couldn't help him find his friends as we were both too twatted but I gave him about 8 cubes of fudge & took him under our wing and he had a top night, I had some wristbands for the staff bar at Block 9 & we went in there.  Also this was a bit grim but this girl was off her head dancing next to me on her own at Arcadia, she'd split up with her BF at the festival and someone had later offered her a bump which turned out to be some sort of trip, and she didn't know what she was doing so we took her to a quieter bit by the park & gave her some fudge and that seemed to calm her down a bit.  I charged her phone to approximately 20% with my powerbank and we managed to call her friends who were of all places by bloody John Peel so we walked with her back to find them as I didn't think she'd make it otherwise, used what3words to locate them, that was enjoyable explaining to her mate how to install and use the app over the phone!  Worked though, but when we got there they all wanted fudge so that cleared us out for the night.  And another one where this older dude started shaking by the camp fire where the teepees are and said he hadn't eaten all day so the fudge came in handy then too he was a top bloke as it turned out 

Anyway you get the general idea, yes it is real fudge & thanks for asking.

You're clearly an expert fudge-packer.

(sorry, couldn,t resist).

9 hours ago, gherkin8r said:

So do the historical actions of every group dictate how seriously we should take any discrimination against that group? 

Does this apply to nationality, colour, sex and all of the other metrics we have no say in choosing at birth? 

It seems you are then assigning different rights to groups based on their sex, race, nationality etc. And surely that is precisely the type of discrimination we should be trying to tackle in the first place? 

None of that make sense. It's written there on the article for you to read with your own eyes I don't need to explain it to you. Regardless of what sex you are born, which you have no control over, you grow up that sex with those experiences. A girl growing up has a completely different childhood and life to a man. Maybe you dont think that in the UK (you're wrong) but thinking of it globally might help: 

What men are honour killed? What men are aborted simply for being male? What men are forced into arranged marriages with much older women who will rape and impregnate them as children? What men die in menstruation huts? Etc etc etc. 

The way you are born, what sex, colour, nationality defines your whole life. 

You are a man who is so privileged you cannot understand how a woman only space would be helpful for women. It is to make women feel safe, something you seem to be not only opposed to but intent on trying to make them feel the opposite by trying to gain entry. 

• Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, I feel like Pablo said:

None of that make sense. It's written there on the article for you to read with your own eyes I don't need to explain it to you. Regardless of what sex you are born, which you have no control over, you grow up that sex with those experiences. A girl growing up has a completely different childhood and life to a man. Maybe you dont think that in the UK (you're wrong) but thinking of it globally might help: 

What men are honour killed? What men are aborted simply for being male? What men are forced into arranged marriages with much older women who will rape and impregnate them as children? What men die in menstruation huts? Etc etc etc. 

The way you are born, what sex, colour, nationality defines your whole life. 

You are a man who is so privileged you cannot understand how a woman only space would be helpful for women. It is to make women feel safe, something you seem to be not only opposed to but intent on trying to make them feel the opposite by trying to gain entry. 

If i had known people were hiding from menstruation huts in the sisterhood i would never have tried to go in. Seems odd to put a safe space in one of the busiest areas of the festival with limited access at night. Maybe needs a planning rethink. 

Im not from the UK, I'm Irish. We've a long history of being opressed by the English. Can you let me know where I fit in on your victimhood top trumps and I can adjust my guilt levels appropriately?

8 hours ago, gherkin8r said:

And for all those reasons I am without any further ado categorically OUT

See you all next June

Quickest flounce ever.

15 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

If i had known people were hiding from menstruation huts in the sisterhood i would never have tried to go in. Seems odd to put a safe space in one of the busiest areas of the festival with limited access at night. Maybe needs a planning rethink. 

Im not from the UK, I'm Irish. We've a long history of being opressed by the English. Can you let me know where I fit in on your victimhood top trumps and I can adjust my guilt levels appropriately?

On 10/30/2019 at 4:28 PM, I feel like Pablo said:

No. Men are the dominant sex in society and historically women have been the only sex who have been affected by sexism. To be affected by sexism as a man is in no way the same as it is for a woman.

Hence women only spaces which some members of this forum are for some bizarre reason opposed to. 

Possibly the most sexist comment I’ve seen on this forum. 

Edited by Smeble

On 10/31/2019 at 8:12 AM, Hugh Jass said:

I am educated, that doesn’t work on me.

This thread was meant to be about a poster, it has since grown arms, legs and a fish pie. If you want a conversation about how hard done men are there are plenty of other places on the internet to do so.

The threads om this forum often veer to the side. You say that you are educated. If you are, please could you point out the exact words that I used to state that men are hard done by? In addition, given that you personally run with these veer offs to the left, why would you suggest that it is me that should go elsewhere? That speaks volumes, no?

On 10/31/2019 at 11:57 AM, I feel like Pablo said:

B. Feel free to Google sexism and read the Wikipedia page on it and it will make more sense. Also reserve sexism. Because of the patriarchal society we have had for thousands of years the way sexism could be against men just has not even a fraction of the weight it does against women who have been systemically oppressed by men since forever. 

Yes, but your original quotation stated that there could never be sexism against men. Your quote above indicates that there can be, but that it is only a fraction of that towards women. I have never claimed the later, just objected to the former. I'll give you an example - do you really believe we are where we should be in terms of having fully negated sexism towards gay men?

• 4 weeks later...