Spending Eternity on Worthy Farm

parsonjack

Been to the site today to pick some sloes for Christmas gin.  In the afternoon Autumn sunshine we commented on how peaceful the site was and how many memories we, and thousands of others, have made there over the years.  Perhaps I was feeling a little melancholy but (although I'm not expecting it anytime soon) I asked my wife if she would mind interring my remains here when I go.  She of course said she would do this gladly, assuming that is she survives me.

We then started wondering how many other people have requested the same....and are either already there, or planning to do so?  I do know of someone who is already spending eternity under the oak tree by the Stone Circle....but I'm guessing there will be others.

Edited by parsonjack

There will be people who say that you need to ask if them if you want to do this. But then, they'd never know would they? 

I've long thought its a nice idea, but knowing my luck I'd get blown into some long drops or have NOS cannisters stamped into me. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, UEF said:

There will be people who say that you need to ask if them if you want to do this. But then, they'd never know would they? 

I've long thought its a nice idea, but knowing my luck I'd get blown into some long drops or have NOS cannisters stamped into me. 

Yep...no sprinkling....a handy trowel and a small hole for me please .  I'm also a bit funny about the whole scattering thing....I'd prefer to all be in one place thanks ?

Edited by parsonjack

Bloody hell this is a cheery thread! Remember some of us are closer to being scattered over the hallowed ground that others!  

But

I would pass in peace if I thought my ashes were in the woods at the back of the JP field. If I was to haunt anywhere that’s the best place to scare the shit out of festival goers. Just hope that the year I go I havnt paid my ticket balance! 

I need to get my Will rewritten! Like many I’ve thought of this and simply can’t come up with a better place. 

Just within Gate C will be fine, so I can keep experiencing that thrill of ‘I’m in!’ 

(The father-in-law, being from Hull, wanted his ashes cast at sea so we did atop the Humber Bridge, sadly the wind changed and we all got a good inhalation of ash. You can never escape the in-laws!)

When myself and the Mrs visited the farm in August last year (18) we made it to the Pyramid and had a while there on our own when we then seen an older couple arriving at the back of the Pyramid holding some flowers, we got talking and it turned out that their 21 year old son had died a few years earlier on the date, it was his favourite place in the world according to his mum so they had his ashes scattered around the tree behind the Pyramid frame with the permission of Michael. We talked some more and I was truly touched by their story and memories of their son, they had never been to the festival itself but would come back on the same date every year knowing that he was in his happy place and they were saying how they fancied attending the festival at some point but may find it too emotional. 

It just so happened that this date was my birthday and we were at the farm during the fallow year, we were sharing our own stories of the festival and we were also explaining our love for the festival and the place as a whole whilst also explaining that we volunteer to clear litter in the very same field. By the end we exchanged numbers to keep in touch and they went to this years festival after listening to our advice and they loved it, we all met up for a beer at the Pyramid field on the Wednesday and toasted to the memory of their son. 

So it did get me thinking that there must be a lot of these stories where people have had their ashes scattered somewhere on the farm and it does make me smile to think that everyone can come together (even random strangers who meet by chance) and celebrate those loved ones. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 4

My good friends dad is scattered around a tree at the top of stone circle, one of the little ones that's up near the bonfire on Wednesday night. Every year we go, have an amazing festival and sometime on Monday AM on the way back to the tent from SE corner we all go and say hello whilst taking in the last views of the festival that year. He was at the first ever Glastonbury and it just feels right we can go and visit him each year. 

I will have at least part of my ashes put somewhere on the farm, not sure exactly where yet though.