Fake Poster....

wilko8

12 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

There's a very clear distinction between wanting to have "a conversation about how hard done by men are" and calling someone out on saying it is impossible to be sexist against a man. I absolutely do not want to have either of those conversations ever again, certainly not in these pastures but I think that distinction is important to recognise. Unreasonably painting people as MRAs for calling out bad reasoning helps nobody and just serves to derail open conversation. 

I haven't painted anybody as anything, all I was simply saying that a thread about a lineup poster for Glastonbury isn't really the forum for a conversation on sexism. I was trying to nip it in the bud before we had a repeat of the general twattery we had from certain posters when Greta was brought up.

As I have said, there are other parts of the internet for those sort of conversations.

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I haven't painted anybody as anything, all I was simply saying that a thread about a lineup poster for Glastonbury isn't really the forum for a conversation on sexism. I was trying to nip it in the bud before we had a repeat of the general twattery we had from certain posters when Greta was brought up.

As I have said, there are other parts of the internet for those sort of conversations.

My comment wasn't specifically aimed at you Hugh but suggesting that anyone here is suggesting that men are hard done by or is trying to have that conversation is wilfully inaccurate. 

13 hours ago, gherkin8r said:

My girlfriend and I dropped by. I was refused entry as expected so waited outside for a minite while she went in for a nosey. Said it was empty apart from a couple of others who ventured in to see what was happening and then left when they saw that nothing was happening. Jer froemd said the experience was the same when sje went in. 

I'm somewhat curious how they refused you entry without assuming your gender? Seems a bit of a PC minefield...

6 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

I'm somewhat curious how they refused you entry without assuming your gender? Seems a bit of a PC minefield...

They just said "Sorry, girls only". I said I identified as female and she just laughed at me and snarled "Do you indeed?" before walking away. I obviously didn't fit her gender construct stereotype. It is a bit of a legal minefield. There was a Swedish festival last year found guilty of a similar setup.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/dec/19/statement-swedish-women-only-music-festival-guilty-gender-discrimination

No action was taken despite the guilty verdict as they said they did not actually implement the man free policy on entry which wasn't the case with the sisterhood. 

17 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

They just said "Sorry, girls only". I said I identified as female and she just laughed at me and snarled "Do you indeed?" before walking away. I obviously didn't fit her gender construct stereotype. It is a bit of a legal minefield. There was a Swedish festival last year found guilty of a similar setup.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/dec/19/statement-swedish-women-only-music-festival-guilty-gender-discrimination

No action was taken despite the guilty verdict as they said they did not actually implement the man free policy on entry which wasn't the case with the sisterhood. 

She laughed because you don't identify as female.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

She was right thought, wasn't she? 

Yes although making assumptions based on someone's appearance often leads to correct outcomes. The problem is when it doesn't.

Anyway just to point out that I'm not offended or angry about not being allowed in. I had no real desire to go in, just a curiosity as to what their response would be to my attempting to go in. I'm also not keen to discuss it any further as I have work to do. 

9 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

Yes although making assumptions based on someone's appearance often leads to correct outcomes. The problem is when it doesn't.

Anyway just to point out that I'm not offended or angry about not being allowed in. I had no real desire to go in, just a curiosity as to what their response would be to my attempting to go in. I'm also not keen to discuss it any further as I have work to do. 

B1CDB556-3CAC-43AD-B974-5DEA5A3074A3.jpeg

35 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

you're so lame dude

13 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Let me repeat your original statement, just to refresh ourselves;

You cannot be sexist against men. It is not possible 

You have then quoted above two statements above  which are wholly contradictory. First you state that, historically, women have been the only sex who have been affected by sexism. You then go on to contradict yourself by saying that any sexism towards men is in no way the same as it is for a woman. 

So, are you really saying that;

(a) there has never ever been sexism towards men ever happen?

(b) That if that sexism towards men did exist, that it wasn't as vulgar as sexism towards women?

B. Feel free to Google sexism and read the Wikipedia page on it and it will make more sense. Also reserve sexism. Because of the patriarchal society we have had for thousands of years the way sexism could be against men just has not even a fraction of the weight it does against women who have been systemically oppressed by men since forever. 

• Upvote 2