2020 Next Announcement Thread!

Matt42

It is perfectly feasible we get absolutely nothing until balances have been paid now.

they will probably make one more stand alone artist announcement of some type but there certainly won't be any grumbling from me until early April if we don't hear anything else before then.

the time from now until the first poster does seem to drag on forever but its the same conversation every year. It will come at the end of March or the start of April like it always does.

in a year where they've already confirmed 2 monster headliners and its the 50th anniversary there is absolutely no need for any further hype to get people to pay up.

even if they had the worst take up of deposit balances the resale will see to any remaining tickets in 10 minutes. This is the most in demand glastonbury of all time. it may be the most in demand festival of all time, period.

Edited by Memory Man

9 minutes ago, Fish Bulb said:

Don't they usually drop at least the poster before the balance due date? I'd assume that would make sense as some people might decide to return their tickets based on the line-up?

Yes.

Back in 2011 the resale was before the poster drop but every year since then it's been before.

See the thingy for more info!

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

It is perfectly feasible we get absolutely nothing until balances have been paid now.

they will probably make one more stand alone artist announcement of some type but there certainly won't be any grumbling from me until early April if we don't hear anything else before then.

the time from now until the first poster does seem to drag on forever but its the same conversation every year. It will come at the end of March or the start of April like it always does.

The first poster drop has been before the resale since 2011. I either think we get 1 more artist in the next 2-3 weeks (Aerosmith) or we're waiting on the poster in mid March. Which I'm fine with. 

34 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

there is absolutely no need for any further hype to get people to pay up.

Completely see your point, but if (at least part of) the line-up doesn't come before the resale, it seems like a bit of a waste of time having a resale at all.

36 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

even if they had the worst take up of deposit balances the resale will see to any remaining tickets in 10 minutes. 

You could say this every year.

20 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

Are you going to Boomtown this year @Sasperella? I'd have thought that line up would keep you content for a few weeks at least!

I don't think so... A couple of my friends are thinking about Houghton instead so I may do that with them, or just go all out on Glastonbury (and potentially given yesterday's announcement, the Sunday at Reading!!!)

4 minutes ago, jparx said:

This forum is buzzing with too much non-Glastonbury news. I don't care about OTHER festivals - gimme Glastonbury news! 😝

We still thinking there's some chance we get some news tomorrow with the NME awards?

I think it needs to get even quieter. Let the other festivals sell their tickets and then it’s time for the big G.

It isn’t quiet enough yet for a Glasto announcement. 

I bet it’s coming in March.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I think it needs to get even quieter. Let the other festivals sell their tickets and then it’s time for the big G.

It isn’t quiet enough yet for a Glasto announcement. 

I bet it’s coming in March.

I don't like seeing everyone else have fun with announcements though!

So you're thinking it's silence from Glastonbury until the poster drop in March?

Just now, jparx said:

I don't like seeing everyone else have fun with announcements though!

So you're thinking it's silence from Glastonbury until the poster drop in March?

Yeah I think since we are now hurtling through February I reckon March is probably what’s going on. Kendrick still hasn’t sold out his BST dates and I think it’s clear that Glastonbury don’t want to confirm Aerosmith even though they have self confirmed.

Usually before the poster drop it feels like the festival has been cancelled it’s that quiet. We haven’t reached that point yet.

We need to be considering whether the festival is even happening before it all drops.

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Alternatively, we can count our blessings that we've not been landed with the Reading & Leeds line up 

I actually don't mind it. Stormzy and RATM are pretty ace headliners.  Even for Rage, though, I couldn't stomach that festival anymore.

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Stormzy is yesterday's papers as far as Glastonbury is concerned.

Oh yeah, and I'm not remotely suggesting I'd trade any of our headliners. They're fun headliners but our trio is a different level entirely. Even RATM. They will be great, but it'll be the same show I saw a decade ago.

Edited by jparx

8 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Surely something tomorro .... maybe not even performer related ... it’s been a while since we’ve had anything ..surely some little nuggets to keep us going ... 

Even if she doesn't give us something during her acceptance speech it's a given she'll do an interview beforehand with NME and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know the journo will definitely do some digging so they can be first to announce a scoop...

2 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Even if she doesn't give us something during her acceptance speech it's a given she'll do an interview beforehand with NME and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know the journo will definitely do some digging so they can be first to announce a scoop...

So perhaps some juicy clues/rumours but not necessarily a firm announcement. I like that thinking.

3 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

yep a whole evening giving nothing away .... do we know if Michael is going with her ? if so its guaranteed :) or will he not want to overshadow her award ?