Jump to content

2020 Next Announcement Thread!


Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

I have a big job interview on Friday and have to travel 5 hours each way, so the poster will be out then.

Hope the journey is worth it

That’s going to be a bastard of a commute every day if you get it.

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moon the Biff.

Just had word that the announcement is infact what we feared, its likely to be a cancellation notice to come.

I can't wait for you all to apologise to me when the postponement/cancellation announcement is finally made.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

That’s going to be a bastard of a commute every day if you get it.

My normal commute will be to my spare bedroom, but part of the role is travelling around the world and the UK.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

My normal commute will be to my spare bedroom, but part of the role is travelling around the world and the UK.

Sounds good. Good luck for it.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

February 17 - mrholmes
February 18 - zahidf
February 19 - fightoffyour
February 20 - nicnzl, Rocketfrog1820
February 21 - Brad2434, Jack.194
February 23 - Damon
February 24 - HattersBoy, Obiginnaw
February 25 - billum, Dronx
February 26 - dentalplan
February 27 - mcshed
February 28 - OnlyRevolutions
February 29 - Keithy, funkychick2007
March 2 - WestCountryGirl, s30foster
March 3 - AlexOvd, assorted, jparx, gmb1992, rawrsomesauce
March 4 - HeyPorter, kingbadger, sequenci 
March 5 - SupernintendoChalmers, Sasperella, The Red Telephone
March 6 - Gnomicide, chuckles07, shuttlep
March 7 - beefykoala, Havors
March 8 - Chazwozza
March 9 - Doug85, Stokesy10, discgoesmic

March 10 - LGH, Freddyflintstonree, dotdash79, JonnyG, Euphoricape
March 11 - RarerThanDandyB, Earth_pig, the_arsonist, zeppelin, Chrisp1986, wro_lap
March 12 - Joey T, jyoung, Wellyboot, SomeoneListeningIn
March 13 - Jakeyboi135, Andy0808 v5, MetaKate, chazwwe, Radiochicken, Slugy
March 14 - morph100
March 15 - northernringo, stt11, Lubic87
March 16 - Fish Bulb, moams, Ashl
March 17 - Waltere, crazyfool1, circus92, FuzzyDunlop, Miyn, thrillhouse188
March 18 - Kalopsia, Matt42, Guy Incognito, mazola
March 19 - sisco, maelzoid, Quark, Jack The Stripper
March 20 - giantkatestacks, kalifire, Hugh Jass, Gregfc15
March 22 - Simsy, Ayrshire Chris, sheerin_lfc, Bryanrebe
March 23 - Jon F, Bennykill
March 24 - a6l6e6x, reflekting
March 25 - CJTM, kingcrawler, Gwladboy
March 26 - Tuna, DareToDibble, Smash Williams
March 27 - Suprefan, Northtim
March 28 - mikegday
March 29 - Greenelk
March 30 - Mr. Snrub
March 31 - MattyMooz, petewilson09, Huckleberry Finn
April 1 - priest17
April 2 - august1
April 3 - eFestivals
April 6 - Tommy Dickfingers
April 8 - the wonderwhy
April 13 - jj200
April 24 - faymondo

Just keeping this a bit more updated with the busy week ahead and a flurry of late entries. March 21st is the only date until balance week left alone now.

Also trying to keep this thread a bit more positive as corona seeps it's way into every conversation, the fest is going ahead and an announcement is incoming (I hope)

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've picked Thursday but I'm on a work course today 10 - 4 and wont be able to check my phone so hope you're all excited for the poster today at 10am x

I'll catch up at 4 I suppose :( 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think we'll be getting an announcement until another couple weeks - they'll be holding out to see what the asitch is with Covid-19 and if they need to delay/cancel before getting everyone excited about a line-up - they'll only reveal that if they're certain it will go ahead.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nban2010 said:

I don't think we'll be getting an announcement until another couple weeks - they'll be holding out to see what the asitch is with Covid-19 and if they need to delay/cancel before getting everyone excited about a line-up - they'll only reveal that if they're certain it will go ahead.

Nah, cos they can't be certain it'll be going ahead until the gates open.

As the announcement date is around the same sort of time as the UK is expected to switch to new measures they might hold back to see what those are - but I can't really see them holding anything back for more than a week or two from the dates they've planned, as the possibility of cancellation is always going to be there at whatever point they announce..

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we'll get the lineup around the usual time, with a short statement reiterating that they are preparing as normal for the festival, monitoring the situation and working with the local council to make sure provisions are in place.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Nah, cos they can't be certain it'll be going ahead until the gates open.

As the announcement date is around the same sort of time as the UK is expected to switch to new measures they might hold back to see what those are - but I can't really see them holding anything back for more than a week or two from the dates they've planned, as the possibility of cancellation is always going to be there at whatever point they announce..

Would you expect any kind of statement in the near future or with the poster/resale? Even just an acknowledgement of the situation, with a reminders it’s out of there hands but currently going ahead at the moment 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, thrillhouse188 said:

Would you expect any kind of statement in the near future or with the poster/resale? Even just an acknowledgement of the situation, with a reminders it’s out of there hands but currently going ahead at the moment 

They did give an official response and i dont think anything has changed so they would just be saying the same thing again.

 

“Glastonbury Festival thoroughly plans each year’s event, and puts in place all necessary measures to protect the public and maximise safety,” says Adrian Coombs, Glastonbury Festival’s Head of Event Operations.

“We work closely with all of the relevant agencies, including Public Health England and the NHS, and always review our plans as any circumstances change. With this in mind and with our 2020 Festival still 16 weeks away, we continue to plan and prepare for the event, whilst at the same time closely monitoring developments with the coronavirus situation.”

 

Poster is coming tomorrow BTW

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Earth_pig said:

Poster is coming tomorrow BTW

Let’s go.

Talk of coronavirus is slowly leaning into every thread on this site (which I completely understand given the situation) we need a poster drop to rekindle everyone’s optimism!

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, jparx said:

I think we'll get the lineup around the usual time, with a short statement reiterating that they are preparing as normal for the festival, monitoring the situation and working with the local council to make sure provisions are in place.

finally, sense prevails

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, s30foster said:

No Gwen for Glasto then?!   "Gwen Stefani joins Duran Duran at Hyde Park as a UK exclusive for 2020."

god dammit

Link to post
Share on other sites

not sure if its been suggested before (apologies if its already been debated)  but do we think there is any chance they may delay the balance payment date by a few weeks.

If they need to cancel it may make the process earlier. (not that they are cancelling :) ) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...