Fake Poster....

wilko8

On 10/29/2019 at 2:07 AM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I haven't read the whole of this thread, so admit I don't have full clarity. Just so as to put my mind at rest - yours is a tongue in cheek statement, right?

No. Men are the dominant sex in society and historically women have been the only sex who have been affected by sexism. To be affected by sexism as a man is in no way the same as it is for a woman.

Hence women only spaces which some members of this forum are for some bizarre reason opposed to. 

Edited by I feel like Pablo
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, gherkin8r said:

Can we please have a thread for discussing who is teh best at selling out gigs in Belgium? That way i can keep all the interesting content in one place and dont have to read any of the shite about Foals.

Unless of course they are big in Belgium, in which case I am prepared to read about Foals being big in Belgium. After all that is in fact what is important. Being big in Belgium that is. Not foals. Except maybe in Belgium

the best is Editors ..... as long as they are touring with support from October Drift 

56 minutes ago, I feel like Pablo said:

No. Men are the dominant sex in society and historically women have been the only sex who have been affected by sexism. To be affected by sexism as a man is in no way the same as it is for a woman.

Hence women only spaces which some members of this forum are for some bizarre reason opposed to. 

Did any women on here actually go and use this women only space? 

I remember lots of talk about it before G19 but was it a success/in demand/useful to anyone?

3 hours ago, stuie said:

Did any women on here actually go and use this women only space? 

I remember lots of talk about it before G19 but was it a success/in demand/useful to anyone?

My girlfriend and I dropped by. I was refused entry as expected so waited outside for a minite while she went in for a nosey. Said it was empty apart from a couple of others who ventured in to see what was happening and then left when they saw that nothing was happening. Jer froemd said the experience was the same when sje went in. 

Edited by gherkin8r

4 hours ago, I feel like Pablo said:

Its sad that you don't believe in equal rights for all. 

6 minutes ago, Benja100 said:

Hi there Mr Zigster, I hope you are great today.   I've been back at work today after taking some holiday, some of which was spent having an interesting discussion with some people online.  I don't typically spend all day on a forum for a festival that isn't taking place for the best part of a year although it is great to dip in & chew the fat with folk as I'm sure you understand.

As a little reward for your patience, here is a quote from one of the founders of Greenpeace, that can be found at the bottom of the article entitled "Chief of World Meteorological Organization Castigates Climate Alarmists" which, I hasten to add, anyone can read as it is written in English and not Danish.  Of particular note is the bit where he calls Greta 'A Climate Alarmist'

https://www.theepochtimes.com/chief-of-world-meteorological-organization-castigates-climate-alarmists_3073666.html

Greenpeace co-founder Patrick Moore called Taalas’s remarks the “biggest crack in the alarmist narrative for a long time.”    “The meteorologists are real scientists and probably fed up with Greta, Mann, Gore, & AOC catastrophists. Good on him,” Moore wrote on Twitter on Sept. 7

Patrick Moore is widely dicredited and his views disowned by Greenpeace. 

Try harder. 

8 minutes ago, Benja100 said:

Greenpeace co-founder Patrick Moore called Taalas’s remarks the “biggest crack in the alarmist narrative for a long time.”    “The meteorologists are real scientists and probably fed up with Greta, Mann, Gore, & AOC catastrophists. Good on him,” Moore wrote on Twitter on Sept. 7

Don’t want to start this all up again but you should probably research Patrick Moore before you start using him to help your argument. 

2 minutes ago, Benja100 said:

Honestly, less is more, your post was so much better pre edit also the typo didn’t help I’m afraid 

There is nothing alt right about any opinions have written on this topic. That’s a straw-man (take note HalfIdiot) as it is a misrepresentation of me. And a bit ad hom too really when I have done no such thing to you. Uncalled for and needlessly unpleasant. 

However as a Virgo I bear no ill will and will gladly provide an unlimited quantity of non narcotic fudge if we bump into each other at the festival. And will also attest to repatriate you with any lost friends due to our phenomenal memory T-shirt thing. 

I was joking. 

32 minutes ago, Benja100 said:

Would you talk to someone like that in real life?  It's not very pleasant and isn't really motivating me to make any effort to engage.  Try harder... to be civil

Also... do you know what a straw-man argument is btw?  It's not what I wrote, which was 'an example'.  A strawman argument is deliberately misrepresenting someone's point.  Which, ironically, is what you've just done.

You have a valid point but the arguments you put forward are poorly structured and the evidence you present is weak and selective. There is much better out there 

Try harder and you might get some consideration. Continuing to present the same weak stuff and expecting a different result is a waste of you time. 

Try harder is a genuine suggestion. 

Just now, Benja100 said:

Oh sorry, well, very good joke in that case!

I hope you can appreciate that not everyone sees being labeled as alt right as a funny joke hence my sense of humour failure!

Sorry and thanks!

I was suggesting i had sent up the alt right signal what with me also being a supposed nazi round these parts. 

Didnt mean to upset you dude. 

6 hours ago, I feel like Pablo said:

Let me repeat your original statement, just to refresh ourselves;

You cannot be sexist against men. It is not possible 

You have then quoted above two statements above  which are wholly contradictory. First you state that, historically, women have been the only sex who have been affected by sexism. You then go on to contradict yourself by saying that any sexism towards men is in no way the same as it is for a woman. 

So, are you really saying that;

(a) there has never ever been sexism towards men ever happen?

(b) That if that sexism towards men did exist, that it wasn't as vulgar as sexism towards women?

7 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Let me repeat your original statement, just to refresh ourselves;

You cannot be sexist against men. It is not possible 

You have then quoted above two statements above  which are wholly contradictory. First you state that, historically, women have been the only sex who have been affected by sexism. You then go on to contradict yourself by saying that any sexism towards men is in no way the same as it is for a woman. 

So, are you really saying that;

(a) there has never ever been sexism towards men ever happen?

(b) That if that sexism towards men did exist, that it wasn't as vulgar as sexism towards women?

Fuck’s sake.

Can we just kill this thread with fire please?

2 hours ago, Benja100 said:

He is alright, I have one of his books here, seems legit

Not as much in it about star signs as I was expecting though so maybe you guys are right after all

However I will happily supply some non narcotic fudge regardless of the outcome of this discussion

FFF52E93-8761-40BD-9992-156E178BFF10.jpeg

Personally, all of my knowledge of The Universe is taken from Kevin Keegan's The Big Book of Space.