Fake Poster....

wilko8

15 minutes ago, I feel like Pablo said:

B. Feel free to Google sexism and read the Wikipedia page on it and it will make more sense. Also reserve sexism. Because of the patriarchal society we have had for thousands of years the way sexism could be against men just has not even a fraction of the weight it does against women who have been systemically oppressed by men since forever. 

So do the historical actions of every group dictate how seriously we should take any discrimination against that group? 

Does this apply to nationality, colour, sex and all of the other metrics we have no say in choosing at birth? 

It seems you are then assigning different rights to groups based on their sex, race, nationality etc. And surely that is precisely the type of discrimination we should be trying to tackle in the first place? 

6 minutes ago, Benja100 said:

That's a pretty nasty and thinly veiled threat really isn't it. Spirit of Glasto eh, what a top man.

maybe its not a threat..  more like someone they will avoid ... taken out of context unless you know people its very easy to misunderstand context on a forum ...

2 minutes ago, Benja100 said:

You're obviously a lovely guy and look for the best / give people the benefit of the doubt and that's a fantastic quality

I don't know this poster however and in the context it looks like a threat to me 

You have a lovely hat that you wear that brings much joy to yourself and others at the festival - my friends & I have attended for amny years and decided to try & put something back and try to help people find their lost friends. And give out some delicious home made fudge, aminly to cheer up any tired looking stewards as a little thank you.  I am now fearful for my safety and considering telling the other guys that we should cancel our project in case someone or a gang of people come over & abuse us or tries to start a fight.  It's a shame and I am not looking forward to the festival as much now.

Seriously man, catch yourself on. 

Just now, Benja100 said:

You're obviously a lovely guy and look for the best / give people the benefit of the doubt and that's a fantastic quality

I don't know this poster however and in the context it looks like a threat to me 

You have a lovely hat that you wear that brings much joy to yourself and others at the festival - my friends & I have attended for amny years and decided to try & put something back and try to help people find their lost friends. And give out some delicious home made fudge, aminly to cheer up any tired looking stewards as a little thank you.  I am now fearful for my safety and considering telling the other guys that we should cancel our project in case someone or a gang of people come over & abuse us or tries to start a fight.  It's a shame and I am not looking forward to the festival as much now.

I dont know you or the guy but its worth considering that you might have taken it out of context ... its also a fantastic festival ... just breathe a little there are some fantastic people on this forum and give it some time you will hopefully discover that ... the offers of fudge is great and  keep spreading that kindness at the festival and on here ... it goes a long way 

13 minutes ago, Benja100 said:

Oh come on mate.  You know full well that's not what he meant.

If what you say is true, it sounds like you're nowhere near as much of a nob in real life, so what's with this awful forum persona you've got going on?

Edited by stuie

7 minutes ago, Benja100 said:

Happy day!  I can't do a lot on a bad day to be honest. 

Anyway, sorry for all the hassle and hopefully we can draw a line under all this and move on and as per previous I would be delighted to offer you some fudge (it does not have drugs in it) at the festival if the opportunity arises :) I hope you are not offended by this, I did offer some to a diabetic once and she wasn't very happy about it but I wasn't to know.  I did look into making a small amount of diabetic fudge to help in the future but it really isn't possible to do it well as once you take the sugar out there isn't really much else left.  Anyway, going on a bit now but you get the general idea

Thanks

So is today a good day?

And some people might like fudge with drugs in... just saying!

6 minutes ago, Benja100 said:

Happy day!  I can't do a lot on a bad day to be honest. 

Anyway, sorry for all the hassle and hopefully we can draw a line under all this and move on and as per previous I would be delighted to offer you some fudge (it does not have drugs in it) at the festival if the opportunity arises :) I hope you are not offended by this, I did offer some to a diabetic once and she wasn't very happy about it but I wasn't to know.  I did look into making a small amount of diabetic fudge to help in the future but it really isn't possible to do it well as once you take the sugar out there isn't really much else left.  Anyway, going on a bit now but you get the general idea

Thanks

ha ha ... im a diabetic :) and we can eat sugar ... just need the correct amount of insulin to balance it out .... so that makes 2 diabetics you've offered it to ... im also able to eat it during low blood sugar times will happily accept some in June :) 

1 hour ago, Benja100 said:

That's a pretty nasty and thinly veiled threat really isn't it. Spirit of Glasto eh, what a top man.

Until recently you came across on these boards as a decent, helpful, if slightly whacky poster, eager to please etc. But then you started posting things like, the following:

On 10/28/2019 at 11:39 AM, Benja100 said:

people have different opinions, you’re adding zero to this discussion 

and:

14 hours ago, Benja100 said:

You really are a nasty piece of pie aren’t you

and:

You have contributed nothing apart from unpleasantness to this thread. Not sure what you get out of it but all the hallmarks of a pretty pathetic little man.  

and:

Using the ‘selective’ ignore button now you deplorable imbecile? 

etc. 

Your rep has nosedived these last couple of days because of the way you interact with others here, and you'll soon be in negative numbers if you carry on like this. You've not come over recently as particularly approachable (well, some of the time your posts are very welcoming, but when you get drawn into debate you have a tendency to get confrontational), and my comment that you've just posted highlights that you and your team will be quite recognisable and easy to avoid. I certainly didn't mean it as any kind of threat, why would I?

I'm sure you can turn this around though, if you try :)

22 minutes ago, Benja100 said:

I suffer from a disorder and have good and bad days.  I try to make up for the bad days on the good days but it doesn't always work especially with people who I don't know as you can see.  It's quite a feat for me to even try to connect with new people as it can produce very mixed results.

I try to temper my posts by offering free fudge, sharing fish pie recipes, and the most ambitious project I have attempted can be read about here, I think this went OK and I was very positive about trying to use it to good effects at the festival:

My dream would be to help 1 person a day locate a missing person and I am optimistic that it is possible. If not, we do have a lot of fudge available and that did go down well too.

All good intentions....

On 7/2/2019 at 10:52 PM, Benja100 said:

Just thought I’d update this thread- had a fantastic festival but the crowd memory thing not so good

We did get lost a bit- 2 of the guys lost their phones, 1 guy forgot to take his T-shirt and then when a couple of people came over I was too twatted to help much, told one guy to head to the NME tent as I forgot I wasn’t at Reading  

so we’re deffo doing it again next year but will be taking new measures to improve it and will bump the thread then

Much thanks 

...Sometimes the festival gets the better of us all ?

Would love to know how you get on next year!

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Christ, don't summon him. That's all we need.

I thought that...

This meme that someone posted the other day perfectly sums up whenever I decide to pop in to General News Discussion!

1731880201_giphy(1).gif.1246badfed344519

2 hours ago, Benja100 said:

I don't know what that means.  Catch myself on fire?  Sometimes it would seem to be easier than dealing with all the problems

Thanks I appreciate your kind words, but I have offered the fudge many many times on here and it doesn't seem to be helping.  It is a shame as it is delicious fudge, my kids really love it I suppose that's a good thing to hold onto

However I still bear no grudge and would offer the fudge out to anyone who would like to try it.  It is very tasty, in fact I just cancelled my order of the Glaston 50 book to buy a more accurate thermometer to make it even better.  I was really looking forward to reading it but I will get a few pages free off Amazon and be content with that I guess

Is this fudge metaphorical?  I'm confused.