Spending Eternity on Worthy Farm

parsonjack

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I've spent a couple of Monday mornings sitting about waiting until it was a reasonable time to go to the airport for my flight home. That felt like an eternity on the farm

WC Fields - "I once spent a year in Philadelphia, I think it was on a Sunday."

Edited by Quark

12 minutes ago, Rubber Soldier said:

If you can arrange for your remains to be interred in Chris Martin you’d be guaranteed to appear on the farm at least once a year for eternity.   

I’ve just had a thought how to do that.,,....and to be honest it’s rather unpleasant ending your days like a stash being smuggled through customs 

21 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Been to the site today to pick some sloes for Christmas gin.  In the afternoon Autumn sunshine we commented on how peaceful the site was and how many memories we, and thousands of others, have made there over the years.  Perhaps I was feeling a little melancholy but (although I'm not expecting it anytime soon) I asked my wife if she would mind interring my remains here when I go.  She of course said she would do this gladly, assuming that is she survives me.

We then started wondering how many other people have requested the same....and are either already there, or planning to do so?  I do know of someone who is already spending eternity under the oak tree by the Stone Circle....but I'm guessing there will be others.

after a potter around the site a few weekends ago there is a tree in the glade with a fair few plaques on dedicated to people sadly no longer with is with their names and a little info on there

touching 

• Upvote 1

Top of the hill of death for me, been a regular deep thinking space for me for decades now. There's loads of other areas that compete but this one wins every time. The panaramic outlook and closeness of volume, the overwhelming sight and sound of happiness.

Edited by Cooter

Up above the stones for me. If ever I'm on a Glastonbury wander I'll inevitably gravitate there. It's been my favourite spot since the trees up there were mere saplings. 

My friends sister was scattered above the Park, somewhere near where the rainbow man was this year. 

On 10/27/2019 at 6:33 PM, parsonjack said:

Been to the site today to pick some sloes for Christmas gin.  In the afternoon Autumn sunshine we commented on how peaceful the site was and how many memories we, and thousands of others, have made there over the years.  Perhaps I was feeling a little melancholy but (although I'm not expecting it anytime soon) I asked my wife if she would mind interring my remains here when I go.  She of course said she would do this gladly, assuming that is she survives me.

We then started wondering how many other people have requested the same....and are either already there, or planning to do so?  I do know of someone who is already spending eternity under the oak tree by the Stone Circle....but I'm guessing there will be others.

I picked my sloes on the farm last year. The resulting gin was lush.
Have you seen the memorial plaques on the trees by the Glade? That would be a nice touch too. 

7 hours ago, phillyfaddle said:

I picked my sloes on the farm last year. The resulting gin was lush.
Have you seen the memorial plaques on the trees by the Glade? That would be a nice touch too. 

Excellent....found a whole stash along the railway line at back of Other Stage field.

@shuttlepmentioned the plaques in the Glade too....didn't know it was there so will look for them when we next have a wander.  There is a small tree by the path to Green Fields (poss on the corner where Tiny Tea Tent lives...) that often has ribbons tied on it out of season...it used to have a small notice attached as a remembrance to a chap but I'm not sure if that's now gone.

Edited by parsonjack
  • Like 1

I love the place, but my plan is cremation and getting chucked in a river to go off and see the world. I was going to choose the river in the village where I grew up but my cousin said I'd run around in Goole and get no further....